BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
and it is not Breath of the Wild 2!

Sort of! It's a prequel to Breath of the Wild. Honestly though, this is the most interesting DW spin-off since HW1 and Fire Emblem, so I don't mind. Looks better than KT more recent output of Musou games.

Last edited:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Just texted their mom. Can confirm, shit has been lost.
That sounds like a health hazard.

On topic, like the idea of plot continuity at least, though I think I've only ever played one Warriors game before. Still, got a Switch recently, so could add this to my collection.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The question is: is Nintendo going to be cowards and end the game at Link's last stand and have Zelda's stalling action be an ending cutscene, or are they going to nut up and let Zelda have a final boss fight?

There's a secret worse third option that I don't want to say out loud

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I get to play as the hot, bronzed amazonian with red hair... I can live with that.

But then I probably also have to play with the bird guy, yech.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
The question is: is Nintendo going to be cowards and end the game at Link's last stand and have Zelda's stalling action be an ending cutscene, or are they going to nut up and let Zelda have a final boss fight?

There's a secret worse third option that I don't want to say out loud
I suspect that Awakened Zelda is going to be the final character we unlock and that her fight against Ganon will be in the game. We already see her sealing him in the trailer after all.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I get to play as the hot, bronzed amazonian with red hair... I can live with that.
And she got Witch Time too. More melee action games are stealing from Bayonetta now. Technically, Aya & Saki (Onechanbara), Jack Cayman, and Travis Touchdown beat her to the punch, but Bayo made it popular.

But then I probably also have to play with the bird guy, yech.
Don't be birdcists!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostrick Dorklord

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
And she got Witch Time too. More melee action games are stealing from Bayonetta now. Technically, Aya & Saki (Onechanbara), Jack Cayman, and Travis Touchdown beat her to the punch, but Bayo made it popular.
Pretty sure that shot is simply emulating the bullet time dodge ability you have as Link in BotW. But yeah, I mean hundreds of games have had a dodge to trigger bullet time effect over the years.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Pretty sure that shot is simply emulating the bullet time dodge ability you have as Link in BotW. But yeah, I mean hundreds of games have had a dodge to trigger bullet time effect over the years.
Yeah, but before the melee action game started doing it, it was mostly relegated to third person shooters. Devil May Cry had bullet time functions, albeit it was at the press of a button when you either got a certain end game item (DMC1, an amulet (DMC2), a style (DMC3), a gimmick in one mission (DMC4), Devil Trigger (DmC 2013) or an arm (DMC5).

Last edited:

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I never made it very far in Hyrule Warriors. A couple hours in and I lost interest.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I never made it very far in Hyrule Warriors. A couple hours in and I lost interest.
No worries. I was suprised how much I done in the first game, despite not being that big of Zelda fan. I've played enough games or watched a friend play to get most of the references.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Watching Dynasty Warriors clips on TechTV/G4 never really did anything for me.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
What have you got against my man Falco?!
He's a really annoying anime trope.

So is Mipha, and Daruk, and Purah. There's a lot of anime in Breath of the Wild actually, it's one its more unfortunate qualities.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So is Mipha, and Daruk, and Purah. There's a lot of anime in Breath of the Wild actually, it's one its more unfortunate qualities.
Really? That's it? Oh boo fucking hoo! I am not that in to Breath of the Wild, but character wise, none of these characters ever bothered or annoyed me. Anime influences have always been in LoZ, it's just a bit more noticeable in this incarnation. Never played the game, but I did see a playthough.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Warriors games always seem like such a vapid, empty experience, thrashing on waves of weak mobs 🤷‍♂️