I hate youtube for this... (fellow metalheads/TRUE rockers, you know what im talking about)

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
EDIT: Before anyone goes off and yells at me for being "ignorant" and biased. What I'm getting mad about is how my genre is being confused with other genres that i hate. It would be like if people said "Shadow of the Collosus is stupid because its just walking around and jumping on shit." that would make any gamer mad, right? I just dont like people being ignorant and mixing up Rock and Metal with Screamo/Emo creatures is all, and that's what this rant is about.

do you, fellow metalheads and even just people who appreciate music that requires SKILL to play (like classic rock such as The Who and ZZ Top), hate that our music is ALL being pidgeon-holed by youtube as "screamo"?

seriously, you ask anyone who's into pop music about what they think of rock and they'll say "it's just people screaming."

on a scale of 1-10, how high is your rage over this? im seriously at 11 right now, pushing 12 because the youtube generation is growing up thinking anything that's not processed bullshit like anything on Wild 94.9 or that isn't Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber is simply Emo/Screamo crap.

Off-topic: yeah, i know i have another thread here, but my rage at this was just provoked when i saw a video that said "Miley Cirus Screamo Version" or something like that and i listened to it and it was ACTUALLY GRINDCORE! THERE'S A HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE PEOPLE! IN TERMS OF SKILL REQUIRED AND STYLE! DON'T YOU EVER MIX GRINDCORE AND DEATH METAL UP WITH PUSSY BULLSHIT LIKE FALLOUT BOY OR MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE OR AFI!

/rant

legion431

Mar 14, 2010
Not raged at all. Just remember this is one of the only few intelligent places on the Internet, and we understand most things unlike most other people. Just let them be ignorant.

EDIT: Okay, not ignorant. Some people just don't understand music they're not familiar with. What's the point of getting angry about some people who don't understand your type of music as well as you do, just let them stick to theirs.

EDIT 2: Stop quoting this post.

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
I only listen to one actual screamo band, Thursday, but the term screamo is thrown around so incorrectly its mind boggling.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
No, I'm not upset at all by this. They have no idea what they're talking about, and that's fine. If they haven't figured it out by now, they never will.

What I get more enraged about are the metalheads who think that metal is the most difficult and demanding genre of music to play. It's not, and I'm tired of hearing it. Lots of shit is hard, not just metal. I hate it when they discount all other music because it's "for fags".

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
I used to rage about this so bad, but I seem to have blown a rage-fuse because of it. Now, whenever I hear someone with an uneducated opinion on rock/metal, I just silently judge them.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
You make me ashamed to like metal.

What makes me rage is "metal heads" such as yourself spouting nonsense about music and skill. If you actually wrote music you would know that skill doesn't have anything to do with writing good music.

yeah, gonna go listen to some music I enjoy. Not "real" music, just music that I personally enjoy.

Edit: It's kind of funny that you rage at them pigeon holing your favorite music but you are just as quick to pigeon hole theirs.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
No one but you is upset. FOB and MCR are real music so deal with it. There is no such thing like "true rockers" at all.

ClassicJokester

I Love You.
Apr 16, 2010
Snake Plissken said:
What I get more enraged about are the metalheads who think that metal is the most difficult and demanding genre of music to play. It's not, and I'm tired of hearing it. Lots of shit is hard, not just metal. I hate it when they discount all other music because it's "for fags".
Quote for truth.

Sometimes I like listening to simply arranged music.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
AugustFall said:
What makes me rage is "metal heads" such as yourself spouting nonsense about music and skill. If you actually wrote music you would know that skill doesn't have anything to do with writing good music.

yeah, gonna go listen to some music I enjoy. Not "real" music, just music that I personally enjoy.
DAMN STRAIGHT! Thank you!!

Hellz_Barz

May 16, 2009
kinda like how Keisha is always located in the urban section of CD stores, which is the section for Hip Hop. why the fuck is she in there?

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Actually, I get more annoyed when people assume the various flavors of hardcore punk, including screamo, are metal just because they involve distorted guitars and people screaming. It's mostly annoying to me because people hear some crappy screamo band or another and then write off metal because they don't like a form of punk rock that has all of two things in common with it.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Dude, chill, there into pop, it's bubble gum music (music played over and over again until it has no "flavor"), be the bigger person and walk away.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
On a scale of one to ten, one being completely apathetic - peaceful, even - and ten being so furious you are rapidly losing consciousness from all the popping blood vessels, you are possibly a twelve.
How are you still cognative enough to type this out.

Anyway, zero. I am less than apathetic. I am a black hole of insouciance.
Simply being around me makes you give significantly less shit about this subject. You begin to think that the misinformed people who label everything screamo are simply uninformed and quite possibly stupid. You walk away and enjoy your music, ignoring all its detractors as you should.

Seriously, people. How hard is it to just enjoy what you enjoy. Fuck everyone else, why the hell should you care?

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
The thing that I took away from this was that the kids of today don't know shit about good music.
Which I wholeheartedly agree with.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Oh bawl, I feel a sense of accomplishment because I listen to Iron Maiden. So my opinion on music is better, Im a true rocker and I don't realize how much of a moronic statement that is.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
You mad bro?

OT: I'm pretty apathetic with it. If they like pop, they like pop. Doesn't matter. And who the hell thinks the Who is a screamo band?