I Just Lost Faith In The Internet

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
The News Reports rarely have any sense of objectivity, typically playing to the key demographic's tastes and attitudes
Ok the,n show me any website/tv channel or news paper that doesn't do this...

These guys are clearly people who feel scorned by the ban hammer on this site and just can't take the fact they broke the rules and that's why it happened. Its becoming all too common place in society that everyone claims they haven't done anything wrong its the rules that must be wrong, too restrictive or enforced wrong. My response is well good, a nice heavy ban hammer applied liberally to peoples skulls stops this place decending into the internet forums that are just intollerable. Trolling, Flaming and short post "+1" users can all go somewhere else (I hear youtube and yahoo are nice this time of year...) I like the escapist like this, means we can have discussions like well this without douches everywhere.

ReaperGrimm

Jun 2, 2011
Lag on the escapist? I've never had any, crappy video player? videos always play for me just fine.

Casual Shinji said:
So?

Us "elitist, teenaged, angsty pricks" need a place to go too, don't we?

Odd though then that the Escapist forum feels so nice and cozy, while the majority of other forums feel like rabid pig pens.
I know exactly how you feel.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Personally, when I like something, and I am given poorly thought out and badly written reasons why I shouldn't, I just ignore it. What's more, I do not actively go searching for people who say bad things about the things that I like. Sure, I stumble across such things all the time and, as often as not I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and listen for a time. If someone is just wasting my time however, I move on.

Jun 7, 2010
Haha! While it may be an ED rip-off created by sweaty man-childeren, there's actually some truth to the "Escapist forums" article, especially the bit about the moderators. (just you watch)

However, the people who write it are trying WAAAY to hard to be edgy and cool.

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
On the internet you must learn to accept the PAD rule. People. Are. Dicks. It's never gonna change so just get used to it.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I do love this line from Yahtzee's page

"Another reason why he hasn't developed the same hatedom as other people is because he simply doesn't give a shit."

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
To be perfectly honest, I think this is hilarious. While it's obviously opinionated and everything it states should be taken with a grain of salt, it's entertaining to read. There's also a grain of truth to these, and as we all know humor is truth exaggerated.

Thanks for sharing this!

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
The articles you posted did have some valid points and expressed some of the feelings I have had towards the Escapist in the past.

I visit the Escapist because it is a fast and reliable source of gaming news, even though I do find the authors annoying as they frequently put in lines expressing their own opinions.

Also the link about MovieBob is probably 99.9% accurate, hell I think it is spot on.

XzarTheMad

Oct 10, 2008
So, its a wiki about why internet "celebrities" aren't cool?
Well, it's hardly a surprise - some people like those videos, some don't. This is no worse than reading regular ED, or Conservapedia, or any other wiki filled with opinionated bullshit. Just leave them to their drooling retardation, and enjoy what you enjoy.

Also, fuck you bank of america. I am not american. Stop advertising to me.

thick doona

Jul 11, 2011
trollpwner said:
I'd be offended if those articles had any truth, were funny about actual problems or in any way interesting. As it is, I can only pity people who put time into carp like that.
Living up to your name! Nice ;)

thick doona

Jul 11, 2011
trollpwner said:
thick doona said:
trollpwner said:
I'd be offended if those articles had any truth, were funny about actual problems or in any way interesting. As it is, I can only pity people who put time into carp like that.
Living up to your name! Nice ;)
My real name should be "think-of-a-quick-name-so-you-can-post-on-forums-and-access-exclusive-content".
I didn't ask for your life story bro. :p
Nouw said:
You know what they say! Any publicity is good publicity!
I checked out their site and they go on and on about constructive criticism and wanting things to improve. Then they go and troll. LOL

William Fleming

Mar 6, 2011
Just skimming the article about Moviebob just made me stopped caring about them. I really just advice people to ignore them, nothing professional and looks like it was written by a 12 year old brat that probably plays too much Call of Duty tbh

"Bob, bringing in a paper thin strawman up in this *****!"
Actual quote from the Moviebob article, see what I mean?