I don't understand male virgin shaming.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Because people are fuckin' stupid. Okay, like, if you were 30 and, not due to an actual medical inability, you've not had sex then fine, you're doing something wrong, but the act of a guy not fucking isn't reason to take the piss. I'm still to young to be expected to have done the deed though so what do I know?

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Itsmyvirginlife said:
srm79 said:
darklilac said:
Men are depicted as and expected to be aggressors, being sexually aggressive is the "proper" way to be a man. If you aren't, then you are looked down upon by other men. On the off hand, women who have sex with lots of men are seen as disgusting sluts, so really that makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense. Think about this way: if you have a key that can open lots of different locks, you would have to say that's a pretty damn awesome key, right? But if you have a lock that can be opened by lots of different keys, well, that's a pretty shitty lock. Amirite?

Seriously though, I was 20 before I lost my virginity. There was some winding up from mates who had lost theirs but I don't actually remember it being that bad. And I'm still quite proud that I didn't lose mine until I was with someone I had genuinely deep feelings for. Seriously, there's no shame in it.
Your lock and key analogy doesn't make you look sexist at all. The idea that a woman is a lock that can be opened with a key, a key that all men possess, is about as elementary as some schoolyard sex joke amongst prepubescent teens. Get over it. Your key must be pretty shitty if every guy has the same one. Your key sounds average. Don't even attempt to argue my point, because in doing so you belittle the granule of manhood you possess. You don't want anyone to think I actually got under your skin by insulting your views on gender, do you? But if you think with your (o(K you'll have no choice, for a man who is led by manhood lacks restraint. By the way, I'm a virgin. I get off by being a tease. I get others off by being a tease. The real sex happens in the mind. I'm an attractive, athletic, outgoing, well-endowed 25 y.o. man who's an escapist with no regrets, because even if I did have sex I'd never be likened or reduced to those who think as you do. Sex is great, but engaging in a dialogue with those who think on a general wave-length concerning sex is a most incommodious business.
Wow. So even if you didn't get from my second paragraph that the first was firmly tongue-in-cheek, if you had bothered to read a few more posts before jumping on the outrage bus you would have got to the post where I categorically stated for the benefit of another halfwit who didn't get it that it was intended in good humour. Sheesh...

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
White Lightning said:
I like how some of the lurkers made an account to make fun of virgins lol

It isn't a big deal so I don't get why people care. I guess it's just because people are stupid.
Why does this fact make people stupid? You need to explain your position please. It's very easy to say in response to anything "people are stupid tehehhe" but you need to back that up.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
1) Why was this necro'd?

2) Fairly simple. Mating is a natural human process to continue the species, at it's heart. Being more advanced than mere animals of course, we often do it simply, well, because shit feels good bro.

However, that instinct is still there somewhere. Thus, someone failing to get laid, even only for recreational purposes, becomes someone failing to be a functional human being.

At least that's how I think it works, being a complete perma virgin myself. Hell, I downright believe that I have failed to be a functional human being, everyone else I know has managed it, it can't be that hard, yet I fail to attract anyone.

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
Giftfromme said:
White Lightning said:
I like how some of the lurkers made an account to make fun of virgins lol

It isn't a big deal so I don't get why people care. I guess it's just because people are stupid.
Why does this fact make people stupid? You need to explain your position please. It's very easy to say in response to anything "people are stupid tehehhe" but you need to back that up.
It's stupid to make fun of someone for being a Virgin because it doesn't mean anything, just because you've had sex and someone else hasn't doesn't make you better than them. It's stupid because anyone who does think this only thinks this because they're probably unhappy with an aspect of their life so they try to bring someone else down with them, or their insecure about some kind of flaw they have so they try to point out flaws in others.

That is why anyone who does this is stupid.