IBM's New Chip Replicates Your Brain

apex2000

Nov 18, 2009
Wow, i didnt think id live long enough to see 5 terminator movies a TV series AND the real skynet take down man kind. everyone move to new zealand, or construct house boats capable of deepsea travel, they are strategically low priority areas and wud be most likely to survive the initial uprising.

LOL

seriously, man kind proves consistantly and repeadily that we are retarded, self destructive, murderous idiots... only reason our products havent acted the same, is because, they either lacked the intellegent... or where our children and thus wernt counted.

Oh well, at least machine clinical precision means death will be mathematically effiencent.

apex2000

Nov 18, 2009
hay i though the military did have chips that cud process that fast least that what i read in a science a magazine, but they never realease as well wud have destroyed the industry for start, and would have ment that military wudve been being the times. (so logically by now they have better stuff they not announced)

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
I'm not worried about robots taking over just yet. All they said is that it can mimic the brain, not actually process logical thought. And if you look at what can currently process "logical thought", i.e. Cleverbot, you can tell that we don't have to worry about the robot takeover soon. I can just see the Cleverbot commander trying to give orders to the robot soldiers.

Cleverbot General: "Advance forward."
Robot Soldier: "There are too many enemies to advance forward."
Cleverbot General: "I have a needle fetish."

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
The Virgo said:
I'm not worried about robots taking over just yet. All they said is that it can mimic the brain, not actually process logical thought. And if you look at what can currently process "logical thought", i.e. Cleverbot, you can tell that we don't have to worry about the robot takeover soon. I can just see the Cleverbot commander trying to give orders to the robot soldiers.

Cleverbot General: "Advance forward."
Robot Soldier: "There are too many enemies to advance forward."
Cleverbot General: "I have a needle fetish."
We know how to defeat them, get on the wire tell the world.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I for one wel-

WE HAVE EMP WEAPONS AND OFF SWITCHES. I'M PRETTY SURE WE'LL BE FINE.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
I, for one, welcome our new robot masters. I remind them though I am a squishy biological entity I am a chemist instructing others so that they can mine rare earths required to produce these chips.

Edit: I just noticed the above posting....

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Okay I'm getting kinda goddamn pissed with all this freakin terminator and geth and skynet bullshit...It's obviously SHODAN.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Hmm, computer chips for brains...
Dr. Mark Bishop, eh?

So when do we encounter the Xenomorphs?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
That's pretty cool. I don't think tis really the best avenue though. AI experts know how learning works and I'm sure we can figure out a more efficient way to do it then mimicking the human brain. The brain is a complex machine but like any other machine it can be improved upon.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
Arontala said:
You people watch way too many sci-fi movies for your own good.

That was a preemptive response to the people screaming about how this will somehow lead to the vampire robot nazi zombie apocalypse.
Philly D maybe? I really would love to comment on the actual article but honestly im not smart enough to understand it!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
so a learning computer that has feelings? why must we give computer this flaw of our nature?

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
This and news about robotic legs and other parts has me a bit worried. The fact that Skynet is an actual thing is also scary. We have to start stock piling weapons. Still this could give uus better computers.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
One step closer to immortality. Refine the chip over a period of twenty years, then allow cloning of human bodies and you'll be able to download yourself in to the chip, then transfer yourself in to your new brain; instant immortality.

Hell, even if you die you can just re-download a backup copy of yourself.

I'm excited.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Give me that chip.

I know how to use it wisely.

I'll install it in the kettle so it knows when to have my coffee ready.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
You fools, do you not realize what you have started!?
You bring silicon death to us all!