I NEED more music, and good music too.

stubbmann

Jan 25, 2008
aruseusx said:
stubbmann said:
Them Crooked Vultures and the related bands.

(that is to say, Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, and Led Zeppelin)
Hmm I don't see Kyuss on there.
Whoops. Yeah, Kyuss too. And the Desert Sessions.

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
Plazmatic said:
look I am sick and tired of the SHIT songs on the radio, and the fact that every top music site I come across has shitty music, even their supposed "top ten" aren't good.

What I need is at least some bands I can look into to get more music! At the moment I have just over 200 songs, half of which are no good.

Give me any music you think is good PLEASE. It does not matter if it's foreign or not (I am an american).

Also while your at it, what is the band that sings the song in this tribute vid? http://vimeo.com/8186760 (I cant tell if its two or one band, but if its two tell me both bands, or the name of the song(s))

If there is already a thread like this, direct me too it, search isn't working ATM
You should get RE: Your brain. It's a great song...

acklumos

May 1, 2009
Personally, my favorite band is Running Wild.
A couple of my favorite songs by them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTlhUfBLKlM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIlMNKY3RxI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WzJ2gvVp8

If you like them, the first 2 can be downloaded as MP3s from Amazon.com. The 3rd I can not find for download. They are not available on Itunes.

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
Smagmuck08 said:
Plazmatic said:
look I am sick and tired of the SHIT songs on the radio, and the fact that every top music site I come across has shitty music, even their supposed "top ten" aren't good.

What I need is at least some bands I can look into to get more music! At the moment I have just over 200 songs, half of which are no good.

Give me any music you think is good PLEASE. It does not matter if it's foreign or not (I am an american).

Also while your at it, what is the band that sings the song in this tribute vid? http://vimeo.com/8186760 (I cant tell if its two or one band, but if its two tell me both bands, or the name of the song(s))

If there is already a thread like this, direct me too it, search isn't working ATM
You should get RE: Your brain. It's a great song...
All will be put to bed, when I bash your head, ALL WE WANT TO DO IS EAT YOUR BRAIN!

Buck Wilde

Jul 15, 2009
PxDn Ninja said:
Mastadon
Metallica
3 Inches of Blood
Korpiklaani
Lordi
Fintroll
Epica
Nightwish
Turisas
Power Glove
Sabaton
Dream Evil
Behemoth
Samael
Rhapsody (of Fire)
Symphony X

And just to add a bit of fire to the thread:
I say stay away from the Beatles. Respect them for what they did for music, but unless you REALLY are into happy sounding (even the dark songs sound happy) 70s music, they aren't anything to write home about.

If you DO prefer that music, you probably won't like any of the stuff I listed. Most is in the Heavy Metal or Folk Metal genres.
I'm gonna go ahead and second well all of this, good man right there for posting that. Sabaton = win btw (although maybe its my interest in history that makes me like them)...

FalloutForever

Nov 21, 2009
Buck Wilde said:
PxDn Ninja said:
Mastadon
Metallica
3 Inches of Blood
Korpiklaani
Lordi
Fintroll
Epica
Nightwish
Turisas
Power Glove
Sabaton
Dream Evil
Behemoth
Samael
Rhapsody (of Fire)
Symphony X

I say stay away from the Beatles. Respect them for what they did for music, but unless you REALLY are into happy sounding (even the dark songs sound happy) 70s music, they aren't anything to write home about.

If you DO prefer that music, you probably won't like any of the stuff I listed. Most is in the Heavy Metal or Folk Metal genres.
I'm gonna go ahead and second well all of this, good man right there for posting that. Sabaton = win btw (although maybe its my interest in history that makes me like them)...
I agree with both these comments *thumbs up*
and to add my personal oppinion.

!!!!!!!!!!METALLICA RULES!!!!!!!!!! \m/

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
Buck Wilde said:
PxDn Ninja said:
Mastadon
Metallica
3 Inches of Blood
Korpiklaani
Lordi
Fintroll
Epica
Nightwish
Turisas
Power Glove
Sabaton
Dream Evil
Behemoth
Samael
Rhapsody (of Fire)
Symphony X

It was my interested in the works of Sun Tzu, and after hearing it, my history love kicked in as well.

Gene O

Jul 9, 2008
-Pod- said:
Classic Rock man...

Back when music was actually good... you wont hear anything nearly as good as the stuff made back in the 60's-80's...
First, the reason we don't make music today like they did in the 60's through the 80's is we don't need to. If I want to hear something that sounds like music made in the 60's, 70's or 80's I'll go listen to Simon and Garfunkel, Barry Manilow, or The Bangles. I don't need to find a contemporary band.

Second, I happen to know for a fact that many, many people in the 80's lamented that there wasn't any good music being made (there was, but no one was listening to it) and that nothing good had been made since the 50's or 60's. There's always good music being made. It's just a matter of finding it which can be, unfortunately, quite a challenge. Hence threads like these I suppose.

So to get back on topic, the Coheed and Cambria video referenced in the beginning leads me to believe that some of these older bands might be worth checking out (with favorite album):

Front Line Assembly (Caustic Grip)
Pailhead (Trait)
Einsterzende Neubauten (Haus der Luge)
Therapy (Nurse)
Pigface (Truth Will Out)

Enjoy

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Plazmatic said:
>good music
Can't go wrong with SKA. I'd look into Reel Big Fish(one of my favorite bands) and Jim's Big Ego.

There's a lot of good 60's-80's music, too. Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Aerosmith, Metallica, The Police, and so on and so forth.

If you're looking for rap music that's good, Fatboy Slim was a 90's rapper whose music was actually really great, especially when compared to today's rap.

And CAKE. CAKE is a really great band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSypnaxAlP4
They're kind of hard to explain, but they're pretty damn good.