I just realized I might be kind of creepy

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Once at work someone had some jewelry stolen, including their engagement ring.

The circumstances in which they were stolen meant that it could only have been another employee. So they asked people to empty out their bags and pockets.

I did so without thinking.

Contents of my bag:
- 1 First aid kit, minor bloodstains.
- 2 pairs gloves, one pair leather (not mine) one pair fingerless.
- 1 pocket knife.
- 1 throwing knife (didn't know it was in there, thought I'd lost it months before.)
- 1 set bolt cutters.
- 1 roll duct tape.

I remember looking at it all spread out on a table, looking up at a room full of raised eyebrows and saying, "Okay, I can explain all of that."

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
SweetShark said:
If in your car had other items as well and you didn't have all the specific items in one spot, I think you are fine.
But I suggest you hide the knife. In Greece the Police can keep you in jail for that if they want.
I too live in the US as the OP replied, and I was pulled over once and the cop asked me "Do you have any weapons in the car we should know about?" I said "Other than a couple knives, officer, no sir" and the cop said "Knives? Shit who in this county doesn't have a knife in their car..."

OT: OP, I'd just say you're just adequately prepared. Were you to be a serial killer type, those items (were you intelligent enough) would already be at the place you intended to work your mischief or if said mischeif already worked, already disposed of.

Wouldn't creep me out, I used to carry various items that could have been easily mistaken for items of torture but really were mostly leatherworking tools in my trunk. Some of that shit from an outsider's point of view (mixed in with the bloody fish-hooks I had from deep-sea fishing I'd yet to clean from my last outing) might have given someone reason to be sufficiently creeped out.
Also used to carry an 8-ball (pool ball, not the other not-legal kind) wrapped in hemp on a strap around my shoulder that was used for self-defense in California... don't know how legal it was though, never looked up if it was technically a weapon or just odd-ball accessorizing. Hint: I lived on the streets in Cali for about 6-8 months, camping in the hills and such because of the dot-com bubble bursting. Said I was part of the GPS, Gutter-Punk Society... and because despite not having a car or stable job, I could get anywhere in the state within a days time without error, no matter how far out in the woods you left me.
I'm kinda creepy myself though... People have said I have dead eyes.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
Not quite a car, but...

The neighborhood I live in has relatively few children; we're in the intervening years when the old kids have grown up, but only a handful have children themselves. It's been this way for a while, and that's why, one year, I didn't happen to notice that it was only two days before Halloween when I walked up the checkout lane with nothing in my basket but two large bags of apples- and a big box of disposable razor blades. This might've been taken as a humorous coincidence, if not for my massive lumberjack beard. As I put the first bag on the belt, I realized how this would look to someone who didn't know my completely innocent purposes, but by that point, I'd've looked guilty as hell if I turned back to grab something else to try and hide it. Luckily, no one seemed to notice, but if they had...

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Well, I have Aspergers, so I guess I can't quite blame anyone for finding me just a bit uncanny valley.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
This doesn't happen to me very often, but when I worked in a general/grocery store... hoo boy. I often had many, MANY questions.

Probably the most uncomfortable order I ever put through consisted of a pregnancy test, on-sale coat hangers, canning jars, and some ice cream.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
The following is a short list of things I have in my car:

1. Rope, lots of it
2. A knife
3. A first aid kit (slightly bloody)
4. Latex gloves
5. Surgical mask
6. Goggles
7. Booties (the kind you put over your shoes)
8. A protective yellow jumpsuit (waterproof)
9. Garbage bags
10. Bleach
11. Motor oil
12. Box of matches
So fun thing. I have over 100ft of paracord in my car (and sometimes I do transport a lot of rope too especially if I'm going for play times). I have more than one knife in my car all of them hidden and usually one or two on my person. I have 3 first aid kits in my car and an additional separate box of bandaids. I have an entire box of latex gloves. I carry garbage bags (and grocery store bags). And I have a box of matches. IN ADDITION to those in my car I also carry:
2 rolls of duct tape
Bandannas
an emergency blanket (shiny and reflective)
a flashlight
2 gallons of water
2 blankets
toiletries
extra clothes(that hardly anyone's seen me wear in years)
A jacket
an uno deck
2 decks of regular playing cards (one of which is the ladies of star wars)
a deck of phase 10 cards
a mini slinky
blow pops
goo gone
deodorant
cloth bags
a blindfold
painkillers of various strengths and antacid pills
febreeze
a bungee cord
and the green gunk you can put in your tyres for a flat that I refuse to use
(amongst jumper cables and other car related things)

AND if I have my toybag I also have a flogger and various tools and instruments for hurting people (which I usually do have in my car).

But your list doesn't make me creeped out. I know a lot of people in the kink community who carry worse (and I'm working on getting two seatbelt cutters for my rope work and just in case something happens in my car so one would go in toybag (or on keychain) and the other stay in my car.

Oh and I have handcuffs in my toy bag. Soooo....yeah.

but everything in my car has a reasonable use. Paracord to tie my trunk down (I have a hatchback car so sometimes I have big things that make me not able to close my trunk) and sometimes I use the bungee cord to do that too. Duct tape is for repairing my driver's side windowsill thing because the lining is cracking and pinches the hell out of my arm when I hang it out the window. Goo gone is to clean the duct tape off the door before putting more on. Febreeze because you never know when you need it. Cloth bags for when I go to the library and buy/check out books in bulk. blindfold, blankets, jacket, and clothing because sometimes I wind up not making it home and staying somewhere else (same goes for toiletries and deodorant. Flashlight, emergency blanket, bandannas because emergency preparedness just in case (because I like to go hiking and stuff and usually carry that stuff on me when I hike as well as telling people where I'm hiking and about how long I'll be home. Knives because I don't feel safe being read as innocent female (regardless of not identifying as female) and they have multiple uses including for tearing duct tape. painkillers and antacids because I get really bad headaches sometimes. first aid kits of varying sizes so I can be prepared for anything. Gloves for if I'm doing first aid on someone bleeding (I also am first aid/cpr certified). Entertainment stuff because for a while I was winding up a lot at beaches with groups of people and we wanted stuff to do.

And toybag is kink related and mostly for hurting others so there's that. And I have a first aid kit in there as well.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
sky14kemea said:
I also have a kukri in my bedroom.
*looks at you with wide anime eyes* THOSE ARE SO PRETTY! CAN I SEE A PHOTO OF IT PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
I used to drive fifty miles to work (each way) so kept sweet treats in the glove box to give me a bit of a sugar rush when I felt sleepy - though of course, keeping sweeties in the glove box got a remark from pretty much every friend I gave a lift to whom found them (general in the voice of old man herbert, hmmm, hmmm).

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Try to buy wire coat hanger and pregnancy test at your local drugstore. It works wonderfully well together.

lacktheknack said:
This doesn't happen to me very often, but when I worked in a general/grocery store... hoo boy. I often had many, MANY questions.

Probably the most uncomfortable order I ever put through consisted of a pregnancy test, on-sale coat hangers, canning jars, and some ice cream.
This guy gets it.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Here's what you'll find in my Jeep:
2x 100' rope
numerous flashlights
numerous knives
first aid kit
2 tasers
3 pairs of gloves
3x machetes
grappling hook
binoculars
flint and steel
whetstone
lumber axe
hatchet
sledgehammer
spotlight
handcuff keys
latex gloves
garbage bags
blowgun
duct tape
gorilla tape
electrical tape
zip ties
chains
locks
baton
drone
hacksaw
sledge mallet
about 50 flares
Cameras
projector
ear plugs
goggles
lock picks
large crowbar
small prybar
Pocket Ref 4E
Maps

Sooo....yea.

Bizzaro Stormy

Oct 19, 2011
lacktheknack said:

You could try to have fun with the situation. Look meaningfully into the cashier's eyes and ask them what they're doing after work.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
So I'm taking my car in for some maintenance this week, and in preparation for that I took everything out of my car. As I was taking every object out, one by one, I noticed that if one was to look at them in a certain light they would look rather sinister together. The following is a short list of things I have in my car:

1. Rope, lots of it
2. A knife
3. A first aid kit (slightly bloody)
4. Latex gloves
5. Surgical mask
6. Goggles
7. Booties (the kind you put over your shoes)
8. A protective yellow jumpsuit (waterproof)
9. Garbage bags
10. Bleach
11. Motor oil
12. Box of matches
That's not really creepy mine is much the same but add:
Duck Tape
Electrical Tape
Gorilla Tape (Sometimes duck tape doesn't cut it.)
Super Glue
Fix-A-Flat
Anti-Freeze
Break Down kit(Road flares, two multifunction utility lights, simple spare parts, automotive fuses, cable chains for the tires, a battery powered battery jumper, two gallons of water, and etc...)
A little back pack full of snacks.
And When I'm in it:
A large cosmetics kit(Gets stored in the trunk)
A spare outfit(Same as above)
A locking handgun case
A cable lock for the handgun
My Handgun.

The handgun also goes in the trunk in it's locking case, with the cable lock stringed through and the case locked, for those times I have to go into a gun free establishment.