I don't play on a PC so suck it!

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Meestor Pickle said:
Only advantage I see consoles having is easier\more fun to play racing, fighting and sport games...all of which I hate anyway.

PC can do pretty much EVERYTHING better. I love my PC :3
Racing sucks hard on the consoles. The top-tier (even mid) racing wheels are not comparable with consoles.

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
I used to be a PC fanboi, but now i ama PC/PS3 fanboi, but i still prefer to play games on my PC, because it is better hardware wise and functionality wise than my PS3... I am even getting anew PC which will be even better hardware wise in 2 days

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
RadiusXd said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Anyone who says computers are 1,000$ are Either:
A) scammers.
B) Computer modelers or someone who actually DOES something on them other than dicking around on facebook and playing games. These are people who need that power for actual work.
OR
C) australian.

... still worth it though.
Naw, you can build a decent gaming rig for less than AU$1k. Been there, done that. Hell, I built my gaming/3D modelling/art rig for AU$950 and if I wasn't so picky about certain components I could have shaved another AU$100 or so off the price.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i used to be a pc fanboy then i grew up and found out that console aren't that bad i still use the pc for gaming but i mostly go to places like this and watch anime and movies i get when i want to play something on my consoles

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Skullkid4187 said:
I guess modding, for some reason it makes....gaa.....gaaaaaamuhs.....gameeeeers.. feel superior to any non personal computer gaming folk.
I read that in Dr. Cox's voice. I need to take a break from watching scrubs.

Well sonny. You see with a PC (or Personal Computer) you can do all sorts of nifty things. You can play cards, you can do the surfing of the world wide web, you can talk to some friends through a program called Instant Messaging (you and them talk in real time, with no delay!), and friend other people on a website called "Myspace". You also get to use fancy lingo (LOL!).

Oh...wait. You're talking about playing games. Uhm lets see, well, most of it is just person preference. Every single reason on here that states "PC is better than consoles because..." are opinions. All of them are opinions based on the person's experience.

I prefer consoles for most of my games, just because I don't have the money to upgrade my pc to the point where I can play games at the same level as I would on a console. Plus, I really don't like the dedicated server system most games (or at least as far as I know) use for their multiplayer. I much prefer to be thrown into a lobby with a bunch of other weirdos, that i mute, and play my game in peace.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Cole Sauer said:
whats so special about PC?
You can constantly make your PC better, and you can use it for many other things as well.
I play computer alot, but nowhere near as much as console.
I grew up with consoles, so I am a little biased, but I still like playing MW2 or Metroid Prime on a TV than a computer.

These days, you can play xbox games on a computer with a controller, so the difference is not that big.
The only benefit for PC's I can see, is modding, constant upgrading, and multi-purpose-ness.
I'd rather upgrade my PC than wait for another version of a console to come out.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Modablility, (arguably) better controls, higher fidelity visuals, cheaper games, multitasking.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
Mods, more buttons, controller optional rather than required, internets, you already *have* one, component upgrades rather than having to buy a completely new system every so often, a general sense of self-satisfied superiority, don't need a tv to use it, it apparently makes console people get all pissy and defensive, there are a lot of pluses.

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Cole Sauer said:
ive have a bunch of friends who play PC and they think that consoles are worse and so im like screw that but i also see that there are alot of reviewers who also use pc and im just wonadering... whats so special about PC?
Sooo...you don't want us to make games for you anymore?

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Kakulukia said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Kakulukia said:
It has 101 buttons instead of 16.
You have to upgrade it every year instead of every 5-6 years.

...that's about it.
No, i haven't upgraded my rig in half a decade. still kicking ass at ultra settings. That is a myth to scare people against the "big bad computers."
And how much did you pay for it?

That's what I thought.
600-700$. Little over the price of a launch PS3. They can be as cheap as you want, but you only go expensive like 700$ when you need processing power for computer modeling and NON gaming things.

A) scammers.
B) Computer modelers or someone who actually DOES something on them other than dicking around on facebook and playing games. These are people who need that power for actual work.
Okay, I agree with you with that the "upgrading every year" isn't necessary, but even I'm curious as to what you've got running in that 5 year-old thing that lets you play new games on ultra settings.

lukenhiumur

Feb 20, 2010
Not too be rude, but in the future your arguement might be taken better if you write it in an understandable way.

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Unless you've experienced some of the greatest moments of PC gaming.. you will never know or understand.

It cannot be explained.

And that is YOUR loss.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
RadiusXd said:
Ultratwinkie said:
A) scammers.
OR
C) australian.

... still worth it though.
Naw, you can build a decent gaming rig for less than AU$1k. Been there, done that. Hell, I built my gaming/3D modelling/art rig for AU$950 and if I wasn't so picky about certain components I could have shaved another AU$100 or so off the price.
well, i guess did kinda go high range, but still that was 1600. true that for less then 1000 i could've gotten a computer that exceeds the current consoles in terms of power. but then running games at full settings with screen capture on wouldn't be so easy now would it?

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Risingblade said:
[...]steam sales? Oh and PC's are more powerful in the graphics department
This, plus more buttons. Also, personal preference and ease of use for people who're use to PC already and not use to console.

Also, RTS fans have little choice.

Most people need a PC, the extra cost to make it a gaming PC is less than that of buying a console too. Games are cheaper.

Can get DRM free copies (pirate copies) of games that have stupid DRM (not supporting piracy, it's abhorrent, but it's a reason to have a PC).

Comfort, sitting on the couch is comfortable for some people, I prefer a comfy computer/office chair as I've a shitty back and terrible posture, and most of them are corrective.

Modifying, both games and the PC it's self. It's really fun to have a unique gaming system, even if it's just a stencil airbrushed on your case, but PC's are generally easier to mod than consoles. I don't like to mod my games but some people do.

And to reiterate, steam sales.

EDIT: Also, social gaming, not facebook games, social gaming, like playing with mates, it's easier for me (and many people) to play games on PC because you can hop on xfire, teamspeak, mumble, vent or whatever and chat to your mates and play games, even different games to each other.

I live on the opposite side of the country to almost all of my friends and only about 5 of them have xbox's and 2 of them have a PS3, my ps3 was stolen and it's online is shit. Almost all of my friends have a PC though.

Also, D&D over skype.

Loki Cain

Jun 3, 2009
Not much, PC has potential for better graphics though at a higher cost, personally i prefer a keyboard and mouse, I feel its more precise (though you can also plug a controller into a computer). You have more freedom of key binding. Though you do need way more hard drive space for a computer.

I don't know its your choice, I like computer more.

I'm not saying consoles are bad though, they are really good for parties and such and have a lower cost then computers.