I hate youtube for this... (fellow metalheads/TRUE rockers, you know what im talking about)

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Zekksta said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Zekksta said:
Yeah, I have a few idiots who blast cannibal corpse at work everyday and rage when we turn it off.

I don't care if you like KCRC, Queen, Eminem or Lady Gaga.

If you're playing music at work that disturbs people, no matter what genre it is, turn it off and stop being a whiny ***** about it and grow up.

OT: The hypocrisy in the OP is just hilarious, but aside from that I agree it must be annoying to have something put in the wrong genre.
i never said i "blast" anything, and it only disturbs people when they are too wrapped up their own opinions to care, i dont get disturbed when they put on whatever music i dont happen to like.

if it hits the fan and im suddenly busy, then i completely ignore everything else, i cant say the same about MOST not all, people at work. but theres always at least one.
You realize someone who was too wrapped up in their own opinions to care.. wouldn't care about the music being played right?

When you're working in cubicles putting data into spreadsheets constantly looking back and forth from report to computer screen, trust me, no matter how amazing you are at ignoring your surroundings, hearing a stereo/cd player/computer speakers playing bullet for my valentine is extremely distracting especially if you hate it.

Music at work needs to be something EVERYONE can agree on, or nothing at all.

If your colleagues are turning off your Disturbed to put on 50 cent, then they are equally in the wrong.
first of all, i work in a restaurant, (the kitchen to be precise), and that is much more physical than sitting on your arse looking at computer screens all day long, so music would not distract you unless you clearly dont care about the work, and only about your own selfish desires, in which case you deserve to be annoyed in my opinion.

also saying that it needs to be something everyone can agree on is rather silly, because everyone is different, and nothing can be totally agreed on.

lastly, sorry about all quotes i couldnt be bothered to snip it. :)