I haven't been here for over a year. What's changed that I need to know about?

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Boudica said:
Bring those sandy condoms and knives this way, cowboy.
Bou, I like you, but sometimes you really worry me :p

Boudica said:
OT: Why aren't more people mentioning me joining the site? It's obviously the best thing to ever happen. In anything.
Because we know it won't take long before you appear in a thread and announce it yourself. You're all over these forums like a bad rash!

Rikomag132

Dec 26, 2011
Vault101 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Oh stop being so paranoid.

Besides, what do you have against Nathan Fillion?

I wouldn't mind being his slave. :D

keep it PG will you!?

jeez...you've been reading 50 shades of grey haven't you?!
I was going to side with the Brovengers but then you used David Tennant. You win.

EDIT: WHY THE FUCK IS MY AVATAR JUSTIN BIEBER?!

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Well, this site's had more going on in it over the past year than the real world!

It's about a year now since I re-activated after drifting away for a few years. I needed new batteries, you see.

Just for your return, I baked you a pie.

On topic:
- did this thread start off-topic or something?

Arc101, is this a devious master-plan of yours to create an elaborate background story so you could start a thread off-topic, thereby testing the mettle of this forum's abilities to drag it back on track?

I see that Vault and Daystar led the charge in this awesomely thought-out test. Well done to all!

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
SonicWaffle said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
SonicWaffle said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Dude you wanna be in the Brovengers?
What is it these "brovengers" do? What are you "brovenging"?

I seem to recall a thread about this a year or so back, and paying fuck all attention :p
In short, we goof around, act silly, have fun and post Nathan Fillion gifs. We have, in fact, archived all Fillion gifs we come across, should the need to use them arise.
Hmm. Well, other than the gifs, that sounds pretty cool.

GeneralTwinkle said:
We act as the anti-anti fun brigade.
I'm assuming you never go near the R&P section then...
We do sometimes, in vain attempts to try and lighten it up.
It never goes well...

SonicWaffle said:

How dare you say such a thing!

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
-Snip-
You can trust me!

Does that look like an untrustworthy face to you?
Well, I guess that dog is kind of cute...
But I still prefer cats. They never attacked me for no reason.
And it has stopped raining, so I can't walk the dog now >.>

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Boudica said:
SonicWaffle said:
Boudica said:

Boudica said:
OT: Why aren't more people mentioning me joining the site? It's obviously the best thing to ever happen. In anything.
Because we know it won't take long before you appear in a thread and announce it yourself. You're all over these forums like a bad rash!
Replace bad with fucking awesome and rash with best person ever and I totally agree.
For all that you talk about sex all the time, you're gaining a pretty enormous post count in a very short time. I'm surprised you actually have time for any shagging what with posting in every topic ;-)

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
GeneralTwinkle said:
It never goes well...
Yeah, I can't imagine how Firefly gifs help when the discussion is about voting rights or how Islam is evil.

GeneralTwinkle said:
SonicWaffle said:

I find they seem to be all-too-often an easy get-out of actually thinking and posting something with discussion value. A lot of the time people post them and then don't bother to explain any of what they think on the topic. Given that I like coming here to chat to people, it's annoying. You can't really respond to a gif.

Dec 14, 2009
Katherine Kerensky said:
Daystar Clarion said:
-Snip-
You can trust me!

Does that look like an untrustworthy face to you?
Well, I guess that dog is kind of cute...
But I still prefer cats. They never attacked me for no reason.
And it has stopped raining, so I can't walk the dog now >.>
Maybe it saw a fly on you, and it was all like 'Watch out Greyfox! I'll save you!', but was a bit too enthusiastic...

Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Also, my dog loves being walked in the rain :D

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
SonicWaffle said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
It never goes well...
Yeah, I can't imagine how Firefly gifs help when the discussion is about voting rights or how Islam is evil.

GeneralTwinkle said:
SonicWaffle said:

I find they seem to be all-too-often an easy get-out of actually thinking and posting something with discussion value. A lot of the time people post them and then don't bother to explain any of what they think on the topic. Given that I like coming here to chat to people, it's annoying. You can't really respond to a gif.
Yeah you can respond to a gif, you just did! :D
Whenever I try and post a gif, unless it's people posting gifs at each other, I try and at least have some kind of words people can respond too, as do most of the brovengers (I think >.>). We never post a gif alone or with words that can't at least be discussed. Unless the thread has been totally derailed and it doesn't matter either way.

We also usually don't post gifs unless it's actually relevant to what we're saying. No point or comedic value in an unrelated gif.

Also, if you come here to chat to people, the brovengers has a pretty awesome chat room.
Just sayin'.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
-Snip-
Maybe it saw a fly on you, and it was all like 'Watch out Greyfox! I'll save you!', but was a bit too enthusiastic...

Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Also, my dog loves being walked in the rain :D
Possible, but I doubt it. I got along well with that dog before, but one day, it decided to be evil...
I can't trust dogs anymore. But I get along really well with cats.
My step-mum's dog hates being walked in the rain, but it is the only time I'll consider walking him, since it isn't my chore anymore.
I guess I can get lunch instead.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Shadowstar38 said:
Despite the...odd introduction, Daystar is a regular here on the foruns. And he always has something useful to say. I can say the same about Matt94.

Anyway, here's some general stuff.

1)People love Jim sterling now (Dont ask me how that happened)

2)When a controversial topic comes up, there will be dozens of threads on for weeks until the subject is run into the ground.

3) Trolls can not be defeated.

4)Get use to the layout of the site being changed to something worse and no one doing anything about it.

5) Most importantly, do not EVER talk about, or make threads about ponies. You will be flamed on site.
1: I agree, how can anyone find someone talking down to them and telling them what they want entertaining is beyond me.

2: This has been seen along with the fact if something big happens [Aurora Movie Theater Shooting] there will be several topics, not about the incident but about kneejerk reactions think would work.

3: This has been a fact for longer then half a year, I say.

4: I still hate the fact that the forum is no longer on the side where you can easily see it. Now its in the middle and isn't nearly as big. Just annoying that but in general its no worse then the last one.

5: I thought this was the general consensus after people wouldn't stop shoving it down my throat for year when you learned that you are suddenly not special for liking a childrens cartoon show.

[small]No body every mentions mmee ;_____;[/small] Shadow usually has very good points when it comes to these type of questions so I would listen to him and other posters here to because we got it goin on.

The Artificially Prolonged said:
EA is still hated, we have a show about janitors in space, threads on gender politics plague the land and the Fillion gif reins supreme. Also we're still working on that brony infestation :p
Hey its better then it was, now you can walk five threads without tripping on seven different brony memes and brony avatars.

Some notable changes is this site layout, several rage posters got banned for being mega trolls that administration needed to clear out. Extra Credits and the Escapist had a falling out [you probably saw that before you left] and we have a new shitty Space Janitor show. Also we have Jim Sterling, the most unlikable prick out of the gates of hell that people somehow like now?

EDIT: Found three bronies or MLP fans on pages 2 and 3, but it is still better then it was, I promise.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
If you need to derail a thread you must use either Spiperman, My Little Pony, or a combination of them both. Also any topic about My Little Pony will be derailed by spiderman in 10 posts or less.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Eeeh, the most notable thing was probably when extra credits left, I guess?
And if you go to religion and politics, you'll probably notice that a guy named Danyal posts half the threads in there.

Other than that, people seem to be trying to recreate the whole PRIATE vs [whatever that other group was called] thing.
People are also trying to make a forum celeb out of Daystar Clarion.
I tried to convince a new member to send Daystar a picture of a dick (long story). Never seen that member since.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
I joined.... And my only real friend here is a dutch drunk bisexual hippy who is always high.......
Why does nobody like me ;-;

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Boudica said:
SonicWaffle said:
Boudica said:
SonicWaffle said:
Boudica said:

Boudica said:
Replace bad with fucking awesome and rash with best person ever and I totally agree.
For all that you talk about sex all the time, you're gaining a pretty enormous post count in a very short time. I'm surprised you actually have time for any shagging what with posting in every topic ;-)
I'm single. I currently have no life ;-;
It's possible to have a life while single! I play video games, go for long walks, read books and oh god I'm so lonely somebody save meeeeeeee!

....ahem

Like I said. Totally possible!