Ice Age - Collision Course - Go Extinct Already

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009

Ice Age was never especially great, but this is the worst of them.

Read Full Article

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
The original Ice Age was the first film I ever saw at the cinema. I was five. I am now eighteen. This needs to stop.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
I remember a bit of the original. But holy crap is this getting out of hand. I keep forgetting this series exist.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Hey I'm sure it isn't that fun for the people making the films either. They're being railroaded into doing what their bosses know will make the dough. And you just know that there will be more. Oh yes, and you may be forced to watch them as part of your job too. Almost a regular cycle of pain, like a less frequent, less ouchy period. Its a vicious cycle where the only true beneficiaries are the publishers and the overseas public. Oh and some other outliers perhaps. But creator and critic must endure the omnipotent will of the machine.
Do they all die in the end? I kind of hope the film can stick to that area of realism, just to have some closure at least.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, you really hate all movies, don't you Matt? :p

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I've seen all Ice Age movies, and honestly, they should have stopped after the second one. The third one just fell flat, and the forth one was just...there. Like they weren't even trying anymore. I figured they would stop after that, but apparently not. It pains me to say this, but I'm betting this review is spot-on.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Oh Dreamworks, why am I not surprised to see your band caught in the cookie jar again. I understand beating series into the ground is something you do, but maybe it's time to give it up. Remember what happened with Shrek? Or the Madagascar movies? Remember, more means less people like it. I know you enjoy your money from your big series and all, but at some point you need to realize more is only a bad thing.

EDIT: My mistake on assuming Dreamworks were behind this, though I stand by my statements, just replace Dreamworks with Blue Sky. Though I also stand by my statements about Dreamworks doing this as well, they've beaten their franchises to the dirt a few too many times at this point.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Fucking hell, how is this series still going. There are almost as many of these mediocre movies as there are fucking Star Wars movies.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
No...seriously...which moronic studio exec heard this pitch and was like "Does the world need another Ice Age movie? The answer to that, my friends, is an emphatic YES!"

But hey, how else is Ray Ramano going to get a pay check? Everybody's gotta eat...

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
I don't think I've ever actually seen any of these movies, but I find myself rather confused as to how depopulating the Earth would destroy the universe. While solar system geocentricism has been disproven, universal geocentricism hasn't (though it's pretty much a given); but even allowing for that, how is one depopulation going to destroy everything?

At any rate, we should be glad at least, that it's not as excessive as the Land Before Time series.

Oh crap, wait, no, that's not a challenge!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
klaynexas3 said:
Oh Dreamworks, why am I not surprised to see your band caught in the cookie jar again. I understand beating series into the ground is something you do, but maybe it's time to give it up. Remember what happened with Shrek? Or the Madagascar movies? Remember, more means less people like it. I know you enjoy your money from your big series and all, but at some point you need to realize more is only a bad thing.
DreamWorks? I thought these are from 20th Century Fox.
But are the other characters, like, still aware of Scrat's existence at this point? You'd think that when something catastrophic happens to them, Manny, Sid, and Diego would go, "Dammit, Scrat! Not again!"

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Silentpony said:
5 Ice Age movies, and only 1 Zootopia movie.

Thanks Obama! This is why we can't have nice things!
Don't worry, after the success of Zootopia I'm sure they'll begin churning out sequels of rapidly declining quality until everything you liked from the original is a distant memory.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
The first one was okay. Second one was somewhat enjoyable but unnecessary. I don't even remember the third one other than Denis Leary seemed to be enjoying himself.

Ah well. They managed to pump out at least four stupid Chipmunk movies so I'm not surprised that this one has a... is this the fourth or fifth. I don't even know anymore

Verrik

Sep 28, 2012
klaynexas3 said:
I don't think Dreamworks makes the Ice Age movies. I'm pretty sure Blue Sky Studios makes them.

OT: I'm not at all surprised to see this movie doing poorly with critics. The trailer didn't even look that funny (at least not to me), but there were plenty of moments in that trailer that made me cringe. Even Scrat's scenes are only able to, maybe, get a very slight chuckle out of me now.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Marter said:
Ice Age was never especially great,
But I like the first one. :(

09philj said:
The original Ice Age was the first film I ever saw at the cinema. I was five. I am now eighteen. This needs to stop.
I'm hoping you had a better experience than my first film in the cinema (that I can recall at least), which was Aladdin. Not a good start when I hid under my seat because I was terrified of the giant tiger thing that popped up.

...shadup, I would have been 2-3 at the time. :(

klaynexas3 said:
Oh Dreamworks, why am I not surprised to see your band caught in the cookie jar again.
Ice Age is made by Blue Sky, not DreamWorks.

Recusant said:
At any rate, we should be glad at least, that it's not as excessive as the Land Before Time series.

Oh crap, wait, no, that's not a challenge!
Shared universe, anyone? That would be, what, between 15 and 20 films? 0_0

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
I didn't even know that a fourth one existed, never mind a fifth. The first wasn't great, the second was shite, as was the third and I cannot fathom how they are still making money.

Cap'nPipsqueak

Jul 2, 2016
Marter said:

Read Full Article
Oh Christ; have they actually done five of them?

Guess it's not as bad as 'The Land Before Time', which up to... I dunno, twenty now?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
Hey I'm sure it isn't that fun for the people making the films either. They're being railroaded into doing what their bosses know will make the dough. And you just know that there will be more. Oh yes, and you may be forced to watch them as part of your job too. Almost a regular cycle of pain, like a less frequent, less ouchy period. Its a vicious cycle where the only true beneficiaries are the publishers and the overseas public. Oh and some other outliers perhaps. But creator and critic must endure the omnipotent will of the machine.
Do they all die in the end? I kind of hope the film can stick to that area of realism, just to have some closure at least.
If they do they probably have a way to bring them back through genetic dna cloning and then we get a "We're Back" situation.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Cap said:
Marter said:

Read Full Article
Oh Christ; have they actually done five of them?

Guess it's not as bad as 'The Land Before Time', which up to... I dunno, twenty now?

Nope, only 14!