I just met Lady GaGa

burhanr

Jun 7, 2011
i was about a meter away from Miranda Kerr, but being the timid mfker that I am, I did not ask to take a photo with her.

This woman.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
I met Robert Rankin once. He's a nice guy signed my copy of Toyminator.

BTW: The OP sounds more like a blog post

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
These probably won't mean much to anyone but the most famous people I've ever meet, and hung out with, are -

- Ben Harper (very nice guy).
- Matchbox 20 (had to entertain them for a night on their tour in New Zealand, nice enough guys, nothing special).
- Stone Gossard (from Pearl Jam), nice enough guy but got on with the rest of the band better (he was touring with Brad in support of Ben Harper).
- Taika Waititi (Oscar nominated director, directs a lot of Flight of the Concords episodes), nice guy but very insular.
- Bernard Fanning (singer of Australian band Powderfinger) - really nice and genuine guy.
- Tim Finn, brother of Neil Finn and singer in Split Enz and Crowded House. Nice guy but a little closed off.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Points if you know what he wrote without the use of Wikipedia! And listing the titles in the pictures doesn't count.

Apart from that, no-one.

Jerry Pendleton said:
did you punch her in the face?
Use spoilers please, makes live easier for the rest of us, cheers!
you can also resize pictures by using [*img width=150] Picture url [*/img] without the *

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
i've meet Mel Gibson before

and my dad has meet LOTS of famous people

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
The Disk Thrower said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
my runner up would be "talking" to Peter Molyneux on Facebook. He told me to stop sending him friend requests in a Private Message.
..how many could you possibly have sent? o_o.
It was a little game I had.. called Spam the Molyneux.
It only took 4 Friend request.

Dumbfish1

Oct 17, 2008
Catie Caraco said:
Dumbfish1 said:
A friend and I met Eddie izzard when we went canvasing for labour. My next door neighbour's sister runs for mp in didsbury, so I usually get roped into handing out flyers ect. which is why I was there when he turned up. My neighbour later asked her sister if he remembered us and apparently he did, as "those guys who looked like harry potter and ron wesely"
(I wear glasses and my friend is ginger)
I am so jealous I cannot breathe right now T_T

I LOVE Eddie Izzard.
He was actually really humble when we met him, and he seemed embarrassed that everyone was asking for pictures and stuff. Didn't stop us asking though :p

soulasylum85

Dec 26, 2008
i met bruce springsteen in passing backstage at a conceert on his 50th birthday in philly.

also lesser known ive met roger clyne, shooter jennings, jason isbell, and steve larson.

all of them were pretty cool especially steve larson (guitar player from roger clyne and the peacemakers) i actually sat at the bar and had some drinks with him after one of their shows.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
Alucard 11189 said:
The other guy is not famous in the classical sense, but if you study Chemistry, especially in the area of green chemistry, he is very well known. I had lectures with professor Martyn Poliakoff, (he was also one of my personal tutors) and he is the nicest guy you could hope to meet. I had a lot of wonderful times debating with him. It does wonders for your self esteem if you can debate chemistry with the guy and actually keep up with him :)
Once again, *shakes fist*! The closest I've got is being part of the UK's only professor of apiculture's research group.

Uh, probably the most famous person I've met is Richard Attenborough, met him rather randomly just off Charing Cross Road while he was outside a theatre. Typical banal English 'the weather's OK' exchange.

My sister regularly met Maggie Smith as she worked at the Waitrose that the latter frequented. And my old man once encountered Peter Cushing on the tube... decades ago now.

... What is it with my family and great English actors of yesteryear?! =P
Ha ha! I will dine out on the fact I had Poliakoff as a tutor for the rest of my life! I would have loved to have met Peter Cushing! Damn your father for meeting deceased english actors (grrrr....)

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Lady GaGa? You mean my personal hero Lady GaGa?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
I met Steve Irwin before he was famous, he was rescuing a venomous snake caught in my chicken fence, as this was back when he just worked at the zoo.

Then again later, when his daughter started going to my school.

And at a snake demonstration at Australia zoo.

It isn't that weird considering the area wasn't that highly populated.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Met a few musicians couple of actors and a bunch of sports stars (mostly hockey and footie/soccer players).
They always are normal as hell (especially the sports stars). I live in a rural area and know, especially in the case of the actors that have been in the area, that they just want to be treated like everyone else. I assume that I've met some of the ego-free celebrities out there, so I don't want to suggest that celebrities aren't jerkfaces.

(I am friends with some comic artists-due to the arty area that I live in-but those guys/gal are DEFINITELY normal in a nerdy way, which is refreshing.)

Dumbfish1 said:
I am equally jealous. *green*

Feb 19, 2010
The most famous person i 'met' was Jokaim Broden.
Not much of a conversation, tour plans, plans from the future, etc..
and i left my camera in the car...
He's a pretty decent guy, not likesome pop stars with their massive inflated egos judging from interviews.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
I met Morgan Freeman at a Robotics competition in St. Louis, Missouri
while it was short lived, he did speak in his trademark awesome voice!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Alucard 11189 said:
Ha ha! I will dine out on the fact I had Poliakoff as a tutor for the rest of my life! I would have loved to have met Peter Cushing! Damn your father for meeting deceased english actors (grrrr....)
I'd pay! If only for the anecdotes (and maybe some face time with the man if at all possible). Now that I think about it, he and my dad would have a better conversation than I would, seeing as how he's the inorganic chemist of the family.

Dredging up my pre-teen days, Kriss Akabusi was a part-time trainer at my primary school, quite how or why I can't recall. At high school, Trevor Brooking was a guest and the prize winners (for the yearly propaganda event, that's basically what it was) all got to meet & greet him, myself included. That was pretty cool.

And then, I remembered... my entire family has (at some point) had to share tube space with that effing c Bob Crowe...