I AM SO F***ING ANGRY AND OFFENDED RIGHT NOW!!! why?

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
I'm not offended by the ad as I think its silly to be offended by anything. I just think it misses the point. Protestors are trying to make peace and end the fighting when they are the only ones responsible for the fighting in the first place. The police would rather be home with their families. There is no mutual conflict, the aggression is completely one sided.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
Lisker84 said:
You people need to check your privilege.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/how-privileged-are-you?utm_term=.blV4QVRyw#.qlrQ4rM3x
No seriously, check the very official chart made by a couple very authoritative Buzzfeed writers.
Apparently, I'm among the most privileged people in the world. This changes nothing. I'm going to continue living my life as I alway have.

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
The ad was dumb, and I get why the condescending nature of the oversimplification didn't go over too well. That said, the happy, hippy "peace, love, and fun times" nature of soda adverts has been a thing for a while so not surprised they tried what they did. Failed badly, but could certainly see the thought process leading up to it at least, especially given the attempted tone of previous marketing strategies. Hell, I can even give them a little more credit than most in seeing the attempt as a "ok everyone, this is getting scary, can we all please calm down a little?" sort of message, even from a company that would probably only do so because they know that the rabid politicization is bad for their business.

Then we add politicized people into the mix and you realized it had no hopes of working well. Some people just want to be outraged and feels everything disagreed with is an aggressive action against them or their beliefs personally. Shame.