i need more music!

jakeEHTlovless

Dec 8, 2009
okay, ive listened to alot of music, i mean all types, i dont care wat it is, if it sounds good and i can jam to it, then i listen to it. but im running out of bands and songs to think of. all im askin is you post bands and songs and video's you think are the shit and you think not alot of people have heard them. lets get the musc started

and yes, rap is apreciated

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
jakeEHTlovless said:
okay, ive listened to alot of music, i mean all types, i dont care wat it is, if it sounds good and i can jam to it, then i listen to it. but im running out of bands and songs to think of. all im askin is you post bands and songs and video's you think are the shit and you think not alot of people have heard them. lets get the musc started

All I can say is Pandora, Pandora, Pandora. Go use Pandora. I like music most of my friends don't, and whenever I'm looking for something new I just go to Pandora, pop in a favorite artist or song of mine, and let the good times roll. You can skip songs, or give them thumbs up or thumbs down if you do or don't want them to appear again on that playlist, or engage the shuffle feature to add some more variety to the playlist. There are a few ads here and there, but it's nothing worse than what you see on YouTube. I know it's a lazy answer, but if you are looking for a constant source of musical variety I can't recommend Pandora any more. The only thing Pandora can't really help you with is finding independent artists. They can only use licensed music.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
jakeEHTlovless said:

Rap music aye...

Let me introduce you to my good friend, Trip-Hop.

If you don't have the faintest idea about the genre, let me explain.

Trip-hop (or the Bristol sound), is a genre born out of Bristol's Downtempo scene in the early 90's. It fuses downtempo with complimentary Hip-Hop beats and scratching. Which gives the genre it's distinct sound. Despite not being a mainstream genre as a whole, It went on to influence mainstream music in a huge way in the coming years after it's decline in the UK in the early noughties.

Here are a few tracks from the genre, which I feel showcases the genre at it's best.

Here's some really good instrumentals as well.

Hope you like!

[Quoted from a previous topic I was in]

Tib088

Nov 28, 2009
Yellowcard! I love this band, but most of the people I have spoken to have never even heard of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVUrYCZCwY4&ob=av2e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhNqSbb8ocM

And as I write this Combichrist just came on. Their also good to me, an Agrotech band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3AoBmqElPM

There are more but thats all I can think of off the top of my head

Jukedex

Jan 11, 2012
Three songs from three different genres to try out. Somethings I have lately enjoyed listening.

Blues(?):

Orchestral

Metal:

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Jazoni89 said:
jakeEHTlovless said:

Rap music aye...

Let me introduce you to my good friend, Trip-Hop.

If you don't have the faintest idea about the genre, let me explain.

Trip-hop (or the Bristol sound), is a genre born out of Bristol's Downtempo scene in the early 90's. It fuses downtempo with complimentary Hip-Hop beats and scratching. Which gives the genre it's distinct sound. Despite not being a mainstream genre as a whole, It went on to influence mainstream music in a huge way in the coming years after it's decline in the UK in the early noughties.

Here are a few tracks from the genre, which I feel showcases the genre at it's best.

Here's some really good instrumentals as well.

Hope you like!

[Quoted from a previous topic I was in]
Oh man, I nostalgiad so hard listening to the Massive Attack song. I remember as a little kid my mom would always slot Mezzanine into the CD drive when we were driving somewhere. Really good album. Even today I listen to it from time to time. Some of the tracks cant be beaten for straight chilling out.
All I listen to when I was a child was Backstreet Boys and shit like that, so I grow rather envious that people who are exposed to great music at such a young age.

Most of the time though, it's bullshit, but that doesn't mean I don't believe you, I just find it hard to comprehend such a thing, as I have only just discovered this music not too long ago.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Ok, you asked for it! :p

Vengaboys - Vengabeat (Seriously!)

Department S - Is Vic There?

Phaeleh - Hollow

The Toy Dolls - Ernie Had A Hernia

Ghostpoet - Run Run Run (well you asked for Rap)

Flunk - Blue Monday

Wire - 12XU

A random aray of music from the far left and far right of arc of my music tastes! I didn't know what you liked so I presumed that like me: Pretty much everything!

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
SpAc3man said:
Do you like hardcore? If you do I recommend Refused. Awesome band.
And they're getting back together. So fucking psyched!

JesterRaiin said:
<link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/search/?q=new+music&cx=005672590579257297818%3Amkmrjhvsnwa&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&sa.x=0&sa.y=0>Here you are kind sir. Plenty of good sh*t there !
That was genuinely hilarious.

jakeEHTlovless said:
OT: I'm going to suggest one artist who I think EVERYONE should check out, because he is an incredible talent and deserves way more credit than he actually gets. Then I'm going to put my iTunes on shuffle and post the first 5 songs that come up. = D

So fucking awesome. This man has broadened my horizons so much. This song is best thing I heard in 2011. His entire This is Our Science album was my favourite album of 2011. The man's a genius.

Something much, much heavier. The poster boys of hardcore, they're bringing new fans to the scene without compromising the genre's integrity.

Ok so you've probably heard of these kings of DIY punk but they definitely deserve to be mentioned...so I guess it's lucky that my iTunes decided to cooperate. Anywho, this song shows a completely different side to Fat Mike; gone is the drunken, 'don't-give-a-fuck' punk...he's just a guy playing a sad song about the death of his parents. Good stuff. Not as good as the original version, but acoustic makes it more heartfelt right?

A band that have been a mainstay in my collection for as long as I can remember, Death By Stereo are exceptional. Admittedly, their last album - Death is My Only Friend didn't live up to expectations, all of their previous albums are fucking killer. The first two stick to good ol' "makes me want to break shit" hardcore punk, and the 3rd and 4th albums steer towards the heavier side of metalcore. They're amazing though, I'd highly recommend checking them out if you want some angry, energetic music. The song that iTunes has chosen is about people being dicks.Especially at live shows.

A band that have changed their sound more times than I've changed my underwear, Therapy? are an Irish band that have strayed through the punk, pop-punk, hard rock, industrial rock and metal genre. They have some of the darkest lyrics of any band I have on my iTunes, but like to make you think. The song below is one that celebrates the imperfections of humanity (although it's a little difficult to discern that lol). The title is taken from a quote made by philosopher Immanuel Kant: "Out of the crooked timber of humanity no straight thing was ever made." Such a good band.

A band that don't pull any punches with their lyrics. They sing songs about shit that pisses them off in the world, from social networking, to losing all your digital music, to absurd news coverage... It's all good stuff. One thing to note about this band is that they've gotten progressively softer as they've gone along. First album was heavy as fuck with some pretty crazy vocals, the second album - the one that this song is from - introduced a lot of melody into the mix. I don't own their latest album, but from what I can gather, it's pretty much all melody and slowed down instrumentals... Not a problem but I think that they found their perfect sound with the song below.

Hope you (and maybe some others in this thread too) take the time to listen what I've had to offer...or at least read my thoughts. Hope it helps.

Good luck in your search.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Tips_of_Fingers said:
JesterRaiin said:
<link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/search/?q=new+music&cx=005672590579257297818%3Amkmrjhvsnwa&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&sa.x=0&sa.y=0>Here you are kind sir. Plenty of good sh*t there !
My pleasure. I take this "Jester" part very seriously.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
JesterRaiin said:
Tips_of_Fingers said:
JesterRaiin said:
My pleasure. I take this "Jester" part very seriously.
Well, you nailed it perfectly

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Hazy992 said:
There you are my good man!​
Ah The Left Rights, you special bastards.

Aside from them, there's the obvious like Lonely Island, old school stuff like Ac/Dc or James Brown.

Also some of the stuff I've been listening too a lot.

Powerglove, Old School songs Metal Style ftw.

Dan Bull's got some neat raps.

And so on.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
For Electronic music try Knife Party and Glitch Mob. I freaking love Knife Party right now.

Grog289

Sep 1, 2011
Indie/Folk anyone?

Mumford and Sons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-nYA5BWDA
Frank Turner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-D4jmkUiQ
The Decemberists http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLSOzcEQjiE&ob=av2e

These three are all fantastic, and the best performers I have ever seen