I refuse to believe {insert game} is as awesome as people keep saying

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Indie games like Minecraft and From Dust and what not.

Yeah I can see how people find them fun but for me it's like going back to my old Spectrum. I love nostalgia as much as the next guy but I don't want to play modern games that look exactly the same as games I played 20 - 30 years ago.

Call of Duty, any of them. Never liked them. Not going to say they were shit because obviously people loved them but they just seemed like an average shooter. I've seen better.

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
I was like this when Portal was being raged about, so I played it and my response was a nice "hmm"
I was expecting to be blown away with fantastic back story and dialogue so hilarious I would be gasping for air, combined with tricky puzzles and interesting mechanics.
I wasn't impressed.

I could also go on about Half Life 2 and Portal 2 [which I did about a month ago anyway], but I'm sure you don't want to hear my responses to them do you?
Ok. They were both Meh.

zombiekiller1907

May 5, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Call me a no fun allowed dude, but I prefer these threads to the endless waves of "last thing you killed in a video game" snooze fests.
what if we think of something to make this "problem" better for everyone else? will that add significance to this thread? even a little?

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Bioshock infinite.. I really REALLY dont get it.. Bioshock was a good game, the sequel was meh.. But Rapture was the best parts of Bioshock.. The creepy atmosphere.. Being in the skies dont really do if for me.. I couldnt be less interested in the game, tbh.

Dusk17

Jul 30, 2010
I am suspicious of all the hype skyrim is getting. Are they hyping it because the know it sucks and want to try to make their money back or do they really think it is as awesome as they want you to think?
From what I understand if Fallout 3 was oblivion with guns, than skyrim is New Vegas with swords and idk if I'd like that.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
manythings said:
Basically the title says it all.

Rage hasn't come out but every time I look at the trailers there's a guy talking about all this awesome stuff I can do but the video is a guy shooting other guys, sometimes with different guns, on occasion he has a little robot thing and a one hit kill throwing whosit (which begs the question why use anything else?). It looks like Fallout but they've changed the nouns.
One, Rage is a title that hasn't been released yet, so you're listening to dev's comment on the gameplay without wanting to reveal too much. Its called teasers. Other than that, the game isn't out yet so one can hardly judge by revealed footage. Plenty of bad games have looked interesting and good in their trailers and plenty of good games have had unattractive and boring reveals.
Judge the game after release, not months prior with no on-hand knowledge.
BTW I'm not defending RAGE out of "fanboyism" (I've still not forgiven iD for Doom3 or the horrible movie rights they shamelessly gave out), I'm giving it fair chance as I do all games and movies by not caring if they have awesome or shitty trailers. Its like judging a book by what pictures are (or aren't) on the cover or what the tagline on the back says.
I don't think its going to be a great game, nor do I think its going to be a shit game. I don't know yet because I haven't got my hands on it.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
mass effect 3-from the trailers this looks exactly like ME2 but it a new melee weapon,and accourding to bioware "weapon Customization that will make ME2's be ashamed"

RAGE -It's just like every other FPS but with few gadgets,ammounitons,and vehichles.

Battlefield-fanboys

Call of duty-as stated above^

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
I refuse to believe Left For Dead 1&2 is as awesome as people keep saying. I'ved played both, hours and hours into the games, both on and off line. I see where the fanbase likes it, but the fanboys out there over hype it way to much.

soulasylum85

Dec 26, 2008
at the risk of sounding like a troll i would have to say halo. its just so generic and underwhelming to me. alhtough i do enjoy a game or two of infection every once in awhile but after 3 or 4 matches even what in my opinion is the best part of the game gets boring and tedious. i just really cant see why so many people think its the best thing ever...

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Assassin's Creed: every mission was the same and after you get the counter attack you can kill any guard instantly so the game never had much of a challenge.

God of War: it was fun, that's about it, it didn't do anything new and I have no idea why people thought every brawler after that game was ripping off God of War.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Final fantasy 7, I just don't get why people think it's so awesome. I mean I don't typically like JRPGs but I honestly didn't find anything really interesting about FF7. In fact the only Final Fantasy game I liked was FF9.

RedMore Trout

Jul 29, 2011
Well, after being underwhelmed with Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine. I refuse to believe any new Mario Platformer is amazing, like everyone always claims. But, this pretty much applies to any platformer type game. (Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter etc.)

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
While I don't hate the game and admit to not playing it, I'm starting to get a "Why is everybody amazed by this?" vibe from Bastion. From what I've seen it's just a pretty looking action RPG with some guy who narrates everything as if I can't comprehend what is happening. I mean, I guess I get the whole "There is non-stop, ever-present voice acting!" thing, but to me it just makes the experience sound like that of a very dramatic Let's Play. And, to be completely honest, I don't watch LPs for a game's story.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
Red Dead Redemption. It was well produced but there wasn't much to do except play dull minigames and the same four mission types over and over.

Gibboniser

Jan 9, 2011
Zelda, I was talked into, and lent Windwaker, by playing it I KNOW it's just nostalgia talking, it's mediocre at best. *Flame suit*

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
amaranth_dru said:
manythings said:
Basically the title says it all.

Rage hasn't come out but every time I look at the trailers there's a guy talking about all this awesome stuff I can do but the video is a guy shooting other guys, sometimes with different guns, on occasion he has a little robot thing and a one hit kill throwing whosit (which begs the question why use anything else?). It looks like Fallout but they've changed the nouns.
One, Rage is a title that hasn't been released yet, so you're listening to dev's comment on the gameplay without wanting to reveal too much. Its called teasers. Other than that, the game isn't out yet so one can hardly judge by revealed footage. Plenty of bad games have looked interesting and good in their trailers and plenty of good games have had unattractive and boring reveals.
Judge the game after release, not months prior with no on-hand knowledge.
BTW I'm not defending RAGE out of "fanboyism" (I've still not forgiven iD for Doom3 or the horrible movie rights they shamelessly gave out), I'm giving it fair chance as I do all games and movies by not caring if they have awesome or shitty trailers. Its like judging a book by what pictures are (or aren't) on the cover or what the tagline on the back says.
I don't think its going to be a great game, nor do I think its going to be a shit game. I don't know yet because I haven't got my hands on it.
I decided to ignore everything you said because the very first line of what I said is "It hasn't been released" and then me going on to list my misgivings about the title. Read then comment, in that order.