I just met Lady GaGa

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Daniel Radcliffe, when he was filming part of this horror film in my village. The name escapes me. He's a nice guy. Short, though.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Neat. I'm not really into her music, but she seems like a pretty cool person.
I've met Neil Hannon, who is reasonably well-known in the UK and Ireland. He was understandably taciturn, but we still managed to get an autograph and a Twix bar from him.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Met Linkara (The comic reviewer from atop the 4th wall)at a convention, not at a panel or anything, I ran into him between events at the arcade, the dealer room, and later the concert hall.
Sadly I hadn't watched any of his videos but I was able to BS my way through the entire conversation, one of the nicest guys I've ever met actually. He liked my Travis Touchdown cosplay even though he said he wasn't sure what it was (just thought the beam katana was cool). we joked around and talked about the band that was playing and then staged an argument just to see reactions. Wish I could meet him again now that I've watched his reviews.
Oh and when I was around 8 or 9 I met the Big Show (The wrestler, I think he changed his name recently) but dear god someone over 7 feet tall looks even more huge when you're a kid

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
ive met darren shan (an author) twice (once at a book signing with a bunch of my friends, once at a book festival reading with a bunch of other authors). he's pretty laid back, but you would expect that if you read his books, and heard that he says his love of (and writing of) vampire/demon-based books is because he was born across the thames from the houses of parliament.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I am very Jelly of your brief encounter with Lady Gaga...
No homo.
No Sarcasm.

OT
Most famous person I've "met" would be Bill Bailey about 3 years ago.
Saw him in London, pointed at him and screamed:
"HUMAN SLAVES! IN AN INSECT NATION!"

[Edit]
Come to think of it... It might not have even been him.
He was bald with a beard... and had sticky out eyes... like Mr Bailey.
But I'm still not sure.

If it turns out not to have been him... my runner up would be "talking" to Peter Molyneux on Facebook. He told me to stop sending him friend requests in a Private Message.

Dumbfish1

Oct 17, 2008
A friend and I met Eddie izzard when we went canvasing for labour. My next door neighbour's sister runs for mp in didsbury, so I usually get roped into handing out flyers ect. which is why I was there when he turned up. My neighbour later asked her sister if he remembered us and apparently he did, as "those guys who looked like harry potter and ron wesely"
(I wear glasses and my friend is ginger)

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I met Dirk Nowitzki one. He was goddamn tall, and really nice. I felt bad though, because he was with his family.

And I met Seth MacFarlane. He's even funnier in person.

I also talked to the lead singer of the band Edguy for about an hour and a half after a show they played with Kamelot. One of the nicest guy I've ever met.

And I've met and hung out with the whole band After Midnight Project.

My mother is the person to talk to about this though. She's a flight attendant, so she meets a lot of people. Hulk Hogan, Jake Gyllenhaal, Eminem, Joe Montana, etc. etc. She's met a lot of people, and I've got a lot of autographs (a lot of wrestlers actually).

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
I've met Mike Doughty and Adam Richman. Mike Doughty was in stunned silence because of my chatty autistic brother being there, and Adam Richman was very personable. Dunno if this counts, but my late great-uncle (I think that's how he's related to me) was Marion Tinsley, who was considered the world's greatest checkers player. Never met him, though.

EDIT: Since people are putting down who their family members have met, I may as well do it too, just for fun. My mom's met Diane Kruger (from the National Treasure movies) and Joshua Jackson (from Dawson's Creek) at the wedding of two of her gay friends, and she worked with the wife of Jack Emmert, the creator of City of Heroes. My mom told her that I wanted to play the game, and so Jack sent me a year's worth of free game time and a t-shirt. My dad got a marshmallow smeared with paint from one of the members of the Blue Man Group when he went to Vegas. And then my step-grandfather went to college with Halle Berry's mother, and apparently held Halle's hand when she was three. He also claims to have met Charlie Chaplin and various others.

Zemnexx

May 24, 2008
Ashamedly enough Keith Urban and Hilary Duff...I live in Texas and my parents made me.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I met Telle from Benidorm... she turned the Christmas lights on in Cannock. I have a photo. It was a very lackluster encounter as I'd never watched Benidorm, but my sister was quite psyched. I also met Miles Kane and Alex Turner when The Last Shadow Puppets played at the NEC. Now that I was happy for!

Esotera

May 5, 2011
ace_of_something said:
Her next video will very likely feature corn fields.
I am so stoked for this.

Most famous people I've met have turned out to be major douchebags, the smaller bands are generally nicer I guess.

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
Met the R&B group Pretty Ricky at a resturant when I like 10. They seemed ok. Other than that, I don't meet a lot of famous people despite living in Miami.