I Just Joined the "PC Master Race", what games should i buy???

TheFPSisDead

Jan 3, 2011
I already bough Skyrim, redeemed my free copy of Portal 2, and have Starcraft II, just to give you an idea of genre's i like.

EDIT:

For those of you asking about my specs i have:

the Evga Geforce GTX 285 2GB
4GB of RAM
Intel X2 Duo 2.8 ghz CPU <<< only thing holding me back :(
1 TB HDD

UPDATE:

Thanks again guys for all the great suggetions,
Here's what i bought on steam so far:

Portal 1
The Witcher 2
Bioshock (was $4.99, hell yes)
The Sims 3
Team Fortress 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Half-Life 2

What's on my wishlist:
Bastion
Amnesia
The Witcher
Sins of a Solar Empire

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Well, if you want to show the world how big your penPC's graphics card is, Crysis and Witcher 2. Also, those games are actually good, so you get to have fun AND look at pretty foliage!

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Also, I literally just had to enter "the all-new Chevy Sanic" into the captcha field to post. Escapist, fix this plox.

LiquidSolstice

Dec 25, 2009
Kahunaburger said:
Also, I literally just had to enter "the all-new Chevy Sanic" into the captcha field to post. Escapist, fix this plox.
It's getting ironic. I get the need for a regular Captcha, but they want to prevent me from spamming up the forums......by showing me spam?

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
So RPG / Puzzle Solving with some RTS eh?

Well, there's the obvious answer of KOTOR, also Jade Empire in that same breath, Terraria (I love it, better than Minecraft) and, of course, Half Life 2.

Shogun: Total War is supposed to be a great RTS. If you can find Age of Mythology (my personal fav) try that out.

If you like FPS / RPG's get Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Borderlands.

Other than that, poke around Steam for something to catch your fancy.

TheFPSisDead

Jan 3, 2011
Qitz said:
So RPG / Puzzle Solving with some RTS eh?

Well, there's the obvious answer of KOTOR, also Jade Empire in that same breath, Terraria (I love it, better than Minecraft) and, of course, Half Life 2.

Shogun: Total War is supposed to be a great RTS. If you can find Age of Mythology (my personal fav) try that out.

If you like FPS / RPG's get Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Borderlands.

Other than that, poke around Steam for something to catch your fancy.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
Get Steam. 5 minutes later, you will have no money, and a lot of games.

I can recommend the RTS "Supreme Commander" (I prefer the first to the sequel, but they're both good). It's got great pacing, a trio of excellent story campaigns, and a really awesome scale to battles.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Hmm, I'd personally recommend the first two Gothic games along with Risen (Risen is made by the same company and is pretty much a Gothic game with a changed name). Risen is a little more accessible than the others, but all three are fantastic action RPG's and are very fun. The Gothic games may have outdated (but fine) graphics and a clunky control system, but they'll ultimately reward you with time. I'm pretty sure you can get these games very cheap now on Steam if you have nothing against buying digital copies of them.

I also second The Witcher 2, definitely. You might want to give Witcher 1 a shot too.

TheFPSisDead

Jan 3, 2011
BathorysGraveland said:
Hmm, I'd personally recommend the first two Gothic games along with Risen (Risen is made by the same company and is pretty much a Gothic game with a changed name). Risen is a little more accessible than the others, but all three are fantastic action RPG's and are very fun. The Gothic games may have outdated (but fine) graphics and a clunky control system, but they'll ultimately reward you with time. I'm pretty sure you can get these games very cheap now on Steam if you have nothing against buying digital copies of them.

I also second The Witcher 2, definitely. You might want to give Witcher 1 a shot too.
Just bought the Witcher 2 on steam. This game is pretty awesome :)

Thanks for the recommend. :)

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Company of heroes! Even metacritic loves it.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/company-of-heroes

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Oh dear, well, try and not let your head get too big like most of the elitists.

Also: Do you have long flowing blond hair yet?

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
daveman247 said:
I do, now kneel and become my stallion.

Check out some of the free stuff, like Tribes: Acsend, League of Legends & Team Fortress 2.
Tribes being the latest of those.

Other than that Battlefield 3 is quite fun if you don't mind paying for map packs.

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
Get the Orange Box.

For $30 it's a steal, but if you can wait for Steam to have their sales you can buy lots and lots of great games for very low prices.

Also get Deus Ex: GOTY Edition. It's one of the best games ever made.

Here's a guide to improving the graphics in Deus Ex: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1235278

And one more thing...

...get Freespace 2 here: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/freespace_2

..and get its many, MANY mods here: http://www.fsoinstaller.com/

TheFPSisDead

Jan 3, 2011
daveman247 said:
Oh dear, well, try and not let your head get too big like most of the elitists.

I still play Ps3, so i haven't fallen completely off the deep end. My wife just has one more reason to complain about me gaming now. But she has uncontested access to the tv and netflix, a win-win one might say :p.

Octobot888

Feb 21, 2012
If you are looking for great PC games, you might want to check out Team Fortress 2. TF2 is a multiplayer class-based shooter that you can get for free. It also has a great sense of humor. Half-Life is also a great choice for any PC gamer who doesn't already have it.