I need a RPG

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Captain_Maku said:
One everyone seems to miss out for some reason is FATE. Well, it may be because it's more of a dungeon crawler with RPG elements, but hear me out XD
I love that game, and heartily recommend it.

There is a sequel out there somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember what the subtitle is XD But check it out, seriously :D
I've tried it, liked it, but then i got Torchlight which you may be refering to as "the sequel" :)

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
I'm pretty sure older RPGs like Baulders Gate or Icewind Dale will give you the RPG you want, since you seem to have played everything else.

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
I always liked the Dungeon Siege games.

Though it's worth noting that the original one won't work if you've got Vista... *sulk*

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Kris015 said:
Captain_Maku said:
One everyone seems to miss out for some reason is FATE. Well, it may be because it's more of a dungeon crawler with RPG elements, but hear me out XD
I love that game, and heartily recommend it.

There is a sequel out there somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember what the subtitle is XD But check it out, seriously :D
I've tried it, liked it, but then i got Torchlight which you may be refering to as "the sequel" :)
I really need to try out Torchlight - it's been recommended to me before and I've never gotten around to playing it.
And no; I actually just Googled it 'cause I'm feeling less lazy. The sequel I was actually looking for is FATE 2: Undiscovered Realms. Which is essentially the same game in a different place. As with most sequels these days, I guess XD

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
McNinja said:
I'm pretty sure older RPGs like Baulders Gate or Icewind Dale will give you the RPG you want, since you seem to have played everything else.
Yeah... I kinda have those too :p

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Well your local gun shop is bound to have one, or if you need to go to the black market....oh you meant those rpg's *SIIIIIIIGH* :[ but Fable is always a good choice.

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
Planescape: Torment
Its pretty much baldurs gate 2 but darker and more dialog/logic driven.
Most intelligent plot I ever saw in a game.
Intelligent..weird way to describe a plot..anyway brilliant dialog best i've seen so far.
It's infinity engine (like Baldurs Gate2 icewind-dale etc) but you can get a mod for high resolution.
Its certainly the best rpg of that era. Newer ones well, there is a new mother title that was released in 07 and has been translated since 08. If you like earthbound that might be interesting.
Gothic 2 or Risen if you are the right type of gamer for that.
Mass effect is the obvious one, though the first disn't seem as great as i remembered when i started play through two.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
A few months ago Divinity 2: Ego Draconis came out, i havent played it myself, but i hear it has dragons :p

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Volafortis said:
Dragon Age: Origins is the best modern game along those lines.
^This^

It involves Dragons and lots of equipment.

Although, Mass Effect 1 does have more equipment... not too many dragons though.

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
Kris015 said:
McNinja said:
Yeah... I kinda have those too :p
If you like those games you MUST play The Bard's Tale - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bard's_Tale_(2004_video_game) <--- you might need to copy and paste the whole link to get to the page

This was not only fun to play, but the dialogue was absolutely hilarious. The main character is voiced by Cary Elwes (Westley from The Princess Bride). It came out on the Xbox and the Playstation 2 so it should be relatively inexpensive by now. I've never played an RPG that made me laugh so hard. I highly recommend it.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Double A said:
Volafortis said:
Dragon Age: Origins is the best modern game along those lines.
^This^

It involves Dragons and lots of equipment.

Although, Mass Effect 1 does have more equipment... not too many dragons though.
Yeah, but i have both Dragon Age and Mass Effect 1 and 2 :)
(Great games! Absolutely amazing)