I JUST CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE!

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
sunderlandrule said:
Er, this will be quite a long list so bear with me here.

Championship Manager 01/02 - Playing as Bristol City I got them into contention at the top of the premiership in the 5th season. Was sat at the top of the league, 2 points ahead of 2nd place with a goal difference 4 better than them.
I would win the league if I won or if I drew but 2nd place won by 4 goals or less.
I was 2-0 up coming into extra time and 2nd place were also 2-0 up at the same point. In 3 minutes I conceded 2 goals and the team in 2nd scored 3 meaning that I lost the league.
Result - Keyboard chucked at monitor. Monitor knocked off desk and screen shattered when it hit the floor, keyboard broke.

Call of Duty 2 - Was having one of my best games ever, was on a kill streak of 23 and the record for my clan (over 120 active players at the time) was also 23. I chucked a nade round a corner where I knew there was one enemy, nade bounced off invisible wall (corner was shown as narrower than it was) and blew me up.
Result - I punched the top of my case so hard it broke 2 fingers, dented the top of my case, shook my hard drive loose which caused the disk to become loose and destroy itself.

Championship Manager 4 - Playing as Forest Green. I secured successive promotions to reach the premier league, finished 4th in my first season in the Prem thus qualifying for the champions league. Next season I reached the champions league final, playing Barcelona. 90th minute, me 1-0 up. 92nd minute, 1-1. 97th minute, I give away a penalty, 1-2 barcelona. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't be too annoyed by this BUT there were only meant to be 2 minutes of extra time.
Result - Threw mouse across room at wall. Mouse went straight through wall (the wall was pretty much made of paper) and broke a £55 mouse.

Uplink - Playing my longest ever savegame, had about 190 hours of play time put into it. Was hacking a small bank to get a bit of extra cash. It would usually be a very easy hack however about half way through my graphics drivers crashed resulting in my screen blacking out but the game still playing. About 60 seconds later the driver restarted and my screen came back up. I had failed the hack, been traced and my entire savegame was over as in Uplink once you get caught that is the end. 190 hours of play gone due to a crap graphics driver.
Result - Almost brand new 22 inch widescreen monitor punched. Big crack down middle of screen and no longer worked.

Football manager 2005 - Another longest savegame one. I was in season 2074/75, with about 220 hours of play time. Was saving the game when the power cut out. When the power came back on I tried to load the game only to find that the crash had corrupted the savegame. I had deleted my backups about 30 minutes before to clear up some hard drive space and was going to create a new savegame as soon as I had saved the game again.
Result - Disk taken out of drive, smashed into hundreds of tiny pieces. Hard drive taken out and smashed.

As you can tell, I used to have a bit of an anger problem however its not a problem now and the incident with FM2005 was the last one.
Oh. Some serious issues you had there with the Manager games.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
MrBrightside919 said:
miracleofsound said:
[
You need to get Red Faction Geurilla.

It's amazingly cathartic and you can smash the shit out of EVERYTHING.
Really? Cuz I had Mercenaries 2 and it did nothing for me...
Comparing Mercenaries 2 with Red Faction: Geurilla is like comparing Duplo To Lego.

And Lego cities are waaaaay more fun to smash up.

I HATED Mercs 2, it was badly made and the destruction was meh. RF:G kept me destroying things for weeks.

The demo is free on XBOX LIVE I suggest you give it a try!

mad benji89

May 4, 2009
the games that have caused me to get the most angry is propully and fighting game when the person am going aganst is just using on move over and over witch is a one where my character cant get back up or gta when its a mission where u have to a car chase and i crash in to somthing lol

the only that i think i broken was a guitar hero controller i was playing slayer raining blood on expert and because i was putting to much strain on the guitar the end bit ended up snapping off was abit gutted but pritty hardcore at the same time lol

Okami24

May 31, 2009
Guitar hero 3.... my bro is crap to paint the picture. i swung the guitar at him (he had a controller) and he ducked, i let go and it hit my window, the window smashed and now i can only play lefty flipped..... :(

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
I've repeatedly kicked my computer, but my controller, thrown my controller, removed the ball from a trackball mouse and thrown it, cursed out my computer and much, much more...
but never actually broken anything.

Okami24

May 31, 2009
ooh and klungo saves the world on banjo kazooie nuts and bolt, its a basic platforming bit but im sure that some of the levels you have to get it down to the exact millisecond. anyway my controller ended up in the bin, a few days i thought i had lost it, i then remembered and now it smells like rotting fruit... also my gameboy game broke so i kicked the gamebog across the room and broke the screen

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
jaeger138 said:
deadman91 said:
I've injured people with my own hands but never taken it out against or with a controller.

Was walking down the street one day and suddenly had an xbox controller fly out an open window and shatter against a tree in front of me, followed by much screaming and profanity. Just kept on walking, laughing all the way.
That's brilliant! lol
I would have taken and framed it. A sort of..relic..to rage in general.

Boaal

Dec 30, 2008
I can't remember actually breaking stuff and I haven't flipped out at a game since I was somewhat younger... I have some rather nasty anger management issues so there are a coupl eof holes in the house walls due to feet/fists/etc, but surprisingly i've always held back from actually going berserk and wrecking everything in sight because of game frustration.

However, I do remember being sickeningly pissed off at Starfox Adventures Test of Fear. Oh Fuck Me did that ever piss me off. It was really dumb, it was needlessly frustrating, and honestly, my idea of a good time is not sitting aorund keeping a poncy yellow line inside of a poncy yellow bar. That and the lightfoot test of strength - mash the a button until your thumb breaks. Whoever designed those types of mini games should be boiled in vomit and hung with their own intestines.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Daedalus1942 said:
crono738 said:
Waaaay back during the SNES era...god damn M. Bison and his BS.

Most recent example would be exploding my old PS2 controller because GoW1's Path of Hades is a glitchy clusterfuck.
What problems did you have with it? It wasn't glitchy me for me, i died once.
I'd get hit by one of the spike things on the rotating towers...which constantly dragged me around behind said tower and insta-gibbed me.

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
It was some wrestling game for the Gamecube (oh god repressed thoughts coming back) the game was so stupid and frustrating I almost broke the controller. Then I realised I didn't hate the controller so I decided to leave the tiny easily ruined disc open to the elements.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
crono738 said:
Daedalus1942 said:
crono738 said:

Most recent example would be exploding my old PS2 controller because GoW1's Path of Hades is a glitchy clusterfuck.
I'd get hit by one of the spike things on the rotating towers...which constantly dragged me around behind said tower and insta-gibbed me.
The collision detection was totally off too, Kratos would go plummeting all the way to the bottom if one of those spikes so much as grazed his shoelace.

a stranger

Mar 4, 2009
i was playing COD5 and was getting owned so i got so mad i throw my controller at my rock band drums bounced off of it and landed on the couch, sadly the one of the side parts of the drum broke off

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
Embarrasingly, I once threw up all over a keyboard whilst heavily inebriated.

To make matters worse, it wasn't my keyboard...

shaltir

Jul 3, 2009
unfortunately, wireless controllers have forced me to control my game rage...having to find the controller after i slam it down got to be a bit too infuriating :(

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
miracleofsound said:
crono738 said:
Daedalus1942 said:
crono738 said:

The collision detection was totally off too, Kratos would go plummeting all the way to the bottom if one of those spikes so much as grazed his shoelace.
I fell alot... oh dear god i fell alot, but I never died.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
shaltir said:
unfortunately, wireless controllers have forced me to control my game rage...having to find the controller after i slam it down got to be a bit too infuriating :(
And that $100 pricetag JUST for a controller hurts...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
miracleofsound said:
crono738 said:
Daedalus1942 said:
crono738 said:

I fell alot... oh dear god i fell alot, but I never died.
Repeated fruitless effort and torture without even death as refief... sounds like they were going for an overly accurate Hades experience...