I got a job!

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
Yeah! I haven't had a permanent job since I was 16, I'm now 19, and after some hard work and a metric tonne of luck, I've netted myself a stock control job at a grocery store.

I am absolutely over the moon. The job market around here is diabolical and I've had god knows how many unsuccessful interviews and applications so to finally get what I wanted for once feels good!

Nope, there's no discussion value here, I know that, but this is a big deal for me. National unemployment rises and somehow I get a job!

Like a salmon swimming upstream, I have achieved my goal. Fuck yeah.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Congrats, I'm still looking for one. There isn't shit out there.

||XIII

Jun 1, 2010
Good job, man! Let's make this an "Awesome things that happened today" thread.
I just pulled an A out of my ass at an exam I was completely unprepared for. Feels good, man.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Be funny to put a couple of dozen slow swimming carnivorous fish up stream so that the they can be pushed down stream to the salmon... hee hee...

Oh yeah...job...on topic.

That's great, do you plan to do this for a long time? Or are you aiming for a different job? If so are you using this job as work experience, or money to save up and move to the location that has the jobs you want?

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
yay, job XD. I've worked at a grocery store for years, glad to me out of it. Started my own business I did XD. But job is good job, enjoy!

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
||XIII said:
I just pulled an A out of my ass at an exam I was completely unprepared for. Feels good, man.
You should see a doctor about that, as yanking one of these...

Is not a good sign, and you may have some weird anus cancer.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
Congrats! Good to know that you have a job you like. I hear most people bitching about theirs and I think: "Well, how could you go on with it for so long?"

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Yay! I've had to apply for JSA after been turned down Wednesday and about 5 times before that. Wonder if anyone else will push my face into the dirt today.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
Rylot said:
Congrats, I'm still looking for one. There isn't shit out there.
Yeah, the amount of fuckin CVs I printed off and aimlessly distributed is ridiculous. You just have to be in the right place at the right time to make it all worthwhile.

dududf said:
Be funny to put a couple of dozen slow swimming carnivorous fish up stream so that the they can be pushed down stream to the salmon... hee hee...

Oh yeah...job...on topic.

That's great, do you plan to do this for a long time? Or are you aiming for a different job? If so are you using this job as work experience, or money to save up and move to the location that has the jobs you want?
After being unemployed for so long I couldn't afford to aim for specific jobs. As far as job type goes, I'm pleased it's working with stock rather than working with people, but I would have settled for either. The dream is to become a body piercer, but at this place (Tescos, not exactly The Ritz but I can deal) they don't allow any facial piercings so displaying to parlours that I have an interest in what they do is going to be nigh impossible. I'm happy to have anything right now so piercing can wait.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Frequen-Z said:
After being unemployed for so long I couldn't afford to aim for specific jobs. As far as job type goes, I'm pleased it's working with stock rather than working with people, but I would have settled for either. The dream is to become a body piercer, but at this place (Tescos, not exactly The Ritz but I can deal) they don't allow any facial piercings so displaying to parlours that I have an interest in what they do is going to be nigh impossible. I'm happy to have anything right now so piercing can wait.
I don't know much about piercing (other then it makes for GREAT sexual innuendos) couldn't you just take out the jewelry and leave it at that?

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
DAMN YOU!! D:<

I mean... congrats.

Nah, good luck to you dude! I'm looking for a job right now >_> and not having any luck at all. I'm glad some of us Escapists are though! :D

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
dududf said:
Frequen-Z said:
I don't know much about piercing (other then it makes for GREAT sexual innuendos) couldn't you just take out the jewelry and leave it at that?
Yeah that's probably what I'll have to do. I'm gonna miss having a piercing but still, we move on.

EmileeElectro said:
Yay! I've had to apply for JSA after been turned down Wednesday and about 5 times before that. Wonder if anyone else will push my face into the dirt today.
Yeah, I just applied for it myself, got my first payment yesterday and now it looks like I don't need it any more. Crazy timing.

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
CONGRATS!
And I received an e-mail that I passed my exams and that I am now officially a chemical laboratory worker :D

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
||XIII said:
Good job, man! Let's make this an "Awesome things that happened today" thread.
I am going to the pub after work to watch England play! I mean, it hasn't happened yet, and it might turn out to be terrible, but it's still the best I can come up with. Which says a lot of sad things about my life, I guess...

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
I got a job at hornbach my father asked the boss if he had work for him. The boss said no and than my father asked if he had work for me, and than the boss said yeah and thats awesome^^

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Frequen-Z said:
Yeah, I just applied for it myself, got my first payment yesterday and now it looks like I don't need it any more. Crazy timing.
I hope that would be the case with me. I know there's a massive Tesco wanting work near where I'm moving to on Friday. Sighh.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
EmileeElectro said:
Frequen-Z said:
I hope that would be the case with me. I know there's a massive Tesco wanting work near where I'm moving to on Friday. Sighh.
Yeah, the opportunities there are more numerous than in other stores due to the number of departments I guess. It's worth noting that the job I got starts at 6am on two of the days I work >_<