I need help on picking a band name?

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
arc101 said:
Okay, our "brilliant" guitarist chose the name 'lake' when the band was totally different. Then we had a different line up and different sound. So now we need a knew band name and our guitarist, the genius he is, is coming up with the worst names known to man.

Okay, I though of the name 'Four to Doomsday' because it sounds quite cool, but he keeps coming up with names like 'blind' and 'buzzkill', So I have come crawling to the internet to help us think of a name that isn't god awful!!
Hedge clipper

:D

kudos if you get the reference :p

Silent Rob

Oct 24, 2008
How old are you guys? Cus if your still rather 'youthful' how about Unemployed Youth? Although it sounds like the kind of name that might already be taken... But hey just throwin' it out there.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I've always been fond of Wilkerson's Bionic Shenanigans. If you don't like that and/or you're a metal band then go to wikipedia an click random 3 times and that page title will be a kickass band name.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
BobDobolina said:
Black Magic Angus.

I've been trying to get someone to use this name forever.
I officially call DIBS for my band that me and a few others are forming when we're out of school.

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
I once saw the cd cover of a nazi punk band and they were called The 4-Skins. Not sure if it'll help but I felt compelled to share.

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
i would say the name should fit the band, such as;

Cupa Nuudles = Alt. Rock

Kapow! = High Energy Music

Arcane Infinity = Misc.

UggBoot

Nov 2, 2010
If it's a heavy metal band, i'd call it 'lithium'.
Lithium is a heavy metal that can be used as a mood-stabiliser on psycotic teenagers. How ironic.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
If its a metal band then "WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" would be a good one

Y'know like at the start of this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gCgluVD0Aw

Otherwise umm "Do I Need A Band Name" if you want to make an ironic statement maybe?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
What genre is your band?

I'm assuming metal then do 'Black Symphonics' or 'Anvilians.' I just thought up those two right now by the way.

Juggern4ut20

Aug 31, 2010
I always thought Dynamite Insurance was a sweet name because it could mean great insurance or insurance for dynamite, which makes little sense to me.