I Am Alive Producer Dismisses "Bitching" PC Gamers

m72_ar

Oct 27, 2010
NezumiiroKitsune said:
Don't think he's being much of a "dick", he's just being blunt. You don't get a lot of that in public relations, but if it upsets you so much you won't buy a game on the principle of "he wasn't very nice about it", you're a bit petty.

I mean, even if they can make the money back, maybe the resources would be better spent elsewhere, and they don't want to dedicate them to the port. Nah, it sounds blunt, a little short, but not dickish. He's certainly not saying they won't develop for PC at all any more.
Pretty sure the entire job of a company's PR department is to prevent shit like this from happening.

I got no single clue about how to do PR but I'm pretty sure not saying anything or Rockstar's old standby "There are currently no plans for a PC Version for X" will get the message across much better and much less product boycott.

Being "petty" ? Imagine you go to a store to buy a TV then the company rep told you that you are a retard and can go fuck yourself. Would you buy that company's product? Hell no!

Fare ill ubisoft, i hope your company goes down in flames soon.

Plunkies

Oct 31, 2007
As if there wasn't enough justification to pirate notoriously terrible and drm packed Ubisoft games....Wow, Ubisoft are idiots. I'd never pirate games myself but I know I won't be buying any Ubisoft pc games and I'll be sure to buy their console games used if I get them at all.

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
Whether PC gamers would buy it or not is up to them. But if they CAN'T buy it, then...

Wait, what?

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
m72_ar said:
NezumiiroKitsune said:
Don't think he's being much of a "dick", he's just being blunt. You don't get a lot of that in public relations, but if it upsets you so much you won't buy a game on the principle of "he wasn't very nice about it", you're a bit petty.

I mean, even if they can make the money back, maybe the resources would be better spent elsewhere, and they don't want to dedicate them to the port. Nah, it sounds blunt, a little short, but not dickish. He's certainly not saying they won't develop for PC at all any more.
Pretty sure the entire job of a company's PR department is to prevent shit like this from happening.

I got no single clue about how to do PR but I'm pretty sure not saying anything or Rockstar's old standby "There are currently no plans for a PC Version for X" will get the message across much better and much less product boycott.

Being "petty" ? Imagine you go to a store to buy a TV then the company rep told you that you are a retard and can go fuck yourself. Would you buy that company's product? Hell no!

Hardly the same thing... this is more like if they only sold TV's that only display in gamma, and they said they weren't interested in getting any visible spectrum TVs. Except even less blanketing because it's only one game, not all of them.

Like I said, it'd be petty not to buy the game because they said they weren't interested in putting resources into development for the PC, on this title. Saying you don't like how they said it is just semantics, would if really have mattered it they said it in a sterile PR way? And so what if Ubisoft do secretly think all PC gamers are scum and thieves, it's hardly something to get worked up about. Not that they do.

m72_ar

Oct 27, 2010
NezumiiroKitsune said:
m72_ar said:
NezumiiroKitsune said:

Hardly the same thing... this is more like if they only sold TV's that only display in gamma, and they said they weren't interested in getting any visible spectrum TVs. Except even less blanketing because it's only one game, not all of them.

Like I said, it'd be petty not to buy the game because they said they weren't interested in putting resources into development for the PC, on this title. Saying you don't like how they said it is just semantics, would if really have mattered it they said it in a sterile PR way? And so what if Ubisoft do secretly think all PC gamers are scum and thieves, it's hardly something to get worked up about. Not that they do.
I would be less pissed at them, that's for sure.

Example:

Situation: Company will no longer supply TV to your city due to economic reasons

Option A:
Company says "We have no plans to supply TV to your city, since it is not economically viable to do so at the moment"
Option B:
Company says "We're not going to supply TV to your city, because you entitled piece of shit are going to steal it anyway"

Same meaning. Your city is not getting any TV. The only difference is they also calls you a shithead in option B.

As a paying customer I'm insulted, I bought almost all their major releases on launch day, put up with their stupid DRM without complaints, then statements like this pop out! and you wonder why I got worked up by this

One game only? This is not a lone dev in the woods who gets their games published by Ubi. The devs are Ubisoft themselves. If the entire company doesn't think like this how does statements like this get past their PR department.

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
I would like to point Mr.Hatespcgamers to Minecraft, which has sold over 4 million copies, even with how easily pirateable it is. Now why did that happen? Because Mojang made a quality game, do the same and you wont have to worry about selling just 50k copies on PC. Asshole.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Stubee said:
Ubisoft games always get pirated to shit or torn a new one by the pc community because of DRM. Dont blame them for giving the PC a big middle finger.
So you are saying that because there are a lot of dickheads in a group EVERYONE should be punished? I call bullshit on that Sir. By releasing it on the pc they could've gone on the: We hate the bastards who steal our stuff, but we're giving the good guys a chance to prove to us they DESERVE another chance" tour. Instead they told some good people they're a bunch of hackers who deserve to be left out.

It's not fair really, they could just upgrade the security on the game and be really strict about it, but just blowing it off makes them seem like idiots.

Anyway, I was interested in the game, and now I'm not. Not even for my PS3
-
calling me a cheap hacker, hmpf I'll give them ch- *mumbles angrily*

HavocS6

Nov 3, 2009
A Game I hadn't really heard anything about and no real interest in getting is not coming to PC, meh, no real lose.

But saying, as I am PC Gamer therefore I am filthy pirate, is sodding insulting.

So Ubisoft:

One Good thing, the money I may of spent on this game will probably be spent on World of Tanks or Mechwarrior Online when it's released.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Meh... insofar as this I Am Alive title goes, I couldn't give less of a shit if I tried... I'd have to start giving negative shits or something and that can't be good for the digestive system.

However, as another example of Ubisoft treating the PC gaming community with contempt, it's a bit irritating. Not as irritating as their draconian DRM... or when they say they'll go easier on the DRM and then a week before release say 'trollololol PC pre-orders, we're putting in our usual amount of DRM, you filthy pirate scum.'

Honestly, if they want to get out of making PC games so badly, they should just fuck off...

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
You just lost my money ubisoft. I own both a PC and an Xbox but calling PC gamers pirates and cheapskates is not the way to win hearts and minds. Thats 60 less dollars.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Oh yes, a side note, I was actually thinking about getting Assassins Creed 2 when it inevitably goes on sale on Steam sometime this week... Guess what I won't be doing now.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
dragongit said:
I mean, if you are alergic to money Ubi, we understand. It's why you haven't made Beyond Good and Evil 2 yet.
Yes because the first game was such a commercial success that they're idiots for not making a sequel yet.After all a sequel to such a hit would be guaranteed to sell millions

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Well I guess I must of imagined all those Tomb Raider, assassins creed, prince of persia and other ubisoft titles I have on my steam account. Fuck you ubisoft and don't bother releasing the new Tomb Raider game for PC either, I won't buy it or even pirate it. EPIC games pulled the same shit, when their golden boy gears of war failed on the PC. You can't moan about pirates, for the PC because it is stupidly easy to find pirate copies of any multi platform game for the xbox or PS3.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Humility is always a nice quality. Also, is it just me or is this shit PR? He basically said: "They won't give us enough money so we won't sell them our game". Any company that refuses profits (however modest they might be) should seriously revise their business policy. You don't want my money Ubisoft? Fuck you, I'll just give it to Desert Bus.