I just met Lady GaGa

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
Hmm well last year I got to personally meet Elvis Stoiko, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir all of whom are famous Canadian Olympians.

Although I highly doubt anyone who isn't from Canada and/or a figure skating fan would care.

PS, I'm not actually a figure skating fan. I appreciate it as a sport and an artform, I just don't care for it. I just kind of thought meeting those people was neat.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
I don't remember this, but I'm told Lee Evans once filmed something or other on my street. Apparently I had to be taken away from the window because he kept waving back at me and they wanted to finish filming before the sun went down.

Also met Ronnie Corbett at the Tower of London.
That sentence looks a lot weirder typed out than it did in my head.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
binnsyboy said:
Daniel Radcliffe, when he was filming part of this horror film in my village. The name escapes me. He's a nice guy. Short, though.
You've probably already been told, this, but it is The Woman in Black [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596365/].

IMDB is the best "what was s/he in" database ever!

koga88

May 19, 2009
I met, at the time, Senator Obama during a political science AP trip. He seemed like a good guy at the time and was quite funny as he joked around with us a lot. Hard to think that he is the President now.

Retronana

Nov 27, 2010
I've met and shook hands with the one and only Miyamoto, also got a signed copy of mario sunshine and starfox adventures.

Naal

Feb 24, 2009
I met David Spade in the late nineties while on a plane ride from Maui. He was extremely nice and very polite.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Some presentor of a Dutch kids show. I didn't actually know her myself, I just said hello and gave her an apologetic smile when she had to step in front of the camara in like 4 layers of thick winter clothing. If you've ever been standing in studio lighting, you know how crappy that is. She was damn cute though.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have shook hands with Brian May, I didn't speak to him, it was after a concert and he was wandering down the fron of the stage and shook hands with most people in the front row. I was one of those lucky people in the front row.

The other guy is not famous in the classical sense, but if you study Chemistry, especially in the area of green chemistry, he is very well known. I had lectures with professor Martyn Poliakoff, (he was also one of my personal tutors) and he is the nicest guy you could hope to meet. I had a lot of wonderful times debating with him. It does wonders for your self esteem if you can debate chemistry with the guy and actually keep up with him :)

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I meet the current cast of SNL,[footnote]and got my picture taken with most of them[/footnote] Paul Rudd[footnote]and got his autograph[/footnote] and saw Sarah Silverman this past March when me and my two friends were in NYC

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Alucard 11189 said:
The other guy is not famous in the classical sense, but if you study Chemistry, especially in the area of green chemistry, he is very well known. I had lectures with professor Martyn Poliakoff, (he was also one of my personal tutors) and he is the nicest guy you could hope to meet. I had a lot of wonderful times debating with him. It does wonders for your self esteem if you can debate chemistry with the guy and actually keep up with him :)
Once again, *shakes fist*! The closest I've got is being part of the UK's only professor of apiculture's research group.

Uh, probably the most famous person I've met is Richard Attenborough, met him rather randomly just off Charing Cross Road while he was outside a theatre. Typical banal English 'the weather's OK' exchange.

My sister regularly met Maggie Smith as she worked at the Waitrose that the latter frequented. And my old man once encountered Peter Cushing on the tube... decades ago now.

... What is it with my family and great English actors of yesteryear?! =P

ExaltedBlizzard

Jan 22, 2010
I spoke with Asaf Avidan after a concert... He's pretty famous I guess.
If you don't know him (HIM!) and you like Joplin look him up on Youtube.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
I've been at one of her concerts but never met her.

Actually i've never met anyone famous :(

Also what the fuck is up with this new captcha system? How am I supposed to answer these 'questions'?

KoalaKid

Apr 15, 2011
I met Tom Green. I didn't know what to say to him though and I don't like being photographed so I just took a picture of him with my girlfriend. He gave me a strange look, I guess because I didn't say anything.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
Got chatting to INME after a gig one year when they were signing autographs after the show. They casuallymentioned that they were going to a certain bar afterwards and asked if we (me and my GF) fancied coming along.

Unfortunately we had to decline as we weren't both of age to be allowed access to a bar. Absolutely gutted... They're pretty decent folk.