Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Hybrid Review

Cover-based to the extreme.

Read Full Article

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
I am so sad about this. I love their previous games on the DS to death and so i really wanted to love this too.

But as the article points out it is all just SO BLAND, so ALREADY SEEN, it's awfull.

Why did the have to choose the boring sci-fi armor entrenched in faceless industrial area locales.

Why not something like Locs Quest, steampunky magic quest, or something cartoony, ANYTHING else that what they ended up with plus the few concept art splash screens.

Link XL1

Apr 6, 2010
while i havent played more than the trial, i have to ask: why would you care about the story and setting? its a multiplayer only game, you dont go around docking points from halo or cod's multiplayer cause they have no story behind them.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
You know, not every story has to have a deep and compelling story, just like not every movie has to have a deep and compelling story. Sometimes we play/watch them for a deep story, but sometimes we do it for mindless fun. It's variety, which is the spice of life.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
So this is basically a cross between Tribes and Shattered Horizon? Fair enough, but it seems rather... silly I guess. Both of those accomplish their aspects of what Hybrid is trying infinitely better.

Oh well, that's life.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
I don't know how you guys gave it a 3/5, TBH.
It's the dullest game I've seen in a long time. Generic coverbased combat, where you're not even allowed to move on your own, you just have to walk from pieces of cover to cover.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Jetback based multiplayer shooter with zero depth that quickly gets repetitive and boring after a couple of games? Who on Earth thought a Shattered Horizons clone was a good idea? And why does the article describe it as "innovative"?

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
the bit where you contribute to the overall score of the two warring factions or whatever actually interested me, but not quite enough to get the game :/

Brett Bowling

May 12, 2012
It had flippen jet-packs and they were used to crouch behind walls. That's akin to using a light saber to spread butter on a biscut.