i miss the escapist

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
crimson5pheonix said:
Besides, it's no rumor that Topaz was insulting other users while in the group.
Umm, once again, anyone have any evidence of this?

Because all we ever seem to have are first-hand anecdotal accounts, -- accounts which vary wildly from person to person. (Some people are saying "screenshots" were posted, others are saying "insults" were posted. ... I'm half expecting someone else to come along and say that "nudes" were posted, next.)

I was in the Brovengers group in its last few dying days, and I saw no evidence of any "insults" or "screenshots" or anything else, even after paging back a significant number of pages.
If your first-hand anecdotal account is valid, then mine is equally as valid.

All I'm trying to do is battle my way through the narratives, and nail down exactly what happened. (Because it's no secret that I HATE made-up narratives.)

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
sky14kemea said:
I don't see how it's relevant considering he's no longer a member of the site.
This question isn't related to anyone in particular... but, we're allowed to insult people who are no longer members of the site, correct?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
sky14kemea said:
I don't see how it's relevant considering he's no longer a member of the site. If you want more clarification about that situation you're better off asking the Staff instead of circulating more rumours without knowing which is true or false.
This thread was created by a person that supposedly liked old escapist better, thus discussing changes that happened is directly related to this discussion. Removal of a mod is one of such changes. As i already stated, staff did not make any official statements even after promising to do so.

Capcha: you're not listening

well, um, ok then.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
IceForce said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Besides, it's no rumor that Topaz was insulting other users while in the group.
Umm, once again, anyone have any evidence of this?

Because all we ever seem to have are first-hand anecdotal accounts, -- accounts which vary wildly from person to person. (Some people are saying "screenshots" were posted, others are saying "insults" were posted. ... I'm half expecting someone else to come along and say that "nudes" were posted, next.)

I was in the Brovengers group in its last few dying days, and I saw no evidence of any "insults" or "screenshots" or anything else, even after paging back a significant number of pages.
If your first-hand anecdotal account is valid, then mine is equally as valid.

All I'm trying to do is battle my way through the narratives, and nail down exactly what happened. (Because it's no secret that I HATE made-up narratives.)
I saw every post in question. Most of the active Brovengers did. Problem is, none of that's going to matter, because many of the people who were ready to light the pyre under Topaz's feet before actual evidence was found are the same people who are continuing to spread misinformation about it to this day. No first-hand account will matter, because it doesn't fit whatever narrative they've subscribed to.

For those willing to read a first hand account, I'll be perfectly happy to explain:

Topaz, on about two or three occasions, posted blurbs from some unspecified chat on this site regarding GG. He never shared the identity of the posters he was quoting, nor did he share with us where the posts came from. I remember this quite well considering I asked him where he'd found them in Brovengers chat (if its archived somewhere you should see it, as none of my posts were deleted), and he said he couldn't tell us. I honestly don't remember if they were screenshots or just text quotes, but if they were screenshots the posters' names were removed.

I don't remember the context of the posts he shared, but he wasn't shaming any specific users or anything like that. I don't even think he provided any commentary either. IIRC he just kinda dropped them out of context like you'd see on the Escapist.txt twitter account.

EDIT: And sorry Sky, I'm just trying to set the record straight here.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I doubt this last line of questioning is going to yield any happy results, so let's leave it here.

IceForce said:
This question isn't related to anyone in particular... but, we're allowed to insult people who are no longer members of the site, correct?
That is correct. You will note, however, that even though that user's profile has been cleared of information, it has not been deleted. MovieBob no longer works for The Escapist, but he last logged in yesterday. So I'd like to add for the benefit of anyone who feels like being snide: if you're someone who likes to habitually use loopholes in the rules to mock and insult others on the site, you probably shouldn't be posting here at all.

I don't see any reason for this thread to continue and it probably should have been locked before it got this far.