I need a new GBA game

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
I spend over an hour every day on the train travelling to/from work and I play my GBA but I need a new game. I bought Pokemon LeafGreen when I started commuting around 5 months ago. my current games are:
LeafGreen
Breath of Fire 1&2
Golden Sun & The Lost Age
Mario Kart

in the 5 months I've done Golden Sun 1, Breath of Fire II and I'm nearing the end of my 5th run of LeafGreen. I would play Lost Age but i've leant it to a friend so though about getting a new game, but what?

I've been thinking about getting Final Fantasy 1&2, played #2 on an emulator years ago but didn't finish it (slightly cocked it up) or maybe getting the Phantasy Star games (i'm a huge fan of PSO) but FF is more appealing. I've played and completed A Link to the Past before so not wanting to get that and i've given Metroid Fusion a go but, again, not wanting to buy it.

Any other suggestions? don't suggest I get a DS of 3DS, can't afford it, just want a nice cheap game to keep me occupied on the train.

Thanks

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Wario Land 4, Yoshi's Island, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. Those are the best games I can think of off the top of my head.

callit4

Dec 31, 2010
I recommend all of the Metroid games and all of the Megaman games. (Metroid zero mission would be my top pick).

bluebomber138

Apr 18, 2011
callit4 said:
I recommend all of the Metroid games and all of the Megaman games. (Metroid zero mission would be my top pick).
Agreed. Another good choice would be Pokemon Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, or the Fire Emblem series.

mwpher

Jul 1, 2011
I always loved the Megaman Battle Network series, particularly 4 Blue Moon (the most balanced and high-quality one in my fairly useless opinion). You'll get a fairly large amount of time out of it.

Switchblade1080

Apr 5, 2011
I suggest
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story [(RPG with a mix of Tales and Armored-core (since you craft a variety of weapons yourself)] (You can start with Swordcraft Story 2 if you want, the only similarity between the 2 games is the World it takes place in)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance [Tactical RPG]
Gunstar Heroes [Side-scroller]
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town [Farm Simulation]
Riviera: The Promised Land [Visual Novel psuedo-RPG]
Yggdra Union: We'll never Fight Alone [Tactical "guerrilla" psuedo-RPG]

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
The Mega Man Zero franchise is amazing...if you like very difficult games and mastering them with the precision of a ninja. The Mega Man Zero games are the only games that have mad me feel like a complete and utter badass without playing each individual game for over 25+ hours.

EDIT: Just take a look at this MMZ1 speed-run:

[youtube:fXPC3JTRC4o]

While you don't have to be that good to beat the game, you at least have to be 3/4s of the awesome that was presented in the video.

CommieX

Aug 3, 2011
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is good if you want a timesink (be warned, it's nowhere near as good as the original, so don't expect it to be)

On top of that I second Mario and Luigi, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars 1&2.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Advanced Wars was pretty good, if you're looking for a strategy game.
yes, and Fire Emblem as well if you like a more fantasy RPG flavor to strategy as well. Also, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga for anyone with a love of good writing, humor and a great semi-real time battle system.

EDIT: DAMN IT! NINJA'D

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Might check out Mario Golf Advance. I loved the hell out of that game even though I don't really care for sports and golf for that matter. It is addictive with RPG elements.

CommieX

Aug 3, 2011
gideonkain said:
If you haven't played the 3 Castlevania (Metroidvania) games your missing out
Holy wow, how'd I forget these games.

Aria of Sorrow is the best out of the 3, and the second best Metroidvania-era Castlevania game I've played. So if you're only getting one, get that one.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
I mean, you might be sick of Pokémon now, but I enjoyed every moment of Emerald, it was one of the most interesting Pokémon regions to explore since my days in Johto. If you do get it, make sure it's definitely not a fake version, or it will delete your save close to the end of the game (the league that is).

I also recommend the first two Harry Potter games for GBC.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Pokémon Emerald. Mainly because you get both of the legendaries that appeared in Ruby and Sapphire.

Advance Wars 2 remains one of my favourite games ever.

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
otakon17 said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Advanced Wars was pretty good, if you're looking for a strategy game.
yes, and Fire Emblem as well if you like a more fantasy RPG flavor to strategy as well.
EDIT: DAMN IT! NINJA'D
Both are great series. Advanced wars because its challenging and strategic, and fire emblem because of its good narrative (and because who doesn't love Dorcus?)

I would also recommend Final fantasy six (I think it is 3 in Japan ? That always confuses me. The one with Kafka and opera) Its a really good game if your looking for an RPG with a good length and very good characters.

Galaxy Roll

Jul 28, 2011
mwpher said:
I always loved the Megaman Battle Network series, particularly 4 Blue Moon (the most balanced and high-quality one in my fairly useless opinion). You'll get a fairly large amount of time out of it.
I prefer Battle Network 6, Cybeast Gregar myself. The permanent health loss for dark chips in 4 was really lame in my opinion.

Now I need to dig through my collection of GBA titles real quick and toss some things out there...

Final Fantasy VI Advance

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Metroid Fusion

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Metroid Zero Mission

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

Wario Land 4

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Version (Go with Ruby because)

Sonic Advance 3

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Megaman Battle Network series (3, 4, and 6 particularly)

Yoshi's Island

Sonic Advance 2

Advance Wars, all of them

Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Megaman Zero 1, 2, 3, and 4

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Sonic Pinball Party

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

I'll probably think of others later, too