I killed a woman...LOL JK I don't drive in the kitchen!

Velvo

Jan 25, 2010
Swollen Goat said:
The media has been calling men idiots for decades now. It was either be just as rude to women, or be nice to everybody. And there was no way being nice was going to win.
Yeah, as though winning were the goal. Who wins when we are all turned against each other, resenting each other for joking about our perceived differences?

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
@The OP: If you think those jokes are bad, look up The Spearhead. You haven't seen true horror yet.

As for my opinion on the jokes, I actually make a good bit of them myself, but they're all in jest. I wish I could say the same of others.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
BlindMessiah94 said:
Dags90 said:
I think it's mostly a variety of Dead Baby Comedy.
Which are just racist jew jokes in disguise.

Seriously try replacing most of those dead baby jokes with with jew as the noun.

Because in all honesty, why would jokes about dead babies be popular? No, they are covering up a much larger truth.
Wait, if you change out the subject matter in a joke then the joke becomes about the new subject? MY MIND IS BLOWN.
Haha, yes smart guy very aptly observed.

It is about the context more than that. Like the "What's the difference between a dead baby and a pizza? A pizza doesn't scream when you put it in the oven..." type of jokes. You know, the ones that directly refer to holocaustesque acts.

But you don't have to take my word for it. I dunno, maybe if somebody bothers to search they will find out if those dead baby jokes were first written as jew jokes or not.
I'm way too lazy though :|

Sep 6, 2009
BlindMessiah94 said:
DeadlyYellow said:
BlindMessiah94 said:
Dags90 said:
I think it's mostly a variety of Dead Baby Comedy.
Which are just racist jew jokes in disguise.

Seriously try replacing most of those dead baby jokes with with jew as the noun.

Because in all honesty, why would jokes about dead babies be popular? No, they are covering up a much larger truth.
Wait, if you change out the subject matter in a joke then the joke becomes about the new subject? MY MIND IS BLOWN.
Haha, yes smart guy very aptly observed.

It is about the context more than that. Like the "What's the difference between a dead baby and a pizza? A pizza doesn't scream when you put it in the oven..." type of jokes. You know, the ones that directly refer to holocaustesque acts.

But you don't have to take my word for it. I dunno, maybe if somebody bothers to search they will find out if those dead baby jokes were first written as jew jokes or not.
I'm way too lazy though :|
If I were going to make that joke I'd just say Jew.

Jew jokes are Jew jokes and dead baby jokes are dead baby jokes.

And then there are other jokes like Nickelback and women's rights.

ba dum tis

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
I don't mand them out loud, it's usually all in the tone of voice, and you can tell who is joking for a reaction and who is an arsehole and needs to be bitchslapped.

Online, it's a little more difficult. Which is why I don't tell them online. And I also steer clear of groups, etc. that use these kind of jokes, as the lack of subtle tones means people react in very crude ways.

When in doubt, don't. And if you can, chances are you have a group of friends who are very in tune with your sense of humour.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Disaster Button said:
I find sexist, racist, etc jokes hilarious but that doesn't mean I'm racist or sexist or anything, they're just hilarious.
Aye same. Although some are just plain stupid :p

Slick Samurai

Jul 3, 2009
I believe it's a combination of this generation's over-exposer to dark and shock humor (as opposed to something witty) and over-exposer to feminists. Aggravation and irritation caused by the more extreme feminists make the generation more likely to target women as the punching bag for their predictable, humorless jokes.

Chivalry is dead and this generation is beating the bloody spot where it used to be.

masakoz

Mar 12, 2009
Swollen Goat said:
The media has been calling men idiots for decades now. It was either be just as rude to women, or be nice to everybody. And there was no way being nice was going to win.
thee child speaks the truth.

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
Layz92 said:
It's all about shock, crude humour. The humour is in the shock of saying something that would not be considered socially acceptable (depends on the society but whatever). The joke in the thread title is funny because when done well the humour is in the surprise twist to sexism not the actual "lolololololol women should be in the kitchen" part.
True. And it is the same as toilet humor but as the shocking things become used people need other ways to shock the public. Society and the culture behind that society.

Same way why people refer to british humor as separate humor. It depends on the culture. (I was watching the Green Wing series the other day and boy that series is odd. Plainly odd. Not shocking or anything. Just odd and boring. So close to the series called Spaced but I find Spaced to be very funny.)

Well I lost myself on the joke thing. Anyways. I respect women of the internet societys like in real life.

Mr.Pandah said:
Is it just going too far sometimes? Or is it all in good fun? I'm sure a lot of these don't have anything behind them, but when is enough really just enough?
When the joke is enough people should know it but they rarely do and the comments become racist and abusive.

Sometimes the lack of self expression or not understanding the opposite side of the conversation becomes verbal abuse. Ignorance. Like in made up example:

Woman: "What do you think is the status of women in modern politics?"
Moron: "Go to kitchen you idiot!"

The abuse is always simple compared to the constructive conversation.

And surely there is the fear of men, that women will undermine the manly status of men in different social and cultural areas.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Interesting responses for the most part...I'd like to just clear a few things up.

I personally am not affected by these jokes, being a white male, I've had the good grace of not having many jokes slated towards me. If they are, I'm apparently a red-neck, but there has never been a surge like I have seen with these women jokes. I'm also not particularly advocating getting rid of them, or any jokes for that matter. I just wanted to see how you all felt about it.

As for some people who have said that they stopped reading at Facebook...why? Is it too low-brow? Do only dumb people use Facebook or something? I don't understand this stigmata that Facebook has undertaken. It is...odd to say the least, coming from another website online.

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
Diagonal Horizontality said:
Brevity may be the soul of wit, but schadenfreude is the heart of humour.
I love the word "Schadenfreude." To answer the question of this thread, jokes that are racist, sexist and so on are told because of their taboo-ness in our modern society, a society that tries to see itself as free from any sort of discrimination when really that's just a nice blanket over a bed made out of hatred.

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
blalien said:
I will unleash my repertoire of sexist jokes if at least one person asks for it.
Shoot.

My mum's a feminist, and even she finds them funny.

Besides, women make fun of men too. It's not a deliberate and serious attempt at discrimination, but rather one half of a genre of comedic gender-based generalisation.

Example:

Women: Men eat like pigs, and only ever think about sex.
Men: Women should live in the kitchen.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Sleekgiant said:
Mr.Pandah said:
"socially acceptable"
I don't know about socially acceptable, try telling that in front of a woman and see how many lawsuits hit you. Its more of the fact people are desensitized these days, thus it does not bother them to make or laugh at these kind of jokes.
But if they are desensitized, then why would anyone get hit with a lawsuit?

SpecklePattern said:
Layz92 said:
It's all about shock, crude humour. The humour is in the shock of saying something that would not be considered socially acceptable (depends on the society but whatever). The joke in the thread title is funny because when done well the humour is in the surprise twist to sexism not the actual "lolololololol women should be in the kitchen" part.
True. And it is the same as toilet humor but as the shocking things become used people need other ways to shock the public. Society and the culture behind that society.

Same way why people refer to british humor as separate humor. It depends on the culture. (I was watching the Green Wing series the other day and boy that series is odd. Plainly odd. Not shocking or anything. Just odd and boring. So close to the series called Spaced but I find Spaced to be very funny.)

Well I lost myself on the joke thing. Anyways. I respect women of the internet societys like in real life.

Mr.Pandah said:
Is it just going too far sometimes? Or is it all in good fun? I'm sure a lot of these don't have anything behind them, but when is enough really just enough?
When the joke is enough people should know it but they rarely do and the comments become racist and abusive.

Sometimes the lack of self expression or not understanding the opposite side of the conversation becomes verbal abuse. Ignorance. Like in made up example:

Woman: "What do you think is the status of women in modern politics?"
Moron: "Go to kitchen you idiot!"

The abuse is always simple compared to the constructive conversation.

And surely there is the fear of men, that women will undermine the manly status of men in different social and cultural areas.
"We're men! We're manly men!" *cough* Sorry about that. I suppose so. I think its more of this online sensation that intrigues me though about it.

Hobo Joe said:
Diagonal Horizontality said:
Brevity may be the soul of wit, but schadenfreude is the heart of humour.
I love the word "Schadenfreude." To answer the question of this thread, jokes that are racist, sexist and so on are told because of their taboo-ness in our modern society, a society that tries to see itself as free from any sort of discrimination when really that's just a nice blanket over a bed made out of hatred.
Like I've said before though, I think the most interesting thing is the fact that people (by large, up to hundreds of thousands) "like" these groups on Facebook. Then when someone makes a group saying "Hey woman go and....relax while I make a sandwich for you.", they are assaulted by men and women whom are telling them to get their panties out of a knot and just go along with the jokes.

Why should they be accepted when so many other jokes would never see the light of day? (This question isn't aimed specifically at you, nor do I support the censorship of these jokes)

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Long as they're funny. However people should lay off if people are getting bothered. Also guys who want to have girlfriends should probably avoid them. Guys with girlfriends should avoid them more.

Just need to realize people may look at you poorly for them.

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
blalien said:
I_am_a_Spoon said:
blalien said:
I will unleash my repertoire of sexist jokes if at least one person asks for it.
Shoot.
Offensive jokes below. You have been warned:

How do you know a woman's about to say something intelligent?
When she begins with, "A man once told me."

Why do women have smaller feet than men?
So they can stand closer to the sink.

What do you call a woman who has lost 95% of her intelligence?
Divorced.

What do you do when your dishwasher stops working?
You slap her.

Why can't Helen Keller drive?
Because she's a woman.

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Nothing you haven't told her twice already.

Why do blondes often have sores around their belly buttons?
Because blonde men are stupid too.

Why do Jewish men get circumcised?
Because Jewish women won't touch anything that's not twenty percent off.
Those were great, especially the ones toward the end. :D

Ta.