I just met Lady GaGa

surg3n

May 16, 2011
I met David Prowse at nursery school, he was giving a talk on road safety, alongside playing Darth Vader, he was also the Green Cross Code man.

I met Douglas Adams and Rolf Harris at school as well. Back in the 80's, celebrities would often visit schools, nowadays they get paid 10 times as much to open a supermarket. Shame really.

More recently, I met Neil Fallon, lead singer of Clutch - he was pretty cool.

Horkeldorf

Feb 28, 2011
JBGigas said:
I've had nice little chat with our President Tarja Halonen.
And I don't know if this counts, but the lead signer of Ensiferum is a friend of mine.
Their current singer or the guy who does Wintersun now? Either way that is completely awesome.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I met Chris Jericho (WWE Superstar) at a McDonalds, I got an autograph and a photo with him, shame I was the only one who knew who it was.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I once shook hands with former president George W. Bush. We didn't talk too much, but he seemed nice enough.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I ALMOST met Tom Baker who played the 4th Doctor once. He's been to my place of work several times because he lives in the area... but I always seem to miss him. Annoying since I am the biggest Doctor Who fan where I work. One day... one day.

Also the lead singer of Keane and Vic Reeves live close to me and I've seen both in passing but never actually MET them. That's about the best I can do I'm afraid.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
What's his face again...

Oh right, I saw Ice Cube at a random airport in Greece while on a high school trip with a bunch of classmates. He was behind me at the passport screening, and I saw him out of the corner of my eye. I looked twice, and then went up to a random girl I had pretty much never talked to before and said "hey, that's fucking Ice Cube"

He was decent I guess. Kinda seemed tired and didn't look like he wanted to deal with all the teenagers. Took a few pictures with people and then his body guard told everyone he was done.

He didn't small once, and kinda seemed annoyed at the publicity. Can't say I blame him though.

Besides that, I once saw Bruce Willis in a car at Hollywood. I was just crossing the street and he was wearing more professional business clothing than I've ever seen him wear in a movie. Kevin Smith said he was kind of a dick though. And I honestly like Kevin Smith more so than the Bruce Willis.

sevreon

Jan 6, 2011
Cockney_Jesus said:
I interviewed the King Blues once. :)
My friend Jack is in the King Blues haha :)

Ive actually met quite a lot of famous people. I'm gonna seem like I'm bragging/name dropping/lying but here goes..
Met Bam Margera at this Red Bull flying thing when I was about ...13/14? I think.
Met Madonna as I was an extra in some independent film she was doing.
Met Brad Pitt in a pub, he sat at our table and watch the rugby with us.
Met all the guys from McFly except Harry, and had a pub lunch with them.
And met Emma Watson in some club, she was underage and asked my boyfriend to buy her a drink haha.

And ummm... I think that's it.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot! I walked past Rufus Hound(You may not have heard of him, but he's a comedian in the UK, he's such a legend!) when I was shopping last month.
Also saw Dara O'Briain leaving the curry house near my flat.
And saw Pete Burns trying on shoes in Topman.

But that's definitely it I think. My boyfriend saw the Beckham's filling up at a petrol station just after the royal wedding, but I didn't see them cause I wasn't paying attention :(

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Most famous person I've spoken to is probably Dean Geyer (I think that's how you spell it). He was on Australian Idol and the Australian "Neighbours".

Other than that I've only met YouTube "celebraties":
DaveDays
AngryAussie
kimmitalks
TheAuzzyLife
TwistedTim01

EDIT - Oh, almost forgot. Said "hi" to former Prime Minister John Howard. He snubbed me. :(

BlastedTheWorm

Jan 26, 2010
Eh, the most famous people I've met are Jimmy Carr and the members of DragonForce.

All very nice people.

DanDanikov said:
Before that, Jonathan Coulton, when he played here in Edinburgh. It was a fairly small, personal venue, so we had plenty of time to chat with him, pose for photos, etc. We even pointed out how his t-shirt sweat looked like pikachu. Would love to get him back again, Paul and Storm too.
Wait, when did Jonathan Coulton play in Edinburgh? Gah!

sevreon

Jan 6, 2011
TacticalAssassin1 said:
Orange Monkey said:
Well I met Brad Pitt the other month whilst working as an extra on World War Z...
World War Z?! Brad Pitt? EXPLAIN!
GASP! I didn't even know they were making it yet! Please, tell more :)

Off topic: captcha is 'discribe Tommy Hilfiger with any words'. Ummmm....what? How? I don't...know?

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Lets see... I think the most famous person I've ever met was James Randi. You know, the famous skeptic. He's really old, but a very nice guy. Got his autograph in one of my books on linear algebra.

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
Met and high fived Simon Neil and James Johnston from Biffy Clyro at the premier of their new DVD "Revolutions - Live at Wembley" in Leicester Square

Ondoran

Apr 6, 2011
I like how you tell him posting about celebrity encounters should be done on a blog instead of a forum and then immediately tell about how you saw a guy from Linken Park once. *Facepalm*

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I met Devin Townsend - probably the only person I would be star struck to meet.

He was geeky and awesome.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Sounds awesome, but sadly, I can't really bring myself to care much about stuff surrounding Lady Gaga. Kind of... 'meh'.

However, I did play Left 4 Dead co-op with Gabe Newel at GamesCom three years ago (then still the Leipzig Game Convention). Also, I saw Guillermo Del Toro wandering around, I kind of regret not going up and talk to him...

And two years ago, I got to shake hands with Tim Schafer!

E.Blackadder

Apr 26, 2011
Ah, um...my brother met the PM and shook hands etc, does that count?
Oh wait, I've met an All Black....
Would love to meet a former Blackadder star though. Is Laurie still nice now he's House?