Hurricane Jose Will be Deported, White House Says

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Katherine Kerensky said:
Blazing Hero said:
Alright, I'll tell the people who offer their free time to pack up their bags and get out, the fun police have arrived and demand they stop.
*shrug* Or you could tell them to instead focus back on tech and games? You know what the site is actually about? If all it takes is "doing it for free" then why stop here. Lets fill up the news feed with abortion topics who cares as long as the person posting it doesn't care about getting paid?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Blazing Hero said:
*shrug* Or you could tell them to instead focus back on tech and games? You know what the site is actually about? If all it takes is "doing it for free" then why stop here. Lets fill up the news feed with abortion topics who cares as long as the person posting it doesn't care about getting paid?
Feel free to offer to write such articles. At the moment, we're doing what we can to get new writers in, or any extra content at all, which is a lot more than a lot of people in this thread are doing by whining.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
Drathnoxis said:
tippy2k2 said:
Man, Newclassic got hate and so did Taco. I need to step up my game I guess if I'm going to become a real Escapist contributor...Oh oh, Tippy's gonna do an article too? Hold on, let me sharpen my pitchfork!
I already did

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170985-New-game-releases-for-week-of-september-24-2017

Not ONE person called my work bad or awful or not worthy. I didn't even get a "wow, the site is really reaching for content" or "I haven't been on the site since 1997 but I'm showing up now coincidentally to complain about something on the site I don't like".

I'll never be a real Escapist contributor if I can post an article without getting (at least) one person to fly into a rage over nothing :'(
Don't worry Tippy, I'll always think your articles are shit! :p

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Katherine Kerensky said:
Blazing Hero said:
At the moment, we're doing what we can to get new writers in, or any extra content at all, which is a lot more than a lot of people in this thread are doing by whining.
That is the odd thing about this. If what you said is true and all you are trying to do is find new content and a direction for the site, why immediately write off any negative feedback from the community as "whining". If you really care about trying to find new things for the site why not simply create a news post asking the community for new ideas and volunteers to do free content?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Blazing Hero said:
That is the odd thing about this. If what you said is true and all you are trying to do is find new content and a direction for the site, why immediately write off any negative feedback from the community as "whining". If you really care about trying to find new things for the site why not simply create a news post asking the community for new ideas and volunteers to do free content?
The thing asking for volunteers is something I've thought about... but I've had a bad day and I hate Defy, the douchelords that own this site.

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Katherine Kerensky said:
Blazing Hero said:
The thing asking for volunteers is something I've thought about... but I've had a bad day and I hate Defy, the douchelords that own this site.
I think asking the community directly for volunteers would at least garner a bit of good will and make them feel like they were part of the sites shift in focus. As for Defy I really don't know anything about them. As a simple user of the site the only thing I can really say is that it seems like they honestly don't give a shit about it anymore.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Blazing Hero said:
I think asking the community directly for volunteers would at least garner a bit of good will and make them feel like they were part of the sites shift in focus. As for Defy I really don't know anything about them. As a simple user of the site the only thing I can really say is that it seems like they honestly don't give a shit about it anymore.
Yeah, Defy are... a rather despicable group. Can thank them for the lack of contributors, and huge cut backs in everything. But yeah, I'm gonna go kickstart a discussion on the whole volunteer thing, because we did it in the past, and it can't hurt any more than anything else that has been done to try to help this site.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Blazing Hero said:
Katherine Kerensky said:
Blazing Hero said:
At the moment, we're doing what we can to get new writers in, or any extra content at all, which is a lot more than a lot of people in this thread are doing by whining.
Because few people are willing to work for exposure.
If you want content creators, expect to pay for them.

And at the moment, I honestly doubt that The Escapist can afford to buy a carton of milk.

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
JenSeven said:
Blazing Hero said:
Katherine Kerensky said:
Blazing Hero said:
Because few people are willing to work for exposure.
If you want content creators, expect to pay for them.

And at the moment, I honestly doubt that The Escapist can afford to buy a carton of milk.
You are right. Few people are willing to do that. In that case it only makes sense to put the request front and center so as many people as possible can at least see it. There is always the chance that someone will jump at the opportunity.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
JenSeven said:
How is pointing a moral issue in a 'news' item flamebait?
I think you need to look up what flamebait is, because it does not mean what it seems you think it means.
Your comments are strikingly passive-aggressive. On top of that the absurd tangent to babies with AIDS makes you look like a humorless caricature. "Okay, how should I take this?" That's literally begging for people to tell you to beat it.

Fine, it wasn't your intention, but your comments closely resemble bait thread OPs on other, more unhinged forums and comment sections.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Saelune said:
vallorn said:
People with no sense of humour complain that humour isn't funny to them. The thread. The Forum. The Legend.
Thats like saying people have no taste because there is food they dont like.

Just because not every stupid little thing makes a person laugh, they have no sense of humor? That is absurd and you know it.
And just because something doesnt make you laugh doesnt mean you have to complain about it. Piss off.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
I approve of this content.

And similar to Canadamus Prime, I believed that Trump tweeted something as an unintentional basis for this satire.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
People have been begging for Taco News forever. How dare you complain.

JenSeven said:
Fat Hippo said:
Jeez Louise people, stop getting so many bees in your bonnet. I found the article funny, anyway.
Because yes, it's a fantastic idea to make fun of a natural disaster.
What shall we do for the next joke? Here is an idea, babies that are born with AIDS.
Yes, that sounds like a wonderful subject to make jokes about.
That actually sounds hilarious

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Chefsbrian said:
Maybe it'd feel less crap if Taco News parodied game news, at the least. Then it'd hold some candle of relevance to what the site used to be about.
I could get behind that. The best Taco News I saw was that one about the Order 1886 devs.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I complained about this website having too many news headlines with words "possibly" "maybe" and "perhaps" which is why I really don't care for what is considered gaming news.

I much prefer this

SolidState

May 30, 2015
As if that other clickbaity and inflammatory article wasn't enough, now you've started posting nonsense straight out of the Onion too?

If the intention was to drive away the rest of your already dwindling userbase, you're certainly going the right way about it.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
JenSeven said:
Fat Hippo said:
Jeez Louise people, stop getting so many bees in your bonnet. I found the article funny, anyway.
Because yes, it's a fantastic idea to make fun of a natural disaster.
What shall we do for the next joke? Here is an idea, babies that are born with AIDS.
Yes, that sounds like a wonderful subject to make jokes about.
We found the SJW guys. Get him!