"I really want to play this game!"

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
At one time I really wanted to play Oblivion, but my computer wasn't capable of running it. Instead, I picked myself up a copy of Morrowind. Loved it, played it for at least 500+ hours.

Funnily enough, I later got a copy of Oblivion when I picked up an Xbox 360...... And I Didn't like it

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
MysticSlayer said:
I would add Shadow of the Colossus to that list, but I hear that it aged horribly.
Seeing as it achieved something no other game has yet come close to, I thoroughly disagree with that.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I've wanted to play Minecraft for the PC since it was in beta, however, I've never had a computer that I could trust to play games on. Ive played the crap out of the 360 version, but it's just not quite the same.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
MysticSlayer said:
I would add Shadow of the Colossus to that list, but I hear that it aged horribly.
Seeing as it achieved something no other game has yet come close to, I thoroughly disagree with that.
I suppose there's an element of almost universal acclaim that sort of resembles hype around it; but depends on the kind of person you are whether that bothers you or not.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Really it was the first time I saw the gameplay for Prey 2. I loved the setting and the main character and just the story. I got super into it and I was ready to wait to get my hands on it.

Guess whose still waiting today..

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Fijiman said:
I've wanted to play Minecraft for the PC since it was in beta, however, I've never had a computer that I could trust to play games on. Ive played the crap out of the 360 version, but it's just not quite the same.
You know, it's simply Java. Minecraft really only gets intense on the specs when you start dealing with mods. If you make a Mojang account (Free) you can see if you can run a lighter version of Vanilla here. https://minecraft.net/demo If you need any help realizing what your machine is capable of, feel free to PM me.

On topic though? I guess for me, I'd love to go back in time and play Dystopia again. I guess it's a bit of a cheat to our question, as I've already played it and loved it to death. Unfortunately controversies, a god-awful community, and tired devs kind of killed the game for me and a rather large number of people. I feel sorry for anyone who finds themselves on a server with Murphy.

A few other games? Mostly console exclusives. Or things not found on PC yet. I'd love to crack open 'GTAV', but I gotta wait. I'd also still like to play 'Sunset Overdrive'. 'Last of Us' seemed interesting, and I'd certainly like to go back and enjoy the craziness that was 'Resonance of Fate' I still don't understand the fucking story to that shit. But the combat was really interesting and insanely unique. I wonder if there's a possibility of emulation...? I did see it in the bargain bin when I peek for PC oldies.

Though, I won't buy a console. Just... No money to buy one expensive device for one single game. It'll just collect dust.

SteveTR

May 4, 2012
iseko said:
The resident evil series (never owned a playstation)

Halo. I played the first on pc. Loved it. Couldn't play the second since I still had XP at the time. Never played it since. For shame.
You know, the major RE games also came out for the PC (meaning no Code Veronica, Zero, REmake etc). The ports weren't half bad, except for the port of RE4. That one was.

Casual Shinji said:
MysticSlayer said:
Now that I think about it, SotC is a game I've always wanted to play but never did. Looking at this thread, it surprised me how many times this game has popped up so far. Only goes to show how unique it is. I watched the Game Grumps playthrough of it and the game seems simply amazing. I mean, how many times have you played a game where the entire gameplay revolves around riding a horse and climbing giant enemies? It seems to me, games that attempt this usually fail spectacularly. Looking at you Lords of the Shadow.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
SteveTR said:
Now that I think about it, SotC is a game I've always wanted to play but never did. Looking at this thread, it surprised me how many times this game has popped up so far. Only goes to show how unique it is. I watched the Game Grumps playthrough of it and the game seems simply amazing. I mean, how many times have you played a game where the entire gameplay revolves around riding a horse and climbing giant enemies? It seems to me, games that attempt this usually fail spectacularly. Looking at you Lords of the Shadow.
It's mainly that the climbing all happens in real-time. There's no prompts or QTEs or anything like that. The Colossi exist under the same laws as the ground you walk on; If a surface is horizontal enough you can walk on it, if there's a ledge you can hang on and shimmy across, and if there's grass/fur you can climb it. You're never confronted with invisible walls or other shenanigans preventing you from reaching a certain area on the creature. Even if there's no point in going there and you're just wasting your time, you can just hang on to his wrist for as long as your stamina will allow. You can go from ground to Colossi, or horseback to Colossi with zero transition tricks, like auto-guiding or something

This is something I don't think any game has done before or since.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Currently, it's Journey. I am sucker for those kind of games, and I really want to try it out.

Also, I (less so than Journey) wanted to play GTA V during the hype train following its discussion, to see what the fuss was about. Luckily, the PC port will be coming to us shortly ^_^

Aside from those, Deux Ex would also be included. I heard that its a game with ridiculous depth, but...it looks like absolute s**t, and the mechanics are from a different era. I could not re-adjust myself enough to give it a proper go. I have the same problem with the original Thief, but that could be attributed to my general idiocy in stealth games.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Casual Shinji said:
MysticSlayer said:
It's not so much the concept and execution. Those are what make me want to play it if I ever get a working PS2 again, or at least get a PS3 to play the HD remake. However, I've heard a lot of people, even major fans, complain about the controls, and that sort of makes me worried of ever trying it if I get a chance.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I admit I would like to at least try out some of FROM Software's Japanese-only works, like Metal Wolf Chaos or Another Century's Episode.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
MysticSlayer said:
Casual Shinji said:
MysticSlayer said:
It's not so much the concept and execution. Those are what make me want to play it if I ever get a working PS2 again, or at least get a PS3 to play the HD remake. However, I've heard a lot of people, even major fans, complain about the controls, and that sort of makes me worried of ever trying it if I get a chance.
That part hasn't really aged, it's just... Japanese - They always have funky control schemes.

The only real problem is when you get caught in a collision mesh on a Colossi and you're sort of trapped in a constant state of helpless dangle untill you let go of the grab button.

wcaypahwat

Jan 3, 2008
Well, I recently bought a 360 mostly just to play Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

(Don't worry, I grabbed a bunch of other games too, not just the two)

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
SteveTR said:
The second one was Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D.
Holy spit on a sandwich, that one's available on the 3DS? I'm gonna order it about twenty minutes ago! Finally I'll get to play it!

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
I think most console have games I'd like to play on them. I only have a 360 and I can't really buy anything else (I work abroad a lot and carrying one console through the airport is difficult enough).

PS3 -> God of War, Last of Us, Gran Tourismo
Wii U -> Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8
Vita -> Tearaway

and so on...

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
The rest of the Halo series, but I cannot since I don't own an Xbox One, and the new Ruby/ Sapphire games, which I cannot since I don't own a 3DS. And Deadpool, but that was removed from Steam, so I cannot legally obtain it anymore.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Sarah Kerrigan said:
Really it was the first time I saw the gameplay for Prey 2. I loved the setting and the main character and just the story. I got super into it and I was ready to wait to get my hands on it.

Guess whose still waiting today..
I had completely forgotten about that game. It did look pretty amazing. Hopefully it gets released someday.

OT: I've always wanted to play Okami but I've never owned a system that it was on.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
I believe The Last of Us would be right up my alley, alas I don't own a PS.
I know Red Dead Redemption is but so far there's only hope
I own and want to play Witcher 2 but this game seems to mark the spot of what my otherwise capable PC can't handle anymore.

As for an happy ending: I could put my plans aside to purchase an XBox for only one game when Trials came home

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
There are so many.
As someone who always owns a ninty-console, there are so many good loking games on the PS and Xbox consoles but since I don't own them there's a problem.
Recently I've been having this dilemma with the huge amount of good looking games on the 3DS, so might be I am getting that one soon...