Hyperdrive Theory Could be Tested at the LHC

destroyer2k

Oct 12, 2008
sms_117b said:
destroyer2k said:
I didn't see that hiperdrive could go beyond speed of light. About gravity bubble this isn't hard to creat the main problem is powering it (by current theory you need infinitive energy). The same goes for worm hole we have a idea how to creat (on one side gravity and at the end anti-gravity) but powering this thing with infinitive energy this nobody know how to make.
Apparently hyperdrive is like driving a road in "subspace", just depends on the thruster speed of each ship. Infinite energy aside, the bubble may not be hard to create, but you would need a very powerful computer to strengthen and weaken the field in certain areas to move in the desired direction. Lets not go to worm holes yet, they are however, very cool.
On the bright side you could have pleanty of sun if computer fail.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Whoa there guys. If anything we need to invent a Dampening field first unless you LIKE being squashed into a pulp.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Lemeza said:
MelasZepheos said:
Ah FTL travel.
Einstein's theory of special relativity states that it is impossible to accelarate an object of non-zero mass to FTL speeds because it requires infinite energy.
Not that it would be a bad thing for somebody to work out how to make something go FTL.
That's in regular time-space. Almost every sci-fi thing circumvents that by making up some sort of sub-layer of space, an alternate dimension to travel through, wormholes, anything. And that's exactly what they're going to research here: how to circumvent the laws of time-space to achieve FTL travel.
popdafoo said:
Oh no... not the Large Hadron Collider... I don't think that hyperdrive could be worth the chance of us all getting sucked into a black hole.
F*CK YEAH IT IS!!!! *ahem* Sorry my inner nerd took over there.
CyberKnight said:
canadamus_prime said:
Cool! Where can I pre-order myself a starship?
Have you tried GameStop? They'll take your pre-order for anything...
Say that again:

The Enterprise of Millenium Falcon shouldn't be much of a problem then.

holoman

Oct 11, 2009
I filed LINAC NLS propulsion patents 8 years ago and published papers to AIAA.

Not known is my antimatter propulsion. Information to never be published even by USPTO.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Zenode said:
Doesn't this go against Einsteins theory of relativity??
But the thing is that it is a theory, not fact, and the only reason scientist use it is because they have not been able to prove it wrong yet and have nothing better.

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
well we've already nearly made a black hole or burned up the atmosphere tons of times lets tempt the universe again