I have reached a conclusion.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
SantonioH10 said:
Ultrajoe said:
SantonioH10 said:
I haven't even been on this forum for 24 hours but I'm pretty sure I know how it works. As you can tell, a moderator already admitted that he mistakenly locked the topic.
Actually, this is a pretty stupid topic. Versus threads tend to get locked universally, as mentioned by some users here in the thread, but this one actually has people talking and interacting, so it's tolerable. The Moderators aren't the Fun-Police.

Well, except Nilcypher.

Nilcypher
The only reason this is a stupid topic is because you're in it.

Oh sick burn
Dude... you dont get to claim a sick burn for your own comment that you just made... thats just weak. Also, he isnt the first person to say it and also he is quite popular among The Escapists... probably not a good idea for a n00b to start nipping the heels of Gods. /dramatic!

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
How about an elephant can ur bear beat that... or a hippo I don't think so...

SantonioH10

Sep 15, 2009
I'm being sarcastic calling an obvious lame joke a 'sick burn'. It's just playful banter, I'm not really some cocky douche who thinks he delivered the knockout blow to an obviously inferior human being.

...well, wait. That's exactly what I did. Moderators ain't got nothin' on me. I'm the giant slayer!

SantonioH10

Sep 15, 2009
Sacman said:
How about an elephant can ur bear beat that... or a hippo I don't think so...
It can beat both. Read through the topic to find my analysis on the exploitable weaknesses of both animals.

wikicated

Jun 7, 2009
hmm can it be multiple animals cause then i vote an army of well army ants!

swarm tactics wooot

SantonioH10

Sep 15, 2009
wikicated said:
hmm can it be multiple animals cause then i vote an army of well army ants!

swarm tactics wooot
Absolutely not. One-on-one has been stated numerous times throughout this topic.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
SantonioH10 said:
The elephant can take the bear on land, but once the bear runs into the water (bears are deceptively fast), the fight will probably over because the elephant will have to spend its energy trying to stay afloat rather than fighting.
Except elephants are excellent swimmers almost from birth. They spend so much time in the water because the buoyancy aids them in moving their bulk, plus they simply enjoy that shit.

SantonioH10

Sep 15, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
SantonioH10 said:
The elephant can take the bear on land, but once the bear runs into the water (bears are deceptively fast), the fight will probably over because the elephant will have to spend its energy trying to stay afloat rather than fighting.
Except elephants are excellent swimmers almost from birth. They spend so much time in the water because the buoyancy aids them in moving their bulk, plus they simply enjoy that shit.
True, but as previously stated, the polar bear's best chance of victory will come from on shore.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Wrong anything recognizing the bear as dangerous will win. As it will run from it and being a Polar bear it will overheat and die.

Dirty Saint

Jul 3, 2009
I'll see your polar bear and raise you a kodiak bear.
Or maybe a great white shark.
Wait, screw that. I choose the giant squid. I win, bitches!

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
SantonioH10 said:
The only reason this is a stupid topic is because you're in it.

Oh sick burn
First, put your image in a spoiler. Second, Nuh-uh.

And to venture another point, I think that a Grizzly would beat the Polar Bear. Both are able swimmers, but the grizzly is simply more agile and powerful. The polar bear sacrifices pure killing power for survivability in the environment, but on an even playing field the tree-eating, mountain-kicking, god-slaying Grizzly Bear would take the polar one hands down.
I would like to put forward, shall we say, an upgrade on your standard grizzly, the Kodiak Bear, its larger cousin, which actually equals the polar in size and shares its title as largest land predator. Given, I would say, the same size, strength, and fighting skill, the battle would be determined by home court advantage. Polar bears overheat easy in what most of us would consider cool weather, about 50 degrees F. On the other hand, they are excellent on ice and such adept swimmers that scientists have argued that they should be classified as aquatic mammals. They can even close their nostrils underwater, like seals do. Given the likelihood of the fight ending up in the near-freezing water of the arctic ocean at some point, polar bears take the day.

I, however, am inclined to think the insect world could take the day, given the chance, if only by the insidious means of the parasite. It's lucky for polar bears there is no such thing as a Bot Fly [http://www.cracked.com/article_15816_5-most-horrifying-bugs-in-world.html] for bears, because they sneak eggs into your system and then eat you from the inside when they hatch. But in a battle (of sorts) between a polar bear and the trichinella worm [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichinella_spiralis] (which they contract from infected seals) the worm rarely comes out the loser.