I want to get Diablo II

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Grey Day for Elcia said:
nikki191 said:
personally id recomend titan quest as an alternative
I have that game (and the expansion thing)! I've only played a small portion of it since purchasing the pack on Steam, but have always wanted to get into it more. I hear it's great to play with others, hint, hint :p
I've been looking for someone to play some TQ with as well, PM me if you're interested and we can set something up. I don't have the Steam version but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

RandyNoKachi said:
I Ordered it ff eBay , iF anyone wants to play, let me know
Good job. Diablo II is over all an excellent game. I've been playing it on and off since it came out and recently started up again after watching this Let's Play of it.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8186FB66F49D862C&feature=g-user-a

The guy hasn't updated in a while but he posted in his SA thread that he plans to record today sometime, so updated should be coming soon.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
You could always try and get the Diablo 3 Collector's Edition that comes with a free copy of Diablo 2 in a soulstone USB stick stuck into a model Diablo skull.
Might be a bit expensive though.

I'd just go with D3. Diablo 2 is a pain in the arse to play nowadays unless you ENJOY playing at 640x480 resolution.
There's actually a very nice HD upscale floating around on Demonoid that solves that problem. Don't worry, I do own the game--I just wanted to be able to run it on my current computer at a reasonable resolution. :p

It runs smoothly even at 1920x1200, but you get some weird things there like ceiling artifacts and stuff. I personally run it at 1280x800, and haven't had a problem with it yet.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
D2 is still a very fun game. I wouldn't suggest buying it if you plan on buying D3 first since a lot of the story and feel will be ruined for you, but if you want to get D2 before getting D3, hells yes get it. I burned so many hours in that awesome game. Making new characters in that game is still super fun. And the grinding is a lot of fun too :D

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
RandyNoKachi said:
I've been wanting to play it for a while , never had the time except now , is it still worth buying now? I would like to play with others.
There is a game that almost an exact Diablo 2 clone but it is free to play (I think) and comes with a FFX style skill tree.

It's called Path of Exile.

The graphics and map system are identical to Diablo 2 but it seems bigger and better.

I am not sure if it's out yet though.

Demgar

Jul 31, 2010
I fondly remember D2, and recently reinstalled it in anticipation of the very imminent D3 launch. I just couldn't get into it though! I suppose it's still a good game, I was just overwhelmed by the thought of the 5,000,000 monsters standing in front of me...

Mondai Randy

May 15, 2010
I will be putting quite a bit of time towards it , if anyone wants to add me and play...feel free to friend me here

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
See, I'd like to recommend either Torchlight or Titan Quest or whatever, and I like both of those games, but they still don't hold a fuckin' candle to the 12 year old king of PC gaming that is Diablo 2. The graphics have aged well (but that may just be personal nostalgia) and the sound design is still the best around. The gameplay holds up thanks to the fact that it's just such an elegant and simple design with a lot of depth and addictive qualities to it.

Mondai Randy

May 15, 2010
It's weird, I've never been interested in the Diablo series , but the more I read about it, the more I saw people saying it was awesome and a great game experience, it made me curious

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
D2 is still getting patched/supported, and still has a huge community.

I run a bear-sorc(werebear sorceress) that does 85k melee damage. Once you get into the game, you'll find out why it's a ridiculous build.

Anyway, have fun, and stay the fuck away from d2jsp. That shit ruins the game. And remember that gold is useless as a trade item online. Currency is generally either runes, or gear.

Mondai Randy

May 15, 2010
that's what I keep hearing about online mods and such . And I will be spending time getting good gear and the such

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
i will say D2 did nothing for me. D1 i played to death. i am hoping my experience with D3 is more like D1 and not D2 or i will be disappointed.

Captcha question: describe Dr. Pepper with any word(s) .. my answer. TOO FUCKING SWEET.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
omega 616 said:
Looks cool, another Diablo II-esque game that I found yesterday is Drakensang Online, It's free to play, but still in Beta, pretty simple, and very easy to get into, with a decent amount of cool goodies to play with. OP if you're interested in something like Diablo, you could probably do a lot worse.

PS. I've never actually played Diablo II, although I know I should, but the gameplay from both games looks pretty similar, although Drakensang might be slightly more on the casual side.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Diablo 2 is great, far superior to Diablo 3. I say check it out. There are also a lot of great mods that have extended its longevity. Try checking out Eastern Sun.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
You can buy it directly from your Battle.net account. If your going to play online at all, it will require you to put in your key and all kinds of stuff to Battle.net, might as well get it straight from the source.

If you buy it used you run the risk of someone already taken the key, and then it doesn't work.

way2sl0w

Resident COD Fanboy
Jan 29, 2012
-Samurai- said:
Anyway, have fun, and stay the fuck away from d2jsp. That shit ruins the game.
How so? It provides a form of universal currency so you don't spend hours bartering with people.