I Can't Stop Playing Plague, Inc.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007

A mission to destroy the world ... but mostly Greenland.

Read Full Article

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Isn't this EXACTLY Pandemic? I mean, point-for-point. The only difference is Greenland and Madagascar swapped? So that I'm doing more than just repeating what was already said...

LINK!
http://www.kongregate.com/games/DarkRealmStudios/pandemic-2

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
This game is so simple yet so addictive. It has been the sole reason that my phone ends up dead in the middle of the day for a long time now.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Going for the Insanity symptom will set back research quite a bit. It also helps with infection because the doctors can't tell the difference between the crazy people and the sick people. Plauge Inc. really is a fun game, I've had it for a while but quit playing because of frustration until recently it was mentioned on the Jumping the Shark podcast.

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
As has been mentioned, twice, this is that old Flash game Pandemic, where I was constantly stymied in my attempts to remove the terrible plague of humanity from the planet Earth by that damnable port in Madagascar that closed, at best, just when my disease when getting some traction, and at worst as soon as the bloody thing was discovered by one nation. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

But I did play the Android version, and absolutely wrecked it. First disease wiped humanity off the face of the planet in about ten minutes. Then I deleted it. I really enjoyed Pandemic, but Plague Inc just doesn't have the same allure. Maybe I'm growing up. Or maybe I was sick of constantly being told to buy the deluxe version to unlock everything right away. If there's a reason I hate mobile gaming, it's that.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Yeah looking at it, I completely agree with the three other people. This is just pandemic plus money.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Balmong7 said:
How do the in app purchases work?
You give them money to unlock certain features of the game faster than playing to get them also the first purchase on Android gets rid of the annoying as hell adverts. If you're on Android it handles the payment through Google Play, I'm not sure how it works on iOS.

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
As a microbiology major with an interest in epidemiology, games like this and Pandemic are right up my alley. Too bad I don't have a fancy phone to play it on.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Falterfire said:
Isn't this EXACTLY Pandemic? I mean, point-for-point. The only difference is Greenland and Madagascar swapped?
Same basic idea, yeah. But Pandemic as I recall never had anything like the Neurax Worm [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1NkPQ_2_g].

Worship the worm.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
I was going to read your article, but I was killing the world in plague inc. the key is to get the plague as infectious as possible and make sure it is good against cold and drug before even bother with symptoms.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
Pandemic anyone? Or a copycat?
- Pandemic is free, this one costs $1... I see...

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
Amazing game. A lot more in depth than Pandemic. Great value as free, and one in-app purchase will disable the one tiny add and unlock the little stat bonuses which you can work towards with xp points.

Go for infectivity, and disable all mutations for lethality until 100% of the population is infected. Then evolve lethality quickly. Also, evolve the water and air transmissions fully and you'll get Greenland. China is also a great place to start for all diseases and for some reason, starting on China makes Morocco the hardest one to kill off, which isn't too bad. That's one strategy that seemed to work for most diseases, even on Brutal. I've beaten all the diseases on Brutal, and some of them get really fucking tough.

Tldr; Fuck the people of Greenland and all that they stand for.

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
I'm pretty sure I read this exact same article years ago on the escapist, except talking about Pandemic and not Plague Inc.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
I recall playing that game or at least something like it on flash. It really annoyed me that everyone was in such a panic over my disease considering it had no effect on the human body whatsoever besides lounging around. We discovered a disease that spreads slowly and in no way inhibits human life? Shut! Down! Everything!

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
If Greenland's been annoying me by surviving a few rounds, the closest I'll get is Norway. I've found that although Greenland has a port, it only gets traffic from the port in Norway, limiting your options somewhat. As for regular starters, I'll typically pick Indonesia or Egypt, given they both have ports and airports.

Never gotten "Oops" though, but the "Walking Dead" symptom is practically a staple of Plagemia, in all its incarnations.

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
Madagaaaaaascaaaar! *shakes fist*

A butterfly beats its wings in Brazil... and Madagascar closes its port.

But yeah, I'll probably be checking this out. Love the hell out of Pandemic 1 and 2.

Inquisitor Slayde

Jan 17, 2009
Susan Arendt said:

A mission to destroy the world ... but mostly Greenland.

Read Full Article
I grabbed this game after seeing you tweet about it a few times and I'm really enjoying it. It and Triple Town are the only games I've grabbed for my phone and not been bored with within a day. The only bad thing I have to say about it is the how quickly it drains my phone battery.

So, thank you for introducing me to Plague Inc and seriously, fuck Greenland.