I Hit It With My Axe: Episode 14: Bacon, Balloons and Beetles

Zak Sabbath

Porn Actor, Dungeon Master
Mar 16, 2010
170
0
0
Episode 14: Bacon, Balloons and Beetles

The party tries to get back home--and get help from a hog.

Watch Video
 

AnotherFineMess

New member
Jan 12, 2009
143
0
0
There's one thing I really hate about this show, and that's being too short. :(
On another topic, Zak's an awesome DM.
Keep up the good work!
 

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
3,682
0
0
Hahaha, a short one, but awesome nonetheless. I love Zak's weird and outlandish ideas, like pig balloons. And the goblin on balloon patrol complaining about his job was great as well.

And now, the long wait until next wednesday... :(
 

fleischwolke

New member
Feb 8, 2010
141
0
0
That was one awesome episode! I especially like the surreal tone of the adventure - I am officially stealing the flying pigs for my next D&D one-shot.
 

la_cockroach

New member
Nov 18, 2009
5
0
0
The illustrations and clearer shot of what's happening on the table, really help make it, well, clearer as to what's going (though I'm not sure how much the latter has to do with the use of terrain models, and it would be odd if you had terrain for ever situation)

The credits showing who's who are a great addition too, but if someone's this late into the game and figured it out themselves yet, maybe they should listen to the game, instead of just 'watching' but then again if they were just 'watching', I doubt they'd care who's who.

I laughed when Zak did the Beetle voice ( coming from the UK I can say it's pretty damn authentic) great that it showed that he does have vocal range, after voicing almost nothing but goblins so far.
 

deadguynotyetburied

New member
Jun 3, 2010
322
0
0
One of the friends I used to play with had two characters. If he'd been playing his archer, you were fine. But if he'd been playing his swordsman, you would have needed to glue his hands to a tree or something. Every time his archer drew his sword he ended up sticking it in his own leg. If his swordsman had strung a bow trying to shoot that goblin in the basket it would've instantly turned into a Bow of Pigsticking +20.
 

etherlance

New member
Apr 1, 2009
762
0
0
I have to say that beetles impression was pretty damn good
and im english so thats saying something.....it is saying something.....right?
 

helldragon09

New member
Dec 21, 2009
2
0
0
I love this series more and more after every episode. Aside from the awesome fact that you all are just genuine nerds, it's just great to see how the D&Ding progress. I never actually realized how much fun watching people play d&d could be. Props for Zak for the great dming and the voices (the beetles voice had me cracking up). And both frankie and zak are weird for dippin bacon/donuts into coffee/soda XD
 

AllLagNoFrag

New member
Jun 7, 2010
544
0
0
Awwwww... that was short
I have not gotten sick of that awesome goblin voice from Zak yet. And that beetle voice just caught me off guard. :)
 

InvisibleMilk

New member
Nov 19, 2008
1,103
0
0
Frankie, He IS the DM you know:p Everyone's fate lies within his hands.
And at that Zak's doing a damn great job of it.
 

Mr Smith

New member
Apr 22, 2010
98
0
0
This show is starting to make me wish I was part of a similarly awesome roleplaying group.

For now I have to make do with my Warhammer 40000 obsession.
 

Lohi

New member
Sep 29, 2009
7
0
0
Great episode, and a very nice slow-paced one compared to the past action-packed episodes. Really showcasing the humor and enthusiasm of the entire cast here, love it!
 

Zak Sabbath

Porn Actor, Dungeon Master
Mar 16, 2010
170
0
0
Mr Smith said:
This show is starting to make me wish I was part of a similarly awesome roleplaying group.

For now I have to make do with my Warhammer 40000 obsession.
We play 40k, too--
http://dndwithpornstars.blogspot.com/2009/10/wargames-for-anarchists.html
 

la_cockroach

New member
Nov 18, 2009
5
0
0
Zak Sabbath said:
We play 40k, too--
http://dndwithpornstars.blogspot.com/2009/10/wargames-for-anarchists.html
What army/armies do you play? (at least base the rules on?)

/ex-space marine
//the game's just too expensive for me right now
 

Gildan Bladeborn

New member
Aug 11, 2009
3,044
0
0
Pig balloons are an inherently amusing concept, and unlikely to phase through the walls, attempt to consume your soul, get you thrown into prison and almost executed on charges of molesting pigs, lure you into the horrible room of vomiting horribly wherein you vomit (horribly), insert themselves into your dreams only to then turn into frogs and disappear (in real life, not the dream), or any of the other things pigs have done to my adventuring party in this campaign alone.

I'm honestly beginning to wonder if we pissed off the god of pigs or something, they seem to have it in for us.
 

Chipperz

New member
Apr 27, 2009
2,594
0
0
Mr Smith said:
This show is starting to make me wish I was part of a similarly awesome roleplaying group.

For now I have to make do with my Warhammer 40000 obsession.
If you wanna roleplay and have a load of 40k playing mates, have you tried Inquisitor? The rules are free from the Games Workshop website, and make for brilliantly cinematic games. :)

Zak Sabbath said:
Mr Smith said:
This show is starting to make me wish I was part of a similarly awesome roleplaying group.

For now I have to make do with my Warhammer 40000 obsession.
We play 40k, too--
http://dndwithpornstars.blogspot.com/2009/10/wargames-for-anarchists.html
...Dammit! I have work to do and now I'm gonna read that entire damn blog, I just know it... On the current entry (how I play 40k with my girlfriend), have you tried the Vor : The Maelstrom rules for quick stat generation? I know it might be a bit more 'formalised' than the "the T-Rex needs a three or more to kill the Wood Elf riding a giant cyberwolf" vibe I'm getting from your current rules, it's still pretty simple and can do pretty much anything. Plus, while it's out of print, the whole rulebook contains a glorious mecca for wargamer/RPer nerds if you can get a copy...

Also, love the show, the beetle was awesome etc etc :)
 

LunarTick

New member
Mar 1, 2010
92
0
0
I think this one was the best one yet. A nice intro for those recurring questions (as I am terrible with putting heads to names, that was appreciated also). Absolutely hilarious goblin ballonneer voice, weird freak out moment at 3:17 (the head, it haunts me), thankful beatles. And awesome tattoo on your hand, Zak.
 

trooper6

New member
Jul 26, 2008
873
0
0
Great episode...and seriously? Zak is a font of really interesting ideas...and I love the thoughtfulness of the players.
 

TheEpic_1

Mmmm.. Zephyr Biscut
Jan 8, 2010
37
0
0
i dont know if you guys got a new camera man or its the new locale but this episode was so much easier to watch.

also mandy actually has an incredibly sexy voice as the narrator.
 

Kragg

New member
Mar 30, 2010
730
0
0
la_cockroach said:
I laughed when Zak did the Beetle voice ( coming from the UK I can say it's pretty damn authentic) great that it showed that he does have vocal range, after voicing almost nothing but goblins so far.
i laughed so hard, i actually didn't "get it" till he did the voice, shame on me
 

Noumenon

New member
Jun 6, 2010
34
0
0
Did the DM just overtrump himself by putting a pig balloon right after the talking beetles, or did he purposely build multiple interesting ways to escape the goblin lands to give the players a choice? Either way, that idea is being stolen by me.

I didn't even notice there was a new location -- do you move around a lot? My group always plays at the one guy's house who has the chest of minis and the computer screen next to the gaming table.

I liked how the goblin mini rocked back and forth in his imaginary balloon basket.
 

Meander112

Spiritual Scientific Skeptic
Jan 26, 2010
90
0
0
Another awesome episode of Axe. I love the goblin bitching about his job.

Also, weird food & awesome t-shirts are part-and-parcel of any good gaming group.
 

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
644
0
0
Great stuff! Pig balloons, the return of Zak's awesome goblin voice, the beetles voice was fantastic also, I got a bit spoiled with the 9-10 minute episodes but this one was way smooth. Just out of curiosity why the change in location? Not a compliment or complaint just a true neutral question ;)
 

MortisLegio

New member
Nov 5, 2008
1,258
0
0
"This is wonderful. Best goblin I've had all day."
I love the Beatle-Bettles and if you excuse me I have to make a pig balloon.
 

Cosplay Horatio

New member
May 19, 2009
1,145
0
0
I can't believe I forgot that the stolen beatles were given names of The Beatles. I laughed so much during the beatles end scene with Zak's voice impersonation and saying through the beatles that it was awesome to eat goblin flesh. The best roll was when the Pig Ballon got captured cuz hey, FREE PIG BALLOON right?
 

Kojiro ftt

New member
Apr 1, 2009
425
0
0
Another fun episode. Zak is a fun DM. And She-Ra: pure win. But I agree with others that the episodes are two short and abridged.
 

Bakfiets

New member
Feb 18, 2009
23
0
0
Bacon flavored coffee WTF....you Americans have bacon issues.

nice touch on the pig balloons I just kept wondering how the hell you keep the air from going out suffice to say my mind didn't paint me a very pleasant picture :s
 

Stryc9

New member
Nov 12, 2008
1,294
0
0
I'm curious to know how the pig balloons are kept afloat, I'm pretty sure they didn't have access to helium back then like we do now and hot air balloons were still a ways off as well.

Unfortunately short episode this week, can't wait for the next one though, keep up the good work.
 

Khomatose

New member
Jan 31, 2009
48
0
0
Zak's Beatles impression is the best thing I've heard in a very long time! <3

And it looked like that yummie crispie bacon. I want.

I'm so taking up D&D because of this show!
 

skibadaa

New member
Jun 13, 2009
73
0
0
With regards to the much celebrated pig balloons, i wonder if Zak has ever seen Invader Zim, in particular the episode entitled "invasion of the saucer morons". If he hasnt he should, and if he has its an awesome reference. Also as a british man i can also agree that his Liverpudlian rendition for the beetles was spot on *doffs cap* :)
 

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
854
0
0
skibadaa said:
With regards to the much celebrated pig balloons, i wonder if Zak has ever seen Invader Zim, in particular the episode entitled "invasion of the saucer morons". If he hasnt he should, and if he has its an awesome reference. Also as a british man i can also agree that his Liverpudlian rendition for the beetles was spot on *doffs cap* :)
I was just about to ask that. It was all I could think of while I was watching the episode (click for video):

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZRY-qpcjhs#t=3m45s]
 

Mordicai Caeli

New member
May 1, 2010
41
0
0
Kross said:
skibadaa said:
With regards to the much celebrated pig balloons, i wonder if Zak has ever seen Invader Zim, in particular the episode entitled "invasion of the saucer morons". If he hasnt he should, and if he has its an awesome reference. Also as a british man i can also agree that his Liverpudlian rendition for the beetles was spot on *doffs cap* :)
I was just about to ask that. It was all I could think of while I was watching the episode (click for video):

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZRY-qpcjhs#t=3m45s]
Yeah, I saw the drawing & I was like "Its a Government Pig!"
 

Mordicai Caeli

New member
May 1, 2010
41
0
0
TheEpic_1 said:
...also mandy actually has an incredibly sexy voice as the narrator.
The group was in top form all around; the "background" title card is a quick & easy "faq" & Mandy was an awesome narrator; also everyone seemed very freshly lip glossed, bright eyed, & bushytailed!
 

Shagz

New member
Nov 18, 2009
2
0
0
Great episode, it's fantastic to see that the series is improving on several levels. Can't wait for next week.
 

fnartilter

New member
Apr 13, 2010
144
0
0
d23 said:
dammit... now i need some bacon
Was eating bacon fried with cabbage when I put on the episode. Sooo good!
Though bacon with amaretto and coffee, I have to try that now.

Excellent stuff, and the Beatles voice was hilarious. Reminded me of the movie Yellow Submarine (I think it was? Really wacky cartoon. In hindsight it would have been better to watch while on some sort of substance.)
 

Low Key

New member
May 7, 2009
2,503
0
0
Who the hell dips a doughnut in soda? That sounds terrible. At least coffee and bacon can both be considered breakfast items and kind of go together.
 
Jun 16, 2010
1,153
0
0
tkaStryc9 said:
I'm curious to know how the pig balloons are kept afloat, I'm pretty sure they didn't have access to helium back then like we do now and hot air balloons were still a ways off as well.
Back in the age of goblins and giant beetles...?
 

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
2,372
0
0
James Joseph Emerald said:
tkaStryc9 said:
I'm curious to know how the pig balloons are kept afloat, I'm pretty sure they didn't have access to helium back then like we do now and hot air balloons were still a ways off as well.
Back in the age of goblins and giant beetles...?
Yeh, I didn't know there was a "back then" either. Though I'm sure goblins were at least still around during the industrial revolution....
 

Stryc9

New member
Nov 12, 2008
1,294
0
0
James Joseph Emerald said:
tkaStryc9 said:
I'm curious to know how the pig balloons are kept afloat, I'm pretty sure they didn't have access to helium back then like we do now and hot air balloons were still a ways off as well.
Back in the age of goblins and giant beetles...?
Right, just playing off the bit earlier in series when Connie tried to blow something up with "TNT" and had been told that TNT hadn't been invented yet. And in the drawings it looked like the pig balloons had been inflated with something, I just want to know how they're staying in the air.
 
Jun 16, 2010
1,153
0
0
tkaStryc9 said:
...it looked like the pig balloons had been inflated with something, I just want to know how they're staying in the air.
Pff. Next you'll be saying "hey, they didn't have tampons back then, so if one of the characters goes on the rag, their pursuers should get a bonus to tracking skills."

THAT'S JUST SICK! YOU SICKEN ME!
 

bleh002

New member
Jan 8, 2010
136
0
0
tkaStryc9 said:
Right, just playing off the bit earlier in series when Connie tried to blow something up with "TNT" and had been told that TNT hadn't been invented yet. And in the drawings it looked like the pig balloons had been inflated with something, I just want to know how they're staying in the air.
Wizard did it!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I really enjoyed this episode, but I wish it had been longer. I like the new opening, and love the pig balloons.
 

mandymorbid

Blindheim!
Mar 17, 2010
73
0
0
TheEpic_1 said:
i dont know if you guys got a new camera man or its the new locale but this episode was so much easier to watch.

also mandy actually has an incredibly sexy voice as the narrator.
I've never heard my voice was sexy before--to me it's annoying and loud.
Same location by the way. Just with sunlight.
 

mandymorbid

Blindheim!
Mar 17, 2010
73
0
0
Bakfiets said:
Bacon flavored coffee WTF....you Americans have bacon issues.

nice touch on the pig balloons I just kept wondering how the hell you keep the air from going out suffice to say my mind didn't paint me a very pleasant picture :s
Bacon issues are not limited to Americans. Connie and I are both Canadian (and she's the one who brought the bacon.)
 
Jun 16, 2010
1,153
0
0
bleh002 said:
Wizard did it!
Was going to say that, but I decided to go for something more... subtle...

Satine Phoenix said:
Oh man.. I can't wait for next weeks episode!!!
Speaking of which, how far into the future are you? (Heh, I phrased that very oddly)
Like, I keep thinking of the videos as showing what's happening in the present, but I imagine they were filmed a while ago. So you probably barely remember the stuff that we're watching, which explains why ya'll seem to get a kick out of re-watching it all. Right?


(Blegh, what am I saying? 5am not good time for to make communications well...)
 

Mr Smith

New member
Apr 22, 2010
98
0
0
Zak Sabbath said:
Mr Smith said:
This show is starting to make me wish I was part of a similarly awesome roleplaying group.

For now I have to make do with my Warhammer 40000 obsession.
We play 40k, too--
http://dndwithpornstars.blogspot.com/2009/10/wargames-for-anarchists.html
That's an interesting system you've come up with. I should try that out sometime.

It reminds me of another I'd heard of where they'd modified all the weapon profiles to more accurately represent their actual rate-of-fire and the like. I believe it made for a rather short game...

Chipperz said:
Mr Smith said:
This show is starting to make me wish I was part of a similarly awesome roleplaying group.

For now I have to make do with my Warhammer 40000 obsession.
If you wanna roleplay and have a load of 40k playing mates, have you tried Inquisitor? The rules are free from the Games Workshop website, and make for brilliantly cinematic games. :)
A few years ago I was actually seriously considering Inquisitor, and I probably still would if I: a) knew anyone else who played that system; or b) Games Workshop hadn't axed half the range. Though I'm aware there's also a more traditional Inquisitor/Rogue Trader RPG that's been out for a couple of years now.

I was once part of a Firefly Roleplaying group which I went to with a couple of my (female) friends. I ended up leaving due to study/work commitments and the fact that the Game Master was rather creepy, which drove my friends off.
 

Connieparts

King Princess
May 20, 2010
36
0
0
James Joseph Emerald said:
Pff. Next you'll be saying "hey, they didn't have tampons back then, so if one of the characters goes on the rag, their pursuers should get a bonus to tracking skills."
Actually, that's not a bad point! Zak?
 

Daselthechaz

New member
Jun 16, 2010
65
0
0
Seriously, "bacon is good for you" is about as beautiful and stimulating a line for me and my old lady as "do it to me hard enough to wake the room mates." We think y'all are awesome and you should feel awesome.

Also, I want a Frankie of my very own to carry around just so that if I have some decision I'm a little iffy on I can pull her out and go "hey, does this smell funny to you?" Her succinct wisdom and 4% pissed response to everything amuse us to no end.
 

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
1,040
0
0
The "beetles" impression and the Goblins' voice cracked me up. :D

Also, now I'm really tempted to try bacon in Coffee.
...
Though I'm not too sure about trying donuts dunked in soda. :S
 

spennytoon

New member
May 13, 2010
9
0
0
Lots of fun watching you guys. So cute.
I love Zak's voices, esp. the Beetles. :)

Please do longer episodes! This is too good to be so short.
 

FearlessFelix

New member
Jun 10, 2010
16
0
0
Kind of a vaguely horrible question but, ah, Connie: Is there a larger resolution pic of your avatar? I don't know if my brains playing polk a dot games, but next to you/beneath you ... Is that a bench, another somebody's leg, or some weird photoshop thing? I've been staring at it now for about 5 or 10 minutes, and I don't have a clue.

Edit: Oh, and uh, yeah about the episode.

Good episode, noticed the look change like everyone else. On the, 'when last we left our intrepid adventurer's,' bit, please kill it :( Maybe once every (season / 12 - 13 episodes) it's fine, but elsewise (is there a way to turn off the forums auto sp. chk?) I'd rather just have some short blurb in the link to the video. 6 1/2 minutes (tech 5 1/2 as it feels like 1 min goes to the credits) is just not enough for my voyeuring into the life of DnD with pornstars and (a) stripper.

Looking forward to seeing where the story goes, and maybe finding out what some of the gms influences have been for running / writing the adventure.

The could possibly be on the blog thingy, so, I uh, guess I'll be back.
 

FearlessFelix

New member
Jun 10, 2010
16
0
0
And I'm a little more on top of things than I was. I still have no freaking clue on Connie's picture though. Dammit.
 

Chipperz

New member
Apr 27, 2009
2,594
0
0
Mr Smith said:
Chipperz said:
Mr Smith said:
This show is starting to make me wish I was part of a similarly awesome roleplaying group.

For now I have to make do with my Warhammer 40000 obsession.
If you wanna roleplay and have a load of 40k playing mates, have you tried Inquisitor? The rules are free from the Games Workshop website, and make for brilliantly cinematic games. :)
A few years ago I was actually seriously considering Inquisitor, and I probably still would if I: a) knew anyone else who played that system; or b) Games Workshop hadn't axed half the range. Though I'm aware there's also a more traditional Inquisitor/Rogue Trader RPG that's been out for a couple of years now.

I was once part of a Firefly Roleplaying group which I went to with a couple of my (female) friends. I ended up leaving due to study/work commitments and the fact that the Game Master was rather creepy, which drove my friends off.
Heh, the lack of range isn't a massive issue - I'm currently running a 40k scale version with measurments in centimetres not inches. It works really well, and takes up no space at all - the average combat takes place in a 2ftX2ft area. If your mates have 40k armies already, it's just a case of browbeating them into writing stats and trying it out. If you're feeling adventurous/badass, getting a few packs of Necromunda/Mordheim models as the basis for a team somehow means that their duelling pistols/stubbers will routinely bring down anything your group's power gamers come up with.

The more traditional RPGs are damn good, but require a lot of preparation on the part of the GM. It's my experience that unless you're lucky enough to get a group that's happy with 'bolter go boom, man fall down', your campaign has to be airtight or your players WILL pick it apart, and I say that as someone who has played and run...

Back on topic, I JUST got the Beetles/Beatles joke. Now I feel slow...
 

FearlessFelix

New member
Jun 10, 2010
16
0
0
James Joseph Emerald said:
Pff. Next you'll be saying "hey, they didn't have tampons back then, so if one of the characters goes on the rag, their pursuers should get a bonus to tracking skills."
Citing Precedence: Pitch Black
Random Quote: Cole Hauser as Johns: "...why don't you butch up, stuff a cork in this fucking kid, and let's go."
 

spookydom

New member
Aug 31, 2009
309
0
0
Hey, first ever post here. Don't know why I have left it this late. Just wanted to say I really am enjoying this show a lot. It's been really good to see how much it has come along since the first few episodes. Also I think Satine is a total fox, so much so I decided one night to check out some of her other work. (cof cof....what?...I can if I wan't!...stop judging me!) I got really embarressed. After 14 episodes it's a bit like you know everybody personaly. Like watching your freinds in a porno. (Not saying thats a bad thing but a lot of my mates have personal hygene issues or are very hairy in the wrong places and at no point should consider a career in the adult film industry to be a valid choice.) Also Zak's Beetle voice made me spit my morning bacon coffee all over my moniter. Comedy genius right there. Personaly I think all this crap from people poo pooing the bacon cofee is just really the talk of uninformed philistines. If bacon coffee was good enough for my Gran it's good enough for the rest of you. If you don't like it you don't like bacon enough.
 

BastyNastard

New member
Mar 3, 2010
17
0
0
Coffee is urgh (zombie groaning noise) - Tea is where its at! (Coffee makes me feel ill so I'm a little biased) will get back to you on the whole tea & bacon thing however!

But back on topic another one notched up for all to see as always good job girls & boys found this one a little short though but thats my only critique.

Here I am wondering what has got Satine looking forward to the next episode... I have my theories but I will look forward to it regardless!

BastyNastard - Killing with knives in games since someone had the decency to give you the option.
 

Gildan Bladeborn

New member
Aug 11, 2009
3,044
0
0
Mr Smith said:
Though I'm aware there's also a more traditional Inquisitor/Rogue Trader RPG that's been out for a couple of years now.
Actually the Rogue Trader RPG only just came out a short while ago, Dark Heresy is the bit which has been around for a couple years. Of course they're technically compatible systems so you could justifiably lump them together if you like, just like you could with the upcoming Deathwatch RPG (glee!).

I don't even play those games and yet I own all thse books anyways (lore junkie coupled with most of the books featuring cover illustrations by Clint Langley = hell yes), from what I gather the quality level makes the first party GW publications look terrible in comparison.
 

Mr Smith

New member
Apr 22, 2010
98
0
0
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Mr Smith said:
Though I'm aware there's also a more traditional Inquisitor/Rogue Trader RPG that's been out for a couple of years now.
Actually the Rogue Trader RPG only just came out a short while ago, Dark Heresy is the bit which has been around for a couple years. Of course they're technically compatible systems so you could justifiably lump them together if you like, just like you could with the upcoming Deathwatch RPG (glee!).

I don't even play those games and yet I own all thse books anyways (lore junkie coupled with most of the books featuring cover illustrations by Clint Langley = hell yes), from what I gather the quality level makes the first party GW publications look terrible in comparison.
Dark Heresy is the one I was thinking of, I just couldn't remember the name of it. And yes, the cover art is gorgeous.
 

Mr Smith

New member
Apr 22, 2010
98
0
0
Chipperz said:
Mr Smith said:
Chipperz said:
Mr Smith said:
This show is starting to make me wish I was part of a similarly awesome roleplaying group.

For now I have to make do with my Warhammer 40000 obsession.
If you wanna roleplay and have a load of 40k playing mates, have you tried Inquisitor? The rules are free from the Games Workshop website, and make for brilliantly cinematic games. :)
A few years ago I was actually seriously considering Inquisitor, and I probably still would if I: a) knew anyone else who played that system; or b) Games Workshop hadn't axed half the range. Though I'm aware there's also a more traditional Inquisitor/Rogue Trader RPG that's been out for a couple of years now.

I was once part of a Firefly Roleplaying group which I went to with a couple of my (female) friends. I ended up leaving due to study/work commitments and the fact that the Game Master was rather creepy, which drove my friends off.
Heh, the lack of range isn't a massive issue - I'm currently running a 40k scale version with measurments in centimetres not inches. It works really well, and takes up no space at all - the average combat takes place in a 2ftX2ft area. If your mates have 40k armies already, it's just a case of browbeating them into writing stats and trying it out. If you're feeling adventurous/badass, getting a few packs of Necromunda/Mordheim models as the basis for a team somehow means that their duelling pistols/stubbers will routinely bring down anything your group's power gamers come up with.

The more traditional RPGs are damn good, but require a lot of preparation on the part of the GM. It's my experience that unless you're lucky enough to get a group that's happy with 'bolter go boom, man fall down', your campaign has to be airtight or your players WILL pick it apart, and I say that as someone who has played and run...

Back on topic, I JUST got the Beetles/Beatles joke. Now I feel slow...
Now you mention it, I have heard of people using 40k miniatures for Inquisitor with modified measurements. It would give me something to do with the Witch Hunter Inquisitor I bought for a Battle Sisters army I was starting a while ago but never did anything with.
 

Zak Sabbath

Porn Actor, Dungeon Master
Mar 16, 2010
170
0
0
I don't think the dog's presence is a good idea. If my past experience is any basis, he'll probably end up eating everything....

Break over back to work/watching German Pulp Fiction.....
 

docdoubt

New member
Jun 17, 2010
3
0
0
Great show! I love how no matter who plays D&D, bookish geeks to porn stars; the resulting conversations & interaction sound similar and certain player arch-types emerge. It's a very unifying feeling.

Pig Balloons! You're my kind of DM Zak!
 

docdoubt

New member
Jun 17, 2010
3
0
0
As to how the Pig Balloons fly? My guess would be gas from the bloated pig corpse, but goblin dreams and wishes would be a close second.
 

clovezombie

New member
May 27, 2010
9
0
0
Love the pigs; and the beetles. All I have to say is watch out for the air pirates in the big bad wolf zepplin ladies. Great episode. LOL Nice play on when pigs fly.

Oh and bacon rules...
 

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
644
0
0
Zak Sabbath said:
rddj623 said:
Just out of curiosity why the change in location?
Same apartment, we just rotated the table so people wouldn't get backlit.
Gotcha, it looked like a new location, could have fooled me. Thanks for the answer :)
 

TheEpic_1

Mmmm.. Zephyr Biscut
Jan 8, 2010
37
0
0
mandymorbid said:
TheEpic_1 said:
i dont know if you guys got a new camera man or its the new locale but this episode was so much easier to watch.

also mandy actually has an incredibly sexy voice as the narrator.
I've never heard my voice was sexy before--to me it's annoying and loud.
Same location by the way. Just with sunlight.
No, definitely not annoying, I just watched the episode again and you have a very womanly(?) voice with just a bit of toughness to it. I like it.

Also, I didnt think you or any of the other girls actually had an escapist account. I assumed having your own web series, being models, actresses and a hairdresser, you would be too busy to be able chat to the community. Its very cool. Do all of you have an account or just you, satine and connie?

Also, Also, could we have more camera time for frankie, she is very awesome. XD
 

kelvingreen

New member
Apr 21, 2010
10
0
0
What? Not a single "The Escapist must be desperate for readers to have this sorry excuse for a show/the Penny Arcade guys do a much better job/they're not even using official rules/OMG strippers and porn stars are the devil" comment? The internet is so disappointing sometimes.

Another great show, ladies and gent. It's nice to see people who break the geek stereotype having fun with D&D.
 

Kragg

New member
Mar 30, 2010
730
0
0
kelvingreen said:
What? Not a single "The Escapist must be desperate for readers to have this sorry excuse for a show/the Penny Arcade guys do a much better job/they're not even using official rules/OMG strippers and porn stars are the devil" comment? The internet is so disappointing sometimes.

Another great show, ladies and gent. It's nice to see people who break the geek stereotype having fun with D&D.
it is supposed to be a lighthearted show i guess, appealing to a broad spectrum of people, not specifically dungeons and dragons players. i like it and i have never played

sidenote: when do porn performers/actor(trice)s become pornSTARS or is that a given when they start?
 

Bakfiets

New member
Feb 18, 2009
23
0
0
mandymorbid said:
Bakfiets said:
Bacon flavored coffee WTF....you Americans have bacon issues.

nice touch on the pig balloons I just kept wondering how the hell you keep the air from going out suffice to say my mind didn't paint me a very pleasant picture :s
Bacon issues are not limited to Americans. Connie and I are both Canadian (and she's the one who brought the bacon.)
Must be the close proximity to the US then and slowly this pork related obsession is taking over the world :eek:

Appearantly you can get the stuff store bought aswell.........I just hope this never reached this side of the pond.

 

spookydom

New member
Aug 31, 2009
309
0
0
Bakfiets said:
mandymorbid said:
Bakfiets said:
Bacon flavored coffee WTF....you Americans have bacon issues.

nice touch on the pig balloons I just kept wondering how the hell you keep the air from going out suffice to say my mind didn't paint me a very pleasant picture :s
Bacon issues are not limited to Americans. Connie and I are both Canadian (and she's the one who brought the bacon.)
Must be the close proximity to the US then and slowly this pork related obsession is taking over the world :eek:

Appearantly you can get the stuff store bought aswell.........I just hope this never reached this side of the pond.

Holly crispy crap! Bacon coffee is real?.......It's really real? This is the greatest invention since fried cheese! when I see things like this it gives me hope that the human race is not as bad as we are given credit for. Wicked cool!
 
Mar 26, 2008
3,429
0
0
Connieparts said:
I'm sitting on a mirror ;)
Ah mystery solved. I must admit that was causing my brain to spazz-out in the smaller version.

I'm really liking the stand-alones of the women talking to the camera (Mandy this time, and yes she does have a sexy voice).

Those diagrams of the pig balloon goblin thing are awesome; as are Connie's skeleton gloves.
 

FearlessFelix

New member
Jun 10, 2010
16
0
0
Connie, THANK YOU, I so wasn't getting that. I felt like I was looking at one of those stupid squiggly line/ dotted pictures where a picture of whatever is held there like an optical illusion.
 

viperxvii

New member
Jun 18, 2010
10
0
0
Haha, great episode, sounded like a lot of fun, hardly noticed that this was a short one. The messin around with NPC voices really got me. Can't wait to see the progress.
 

Noumenon

New member
Jun 6, 2010
34
0
0
TheEpic_1 said:
Do all of you have an account or just you, satine and connie?
Frankie has an account here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/frankieface] with links to her old posts and Twitter feed. Never seen KK or Justine.
 

CapnRaccoon

New member
Jun 16, 2010
55
0
0
Loved it =D
I laughed so hard at the "Nothing wrong with Ringo, except his solo project" bit and the Beatles impression.
Can't wait til next week =]
 

bcav

New member
Dec 29, 2008
8
0
0
At one point in the video around the five minute mark one of these hot women said "fuck a duck." I say that all the time and that made my day.
 

skibadaa

New member
Jun 13, 2009
73
0
0
Mordicai Caeli said:
Kross said:
skibadaa said:
With regards to the much celebrated pig balloons, i wonder if Zak has ever seen Invader Zim, in particular the episode entitled "invasion of the saucer morons". If he hasnt he should, and if he has its an awesome reference. Also as a british man i can also agree that his Liverpudlian rendition for the beetles was spot on *doffs cap* :)
I was just about to ask that. It was all I could think of while I was watching the episode (click for video):

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZRY-qpcjhs#t=3m45s]
Yeah, I saw the drawing & I was like "Its a Government Pig!"

BWAAAAAAH!!! :D "HELLO, I AM GOVERNMENT MAN, I COME FROM THE GOVERNMENT, THEE GOVERMENT SENT MEEE" ZOMFGROFLMAO11!!..... ahem, but alas i think im getting a mite off topic now :p
 

Khomatose

New member
Jan 31, 2009
48
0
0
Bacon and maple syrup go really well together! You get maple cured ham all the time. They taste yummie. When I was in America last summer I could have lived off the crispy bacon and coffee, but I did miss a good cup of strong tea, it's just not the same over there :(

But yeah, bacon, pancakes and maple syrup are nom nommy!
 

RN7

New member
Oct 27, 2009
824
0
0
So...how did the goblins get the helium into the pigs? No matter which end they stuck it in, that would have been a fucked up way to die.
 

Keevel

New member
May 22, 2010
8
0
0
Satine Phoenix said:
Oh man.. I can't wait for next weeks episode!!!
Meanest reply ever!!!

We have to wait a week and she knows what happened already!

The anticipatory torture!!!

(it's kinda awesome)
 

Connieparts

King Princess
May 20, 2010
36
0
0
Khomatose said:
Bacon and maple syrup go really well together! You get maple cured ham all the time. They taste yummie. When I was in America last summer I could have lived off the crispy bacon and coffee, but I did miss a good cup of strong tea, it's just not the same over there :(

But yeah, bacon, pancakes and maple syrup are nom nommy!
You would FLIP OUT over Mandy's extensive tea collection :) I always do!
 

Khomatose

New member
Jan 31, 2009
48
0
0
Connieparts said:
Khomatose said:
Bacon and maple syrup go really well together! You get maple cured ham all the time. They taste yummie. When I was in America last summer I could have lived off the crispy bacon and coffee, but I did miss a good cup of strong tea, it's just not the same over there :(

But yeah, bacon, pancakes and maple syrup are nom nommy!
You would FLIP OUT over Mandy's extensive tea collection :) I always do!
I probably would! I have a bit of a collection myself ^^ I'm hardly ever without a big mug of tea in my hand.

I'm going to send her some dreadlocks soon, maybe I'll include some little samples of my favourite teas. Two bags of each one, then you can try them too :)
 

Erick.S

New member
Jun 4, 2010
59
0
0
mandymorbid said:
Bakfiets said:
Bacon flavored coffee WTF....you Americans have bacon issues.

nice touch on the pig balloons I just kept wondering how the hell you keep the air from going out suffice to say my mind didn't paint me a very pleasant picture :s
Bacon issues are not limited to Americans. Connie and I are both Canadian (and she's the one who brought the bacon.)
Err, isn't Canada technically in America?
Personally, I'm in favor of mixing food stuffs and discovering unexpected flavor combos.

Either way, riding beetles, flying in pig balloons... goblin society seems pretty fun :D
 

mandymorbid

Blindheim!
Mar 17, 2010
73
0
0
Erick.S said:
mandymorbid said:
Bakfiets said:
Bacon flavored coffee WTF....you Americans have bacon issues.

nice touch on the pig balloons I just kept wondering how the hell you keep the air from going out suffice to say my mind didn't paint me a very pleasant picture :s
Bacon issues are not limited to Americans. Connie and I are both Canadian (and she's the one who brought the bacon.)
Err, isn't Canada technically in America?
Personally, I'm in favor of mixing food stuffs and discovering unexpected flavor combos.

Either way, riding beetles, flying in pig balloons... goblin society seems pretty fun :D
Technically Canada and the U.S.A and Mexico are all in North America. "America" just on it's own usually is referring to the U.S.A and not Canada.
 

Erick.S

New member
Jun 4, 2010
59
0
0
mandymorbid said:
Erick.S said:
mandymorbid said:
Bakfiets said:
Bacon flavored coffee WTF....you Americans have bacon issues.

nice touch on the pig balloons I just kept wondering how the hell you keep the air from going out suffice to say my mind didn't paint me a very pleasant picture :s
Bacon issues are not limited to Americans. Connie and I are both Canadian (and she's the one who brought the bacon.)
Err, isn't Canada technically in America?
Personally, I'm in favor of mixing food stuffs and discovering unexpected flavor combos.

Either way, riding beetles, flying in pig balloons... goblin society seems pretty fun :D
Technically Canada and the U.S.A and Mexico are all in North America. "America" just on it's own usually is referring to the U.S.A and not Canada.
Oh, yeah, quite aware of that. Just poking fun :)
After all, everybody knows that Canada is north of the real America, and Mexico is somewhere in the middle east - right next to Japanime and Kwalamoongo.
 

Connieparts

King Princess
May 20, 2010
36
0
0
mandymorbid said:
Erick.S said:
mandymorbid said:
Bakfiets said:
Bacon flavored coffee WTF....you Americans have bacon issues.

nice touch on the pig balloons I just kept wondering how the hell you keep the air from going out suffice to say my mind didn't paint me a very pleasant picture :s
Bacon issues are not limited to Americans. Connie and I are both Canadian (and she's the one who brought the bacon.)
Err, isn't Canada technically in America?
Personally, I'm in favor of mixing food stuffs and discovering unexpected flavor combos.

Either way, riding beetles, flying in pig balloons... goblin society seems pretty fun :D
Technically Canada and the U.S.A and Mexico are all in North America. "America" just on it's own usually is referring to the U.S.A and not Canada.
Actually, we can also count Central America and South America in "America". Our entire continent is known as "the Americas", however funnily enough (ha ha!) the only place on it that actually CALLS itself "America" is the hardest place for "Americans" to live!
It's actually better and easier to be "American," in the commonly known definition if you come from Europe! Interesting fact!
PS. As far as Europe goes. I've only been to Greece, and I don't know how they feel about bacon there...
 

Connieparts

King Princess
May 20, 2010
36
0
0
Tom Selleck said:
I don't mean to brag but I was among some of first people to see She-Ra back in the day as part of some kinda special promotion.
Don't mean to brag, but I go She-Ra's autograph at K'Mart when I was 6.
In my autograph book, right next to Ted Danson.
 

Erick.S

New member
Jun 4, 2010
59
0
0
Connieparts said:
Tom Selleck said:
I don't mean to brag but I was among some of first people to see She-Ra back in the day as part of some kinda special promotion.
Don't mean to brag, but I go She-Ra's autograph at K'Mart when I was 6.
In my autograph book, right next to Ted Danson.
How exactly does She-Ra sign an autograph? With her sword, I would imagine.
 

mandymorbid

Blindheim!
Mar 17, 2010
73
0
0
Connieparts said:
Tom Selleck said:
I don't mean to brag but I was among some of first people to see She-Ra back in the day as part of some kinda special promotion.
Don't mean to brag, but I go She-Ra's autograph at K'Mart when I was 6.
In my autograph book, right next to Ted Danson.
I still have my vhs of Secret of the Sword and all of the first season on dvd. If you wanna have a few drinks and make a night of it sometime just let me know.
 

beefpelican

New member
Apr 15, 2009
374
0
0
docdoubt said:
As to how the Pig Balloons fly? My guess would be gas from the bloated pig corpse, but goblin dreams and wishes would be a close second.
Definitely the second one. If corpses were that buoyant then zombies would be hilarious and graveyards would be impossible.
 

deadguynotyetburied

New member
Jun 3, 2010
322
0
0
But that's why zombies eat people. All that solid flesh keeps them weighed down enough to find MORE people to eat. They'd get very hungry trying to eat what birds they could catch in the stratosphere.
 

deadguynotyetburied

New member
Jun 3, 2010
322
0
0
And by the way, since I still haven't mentioned it, awesome content. A campaign with this kind of creative energy behind it is always fun to play, and even to watch.
 

ROBOcity123

New member
Mar 7, 2010
99
0
0
I would like to formally apologize for my insulting comment that got me suspended for three days. I understand the irony involved as well...(I commented on a stipper/pornstar body).
 

Vivka

New member
Jun 24, 2010
8
0
0
Connieparts said:
Tom Selleck said:
I don't mean to brag but I was among some of first people to see She-Ra back in the day as part of some kinda special promotion.
Don't mean to brag, but I go She-Ra's autograph at K'Mart when I was 6.
In my autograph book, right next to Ted Danson.
I dont mean to brag, but my mom made me a She-Ra costume for halloween when I was a kid. And I still have my hardcover storybooks. <3

By the Honor!!
 

Rick Marshall

New member
Mar 21, 2010
10
0
0
I've been enjoying this series since the start, having already been a fan of Zak's blog, but I've gotta say this one's a high water mark. Zak's over-the-top inventiveness has been fun to read about, but it's so much more fun in action. I love the grateful beetles, and I love how the silly inventiveness energized the players so much. Here we get a glimpse into the group's great gaming energy. It fires me up for today's D&D session, which I'm running, to help me quit worrying so much and just loosen up and have fun with the players. Thanks!