I do i go onto Xbox Live!?

Gado911

Apr 17, 2009
I must sound really stupid but i have highspeed internet but i don't know how to get onto xbox live i also don't have a rauter.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Well, if you can't have a router just plug the ethernet cable for your computer into the Xbox instead.

EDIT:

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
You have highspeed net but then router?
Well the xbox should have come with a big cable with the traditional phoneline cable like ends on it you plug one end into an xbox and the other end into your high speed internet ports likely stuck on a wall somewhere probably next to your phone and bobs your uncle.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
You should be able to just plug the ethernet cable into the back of the 360 and go to "Join Xbox Live" button in the marketplace tab.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
I heard of this nifty new invention called Google that can help with these kinds of questions.

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
Gado911 said:
Is the ethernet cable just the cable that is used on a phone?
Your xbox should have come with a roughly 2-3 meter long big thick cable that looks the exact same as a phone line cable.

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
Glerken said:
I heard of this nifty new invention called Google that can help with these kinds of questions.
I heard those crazy kooks at yahoo answers where new in the business and answered this sort of thing too.
You know when it became compulsory just to ignore the instruction book(s) that come with the console.

Derk_smite

Apr 22, 2009
No its usually the one you use to go from your router to your tower to gt an internet connection. It looks liek a telephone one but its alot thicker. Your Xbox will have to be close to your Router though unless you want to by a Wireless receiver for your xbox which costs about 99.99 here in Canada. With that cable youll want to throw it into the back of your xbox and have it connect into your router. Xboxlive's website should show you this. Not to hard, if it doesnt work contact Microsoft.

dragonflygirl

Apr 2, 2009
I have problems connecting to xbox live, u my have to change some settinf on your router is u have the wirless ( im not sure out the cable)
What i would say is go on yourtube, there are more video people have created on how to do xbox liv. it help me out alot,as i im trouble with computers and electronic things

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
Basically the hole you plugged the computer your on right now is the same hole you have to plug the cable in from the back of your xbox into, the cable needed came with your xbox.
The thread should have ended after the 10th ish post, the rest likely confused the poor boy.

It should have looked something like this:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41OFkhMf2AL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

One end in your xbox360 and the other end into a similar hole as to what you plug your computer internet into.

Gado911

Apr 17, 2009
llamastorm.games said:
Basically the hole you plugged the computer your on right now is the same hole you have to plug the cable in from the back of your xbox into, the cable needed came with your xbox.
The thread should have ended after the 10th ish post, the rest likely confused the poor boy.

It should have looked something like this:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41OFkhMf2AL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

One end in your xbox360 and the other end into a similar hole as to what you plug your computer internet into.
But my internet is satellite