I HAVE BECOME MY FATHER!!!

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
have a £150 umbrella
what the fuck, does that thing have a machine gun secretly hidden in it? why is it so damn expensive?
It's one of these, the whanghee one (GT9). Some of the ones on that page are 3-400 quid!

I got it because it looks good... has a lifetime warranty and goes very well with a 3 piece suit in pinstripe or tweed!

I have also never used it in the rain. It is for carrying only at the moment!

Feedmeketamine

Sep 29, 2013
Ryleh said:
Working a job where you have to ID people is a quick way to feel old. When you start asking people for ID and it turns out they're say, 23.

Either that or going to a bar on a Saturday night, wondering why everyone looks like high school kids, then getting told by the DJ that he can't play the song you requested because "old school stuff" drives people out of the establishment.
Oh god, i have to go on a rant now, i'm 21 and got IDd by some pimply kid who looked about 16 trying to buy beer. I dont have an id since my driving license was revoked for taking my car of a sweet jump, and i lost my passport in amsterdam. I ended up asking if HE had an ID and then called him a dickhead and left.

Ive got a fucking beard and a receding hairline, you can fake an ID, you cant fake that.

Anyway, thats exactly the sort of thing my dad would have done in my position, he's a sweary borderline evil bastard like me and we both MUST have booze.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
I could never become my father because:

1. He is idealistic to the point where everything just pisses him off nowadays.

2. I have a few mental illnesses which he simply doesn't have.

DkLnBr

Apr 2, 2009
Physically I already am my father, im practically a clone when you compare old pictures of him to me.

But I do find myself waving my fist at them youngins... bunch o' no good punks if you ask me...

When I read this title I first thought it was something like this: [link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_My_Own_Grandpa[/link]

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Feedmeketamine said:
Oh god, i have to go on a rant now, i'm 21 and got IDd by some pimply kid who looked about 16 trying to buy beer. I dont have an id since my driving license was revoked for taking my car of a sweet jump, and i lost my passport in amsterdam. I ended up asking if HE had an ID and then called him a dickhead and left.

Ive got a fucking beard and a receding hairline, you can fake an ID, you cant fake that.

Anyway, thats exactly the sort of thing my dad would have done in my position, he's a sweary borderline evil bastard like me and we both MUST have booze.
So...you demeaned and insulted the poor kid for simply following the rules, rules that are enforced by law and could cost him his job if he ignored them? Sorry dude, but you were the one acting like a dickhead in that situation, not him. It isn't his fault that those rules are in place, nor is it his fault that you lost your license.

Sep 14, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
have a £150 umbrella
what the fuck, does that thing have a machine gun secretly hidden in it? why is it so damn expensive?
It's one of these, the whanghee one (GT9). Some of the ones on that page are 3-400 quid!

I got it because it looks good... has a lifetime warranty and goes very well with a 3 piece suit in pinstripe or tweed!

I have also never used it in the rain. It is for carrying only at the moment!
holy hell....

i just got 5 umbrella's at work today for free (coincidence? I think not!), i can't imagine paying that much money for something like that. (those are nice for sure, but holy fuck is there 10000000 other things i'd rather spend that money on than an umbrella)

Feedmeketamine

Sep 29, 2013
TakerFoxx said:
Feedmeketamine said:

So...you demeaned and insulted the poor kid for simply following the rules, rules that are enforced by law and could cost him his job if he ignored them? Sorry dude, but you were the one acting like a dickhead in that situation, not him. It isn't his fault that those rules are in place, nor is it his fault that you lost your license.
Yeah well, usually the staff there don't ask for my ID and the way he did it was pretty condescending, like i say i wouldnt have minded if he actually looked old enough to be selling booze in the first place. Surely its worse having kids selling booze than buying it.

Just doing your job isnt an excuse when you cant get fired for selling age restricted products to someone well over the age required, i went and bought some tobacco afterwards without any problem, I got the impression he was used to getting kicked around by the bigger boys and was getting his revenge. And anyway not like i need validation from you, just a rant from an angry alcoholic, what you gonna do?

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Feedmeketamine said:
Yeah well, usually the staff there don't ask for my ID and the way he did it was pretty condescending, like i say i wouldnt have minded if he actually looked old enough to be selling booze in the first place. Surely its worse having kids selling booze than buying it.

Just doing your job isnt an excuse when you cant get fired for selling age restricted products to someone well over the age required, i went and bought some tobacco afterwards without any problem, I got the impression he was used to getting kicked around by the bigger boys and was getting his revenge. And anyway not like i need validation from you, just a rant from an angry alcoholic, what you gonna do?
Me? Nothing. I'm just pointing out that insulting him for doing his job was a real dick mood. If you have a problem with the kid's age (which, I should point out, you didn't know, as there are plenty of people who look older or younger than they actually are), take it up with the manager. But yelling at the kid and calling him names doesn't make you look too good.

Feedmeketamine

Sep 29, 2013
TakerFoxx said:
Feedmeketamine said:

Me? Nothing. I'm just pointing out that insulting him for doing his job was a real dick mood. If you have a problem with the kid's age (which, I should point out, you didn't know, as there are plenty of people who look older or younger than they actually are), take it up with the manager. But yelling at the kid and calling him names doesn't make you look too good.
Well, as the thread title says "thats just what my father would have done, were both sweary borderline evil bastards who MUST have booze" so it was at least relevant.

Ryleh

Jul 21, 2013
Feedmeketamine said:
TakerFoxx said:
Feedmeketamine said:

Yeah, this kind of thing can be really frustrating when people are REALLY obviously of age and the cashier is just being a twit. It's understandable when I get IDed because I look like a goblin and I just take it as a compliment. But sometimes when my partner and I are doing our weekly grocery shop they won't ID me, then they will turn to him (he's 30 with a beard and a receding hairline)ask him for ID, then complain that his 18+ card is too worn out and that he looks different. No sh*t, it's 12 years old.