I need a certain kinda game..

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Hey Escapists.. yet again i need your help :) for a while ive been playing stealth games and i love them to death its my fav genre even with action mixed in (Dishonored, FC3(the stealth is awesome))

but now ... i got the cravings after rewatching a old bleach episode...

i need a game where you are 1 character (not a team or RTS/strategy... a person all the way through) .. to be a overpowered son of a ***** of a character.. RPG.. 3rd person.. FPS.. i dont care.. i just need something where you can blow shit up.. BUT! not with guns.. that is to easy.. it has to be with like spells, abilites.. i already got Star Wars The Force unleashed.. its all good and such.. but i need atm destruction on a big scale :p

here's a clip from the episodes ive rewatched.. so you can get a idea of what im talking about..

skip to around 05:05.. you will get the idea :p

last time i remember playing a game with that kinda destructable force was the old mod to half life .. pretty much DragonBall mod :p where you could power up and just annihilate an entire map

EDIT:
I have played
Metal Gear Rising (completed it way to many times now... amazing game.. though need to buy the Jetstream Sam DLC)
Prototype 1 & 2
InFamous 1 & 2 (looking forward for the new one)
DmC
Magicka

xefaros

Jun 27, 2012
Powerlevel the shit out of skyrim's magic.Or Saint's Row 3 a extreme game with cheezy humor and hard to die mechanics.Or set any game to easier setting.I cannot think any current game with ingenious abilities to revitalize what infamous and prototype did.

And since you said no guns i wont add the extreme FC3:BD

Sealpower

Jun 7, 2010
Abusing the magic system in Oblivion might sounds like it's right up your alley then.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
the problem with skyrims magic system.. its kinda borked when you get higher lvl :p but yes.. i might look into skyrim again..

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
xefaros said:
I cannot think any current game with ingenious abilities to revitalize what infamous and prototype did.
Well, then why not Prototype or its sequel? OP made no mention of having played either of them, and they're pretty much all about rampant destruction. Does take a few hours to unlock the really fun abilities, though...

Magicka might do a bit to alleviate your needs, OP. You can mix and match various 'elements' of magic, and I believe pretty much every NPC in the game is killable, even ones that give you quests. Some of the magic combinations are quite amusing and fun to behold, as well.

A few hack&slash games might be up your alley too, at least on Normal difficulties or what have you. Devil May Cry 3, 4, DmC: Devil May Cry, or Metal Gear Rising could be worth checking out. MGR in particular is extremely over-the-top and filled with some of the most ridiculous high-octane action moments I've seen.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
yeah sorry actually an error on my part not informing what i have played :p but yeah.. completed MGR 4-5 times, Magicka also, DmC: Devil May Cry aswell :) prototype 1 & 2 completed aswell x)

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Yep, Prototype and Infamous would be the best picks, unless you've already played them. And as far as spectacle fighters go I'd say Bayonetta is even more over the top than the rest. But the other mentioned games are good choices, too. Borderlands could work as well, especially when you're overleveled or have found some overpowered guns (or both). Maybe Darkness, to some extent?
Also does God Hand count?

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, abusing the ES games (Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, of course) should be right down your alley. Also, make sure to add mods that increase the enchangting/spellmaking/power of spells - you can KICK ASS with those. I recall there was an unlocker for Morrowind to allow you creating spells with a drastically increased cap of duration or magnitude - up to 1550 seconds and the top magnitude was something like 600 (or maybe more). It doesn't make the spells easier to cast, not by default, that is, but it does give options (and you can mod it further to be able to sling those spells like there is no tomorrow). Oblivion had a mod for more powerful enchanting - it came in several varieties, one making it 10 times more potent, for example. And so on.

There is also Fable - another easily exploitable game. You can break the economy really early for infinite money, large amounts of XP are also easy to obtain. You become a walking GOD among men. Oh, and it's incredibly hard to die, even by default.

But what I think you'll like a lot, is Prototype - it's al about being an overpowered badass set loose in the city. From what I hear, inFamous is the same, so maybe it's worth looking into it as well.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
EvilMaggot said:
the problem with skyrims magic system.. its kinda borked when you get higher lvl :p but yes.. i might look into skyrim again..
Obviously you never learned the Lightning Storm master level destruction spell. Ain't nothing boring about shooting off your very own Kamehameha wave in Skyrim. If you have the knock back perk, it'll stun lock dragons so they can barely attack.

Edit: Now I happened to notice you said "borked" not "boring". :/

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Xarathox said:
EvilMaggot said:
Obviously you never learned the Lightning Storm master level destruction spell. Ain't nothing boring about shooting off your very own Kamehameha wave in Skyrim. If you have the knock back perk, it'll stun lock dragons so they can barely attack.
i got them all :) its a really nice ability but playing on expert at lvl 40+ ... things dont really die so quick :p

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
EvilMaggot said:
Xarathox said:
EvilMaggot said:
i got them all :) its a really nice ability but playing on expert at lvl 40+ ... things dont really die so quick :p
Notice my edit. I caught what you meant too late. >.<

Anywho, you can always drop it down to easy-peasy mode to feel like all powerful. And of course, there are mods if you have the PC version that fix the scaling problem it has on higher difficulty levels.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Xarathox said:
EvilMaggot said:
Xarathox said:
EvilMaggot said:
Notice my edit. I caught what you meant too late. >.<

Anywho, you can always drop it down to easy-peasy mode to feel like all powerful. And of course, there are mods if you have the PC version that fix the scaling problem it has on higher difficulty levels.
ofcourse i have the pc version :p gonna look into it.. got a mod that up's the amount of enemies spawned... so with a op magic mod.. should do the trick..hmm

Luca72

Dec 6, 2011
You said you've played DmC. Have you tried DMC3 on the PS2? The enemies are way more difficult and crowd control isn't as easy, but you have more combat options. The fact that the game is legit difficult but you still get to play as an overpowered badass puts it right up your alley!

xefaros

Jun 27, 2012
shrekfan246 said:
xefaros said:
I cannot think any current game with ingenious abilities to revitalize what infamous and prototype did.
Well, then why not Prototype or its sequel? OP made no mention of having played either of them, and they're pretty much all about rampant destruction. Does take a few hours to unlock the really fun abilities, though...
I did mention them by name and pointing them as the original OP player destruction games.But does it really worth it?A reskin of Hulk with even lower texture quality than a mobile phone.Would it worth on the whim of the OP to pay 20? on steam for a game not up to par?Or even the sequel that classifies as one of the worst ports in history?
Also i assumed that since he rewatched that episode he already had intrerest on those tittles and tested them

And i nailed it...

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
xefaros said:
shrekfan246 said:
xefaros said:
I did mention them by name and pointing them as the original OP player destruction games.But does it really worth it?A reskin of Hulk with even lower texture quality than a mobile phone.Would it worth on the whim of the OP to pay 20? on steam for a game not up to par?Or even the sequel that classifies as one of the worst ports in history?
Also i assumed that since he rewatched that episode he already had intrerest on those tittles and tested them

And i nailed it...
Apologies, the way you phrased it sounded like you weren't actually suggesting them, just mentioning them in passing.

As for Prototype, it may not be a "pretty" game but I consider it to be fun enough to be worth it, yes. Prototype 2 has a terrible PC port, but it's just fine on consoles or a powerful enough PC.

But since the OP has already played all of the games I've mentioned with the possible exception of Devil May Cry 3 and 4, I don't think I really have anything more to add to this thread.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Dude... sounds like you've gotta play some Beyonetta!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdMr-uVzxuU

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
I don't suppose you've ever played any of the Godzilla fighting games (to be specific, Destroy All Monsters Melee, Save the Earth, and Unleashed)? Availability could be an issue, since they're not on Steam and are all old/obscure enough that you're not likely to find them on any store shelves - Amazon's basically your only hope at this point - but if cathartic, large-scale destruction is what you're after, I have yet to play any better alternatives. Not only is the fighting itself nicely empowering thanks largely to the weight and impact behind the monsters' attacks and movement, but there are few game experiences more satisfying than beginning a battle in an intact Tokyo or New York and finishing it with the realization, as you triumphantly roar over your opponent's lifeless body, that you are standing in the middle of a smoking crater.

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
An Elder Scrolls game with the Midas Magic mod perhaps?

All I can think of other than what's already been mentioned.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Try "Asura's Wrath." It's pretty much a video game version of crazy anime fight scenes.

It's a hack and slash game where you play a demi-god, and the game does a good job making you feel like your character really is a super powerful god.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I honestly think the Force Unleashed is about the best you're going to get in terms of in-game destructive ability, if I'm correct in assuming things done in cutscenes and scripted events don't count. Maybe mods for Oblivion or Skyrim might be good.