I want to get Diablo II

Mondai Randy

May 15, 2010
I've been wanting to play it for a while , never had the time except now , is it still worth buying now? I would like to play with others.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Why would you want that boring ass game? If you wanna duplicate the experience, go to the mouse settings in control panel and click as fast as you can on the little double-click test box.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
RandyNoKachi said:
I've been wanting to play it for a while , never had the time except now , is it still worth buying now? I would like to play with others.
Whatever you do don't listen to ...
evilneko said:
Why would you want that boring ass game? If you wanna duplicate the experience, go to the mouse settings in control panel and click as fast as you can on the little double-click test box.
...this guy .

It's a fun game . The graphics are a bit dated but it's still enjoyable . If you can get it for really cheap , and i'm sure you can , give it a go . Just don't play online till you have at least finished the game on normal on single player . I suggest a sorceress .

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Do it.

It's a really fun game and I know I've played it a hellava lot since it came out. The hardest difficulty isn't for everyone since when your character dies it's gone for good, enter only if you want an honest challenge.

If you can manage to get the Diablo Battlechest, I suggest you do that since you get D2's expansion as well as the first game.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
You can get the Diablo 2 warchest brand new for under $20 now in store, and I'm sure it's even cheaper online.

It's a fun enough experience and well worth a play but I really don't know how many people still play it especially with Diablo 3 coming out in a few days.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
You could always try and get the Diablo 3 Collector's Edition that comes with a free copy of Diablo 2 in a soulstone USB stick stuck into a model Diablo skull.
Might be a bit expensive though.

I'd just go with D3. Diablo 2 is a pain in the arse to play nowadays unless you ENJOY playing at 640x480 resolution.

Mondai Randy

May 15, 2010
I would buy D3 , but my PC won't run it well , I want to try Diablo II until I get a better PC .... I have heard many good things about it

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
Diablo II is hands down the best PC game I have ever played. I thoroughly enjoyed it every time I played it. I would definitely recommend it, especially if you're not sure your PC can handle Diablo 3. If you can find the battle/war chest, I would get that because it includes an extra Act and more equipment. I hope you can find a copy!

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Absolutely worth it. Evilneko has to be trolling you, OP. Either that, or he hasn't heard of a little something called tact. Or personal tastes, for that matter.

Just be prepared, you can't expect to blaze through D2 in time for D3. This is a game that has the potential to eat up weeks and weeks and weeks of your life, if you'll let it. You know how some games make you go "Just one more level and then I stop for the night! Just one more level!", right? Well, that's exactly what's going to happen.

The game is finely balanced by now, so you constantly feel powerful enough to face whatever comes at you in a fair fight; provided you've figured out a decent build and are following it. Said builds aren't set in stone, everything in D2 is highly modular. I've seen viable Necromancers using bows and barely touching their summoning skills, and Amazons going for swords and shields instead of their usual mainstays, like spears or bows.

If you even remotely enjoyed Borderlands, you'll enjoy D2 for the same reason. The main draw of the experience is the loot system, and you'll almost always feel like you're *this* close to making a decent improvement on your build just by finding this or that item. It has all the addictive power of the sort of game that would today be highly dependent on a cash shop, but none of the associated hassle.

That is, unless you're an obsessive trader or end up using some of the several gold or item-farming sites out there.

Quick pointers, though: if your mouse is getting up there in years, you might want to pick a more relaxed class, like a Necromancer with a focus in Summoning magic. My first class, way back when, was a Barbarian.

I destroyed two mice with one character. Once I switched to Necro, I never looked back.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
evilneko said:
I know where your avatar is from and it's very disturbing.

nikki191 said:
personally id recomend titan quest as an alternative
I have that game (and the expansion thing)! I've only played a small portion of it since purchasing the pack on Steam, but have always wanted to get into it more. I hear it's great to play with others, hint, hint :p

OT: I was thinking about getting Diablo 2 recently as well. But I kind of dislike Blizzard, so I dunno if I wanna get it and support them.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
It actually might be more fun to get Diablo 1 and play it over lan with your friends. There's programs you can get that simulate a lan over the internet so don't have to actually bring your computers together.

Mondai Randy

May 15, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
evilneko said:
I know where your avatar is from and it's very disturbing.

nikki191 said:
personally id recomend titan quest as an alternative
I have that game (and the expansion thing)! I've only played a small portion of it since purchasing the pack on Steam, but have always wanted to get into it more. I hear it's great to play with others, hint, hint :p

OT: I was thinking about getting Diablo 2 recently as well. But I kind of dislike Blizzard, so I dunno if I wanna get it and support them.
I've decided to get it , feel free to get it and play and join me . would anyone be willing to join me at some point?

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
well, for a dated game it is still quite good, i still play it, you can get the Diablo II war chest (it has the ancestrall recall expansion and the other one) for about $20-$30 depending on where you live.

If you do play, I recommend playing as a sorceress or an Amazon, very tricky classes and both very rewarding

way2sl0w

Resident COD Fanboy
Jan 29, 2012
RandyNoKachi said:
I found a copy , but eventually I would like to play with other people
D2:LOD still had a fairly decent online community (in terms of size) as of 2010 which was the last I checked which is pretty good considering the game came out in 2001. There are a lot of annoying spam bots online though. Good community site to check out: d2jsp.org

D2 has aged pretty well imo. Based on the 45 minutes I played of the D3 beta I would still rate D2 as being the better overall game (except graphically obviously).

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
I've only played it while LANing it with 4 other friends. It was an amazing 2 days well spent. I imagine that single player would be just as good too except you would have to actually list to the old coot telling you to stay a while and listen instead of following the party. Damn fine game.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
When I was 13 or something I traded my Black and white game for Diablo 1 and 2 plus with some sort of expansion pack and found it boring. Never played it Online so maybe thats what was missing.