I may never purchase another EA game so long as I live.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
Team Fortress 2 for the 360.

Hopefully I'll be getting an Asus G73jh soon, which should be able to play it and then some.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
SODAssault said:
Treblaine said:
I see you have discovered H1 tags. good for you

Pro Tip: buy the PC version which uses dedicated servers, pick the server with the right lag.

PM with details me if your PC is not up to scratch and I'll advise you on upgrade options.
Actually, the H1 tags are old news to me. They're just generally frowned upon in normal use, and I figured I'd be able to get away with using them for once since I'm the OP.

And regarding the PC version, well, I can't afford to upgrade my PC. That's the reason why I'm primarily a 360 gamer. Believe you me, if I had the funds to deck out the monstrous quad-core humming quietly in the other room, I would've been all over that a long time ago.
My friend, things have changed in component pricing and performance, not only will you do well on a dual-core with Bad Company 2 but AMD triple cores are only about $80 and might I suggest the $60 ATI Radeon 4670 which hugely outperforms Xbox 360.

Remember, You only NEED a "monstrous quad core" if you HAVE to max-out all the settings on every PC game you play. But you don't necessarily have to. But even the lowest settings are higher than the settings Xbox 360 uses. If you really want to solve your lag problem for good, PC is the way.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Treblaine said:
My friend, things have changed in component pricing and performance, not only will you do well on a dual-core with Bad Company 2 but AMD triple cores are only about $80 and might I suggest the $60 ATI Radeon 4670 which hugely outperforms Xbox 360.

Remember, You only NEED a "monstrous quad core" if you HAVE to max-out all the settings on every PC game you play. But you don't necessarily have to. But even the lowest settings are higher than the settings Xbox 360 uses. If you really want to solve your lag problem for good, PC is the way.
Well, as it stands, my budget is so tight that it would be a bad idea to drive down to the local drugstore and buy a soda. But once I've got some financial freedom, you'll be the first one I talk to about slapping together a quality rig.

jeejvebe

Jun 3, 2010
GTAIV for the Steam. Oh god, the pain. A big reason why I ended up making the switch to PS3 (and Mac, for that matter).

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
I will never buy an EA game either. I bought the second rts Lord of the Rings game and the game was COMPLETELY imbalanced and EA refused to do anything decent, throwing a few patches out that really never realized the game's full potential. Thankfully, I found a mod that completely re-did the balance butchering that EA managed to pull off, so I didn't need to throw the discs out the window.

My biggest fault with EA is that they seem like the first to buy up rights and use the source material to capitalize off of the latest film or whatever, and utterly destroy what could have been a good game. Look at that Conquest of Middle Earth game: terrible reviews and everything, great premise (lord of the rings + star wars battlefront). Mind, I am not really a lord of the rings fan, but I believe that truly excellent games could have been produced by a competent developer.

Digital_Utopia

Mar 20, 2009
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
I will never buy an EA game either. I bought the second rts Lord of the Rings game and the game was COMPLETELY imbalanced and EA refused to do anything decent, throwing a few patches out that really never realized the game's full potential. Thankfully, I found a mod that completely re-did the balance butchering that EA managed to pull off, so I didn't need to throw the discs out the window.

My biggest fault with EA is that they seem like the first to buy up rights and use the source material to capitalize off of the latest film or whatever, and utterly destroy what could have been a good game. Look at that Conquest of Middle Earth game: terrible reviews and everything, great premise (lord of the rings + star wars battlefront). Mind, I am not really a lord of the rings fan, but I believe that truly excellent games could have been produced by a competent developer.
Agreed. That's the one thing that makes me so frustrated. They have the money, they have the licensing - and for most developers that would be all they need to make a game for the ages. EA however, just skimps by with the bare minimum.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Colonel Alzheimer said:
ejb626 said:
Crap, now I'm questioning weather I should buy this game, I was going to by it for the multiplayer but if its a lagstorm then no thanks, is anyone here playing the console version and not getting lag?
I play the console version and very rarely suffer from lag, dunno what OP is talking about. Lag in Bad Company is better than it is in MW2 and way, WAY better than it can be in Gears 2.
OT: No, I don't believe a game developer has ever fucked me before.
That's good I think I'll still get, the single player supposed to be pretty good.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Treblaine said:
Thedayrecker said:
SODAssault said:
You aren't gonna buy another EA game? Not even Mass Effect 3?

OT: The pc port of Saints Row 2 was god-awful and made me temporarily suicidal. Unfortunatly, the game was so fun, I managed to play through the stuttering FPS.
was that the game, or something on your PC bottle-necking performance?
My PC surpassed all the requirements and the patches did nothing for XP.

The patches they made only affected Vista and Windows 7, cause I recently upgraded to 7 and it works fine now.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
So you won't buy another EA game because one of their games has a lot of lag lately when playing online?

Seems like a pretty thin excuse.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Welcome to the Hate EA team, sadly you are only 2 decades to late, with EA's hostile takeover of Westwood games. Deciding to make RTS's unbelievably dull and without any depth beyond a pond. Copy-paste-copy-paste-copy-paste-copy-paste-ea-copy-paste.