ICO, Shadow of the Colossus Producer Leaves Sony

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Oh yeah, this game is gonna turn out just fine. Just fine, people.

With this I guess we can not only say 'RIP The Last Guardian', but 'RIP Team Ico'.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Sober Thal said:
People like to forget that games like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, didn't make a shit ton of money.

People also like to forget that devs want to make a shit ton of money.

When the worlds of 'artsy' and 'money' clash... only one thing survives.

Survival.

Most people like to ignore that tho.

lol

Then they blame things like EA for killing what's already mostly dead.
Obviously, this is where it's all headed. Sony is dependent on the Vita having success, but as of now it is not looking good. Then they kill off Studio Liverpool, one of their most talented in house studios, and now this. You know Team ICO will be no more after this debacle comes to an end. Needless to say, I'm not very pleased with the way the industry is headed.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
NuclearShadow said:
So it looks like it will likely be canceled then. But really guys calm down, there is no need to get so worked up over a cancellation of a toy. Sure it sucks but you don't see people acting this way when any other form of toy gets cancelled. Seriously though calm down your life will not be anymore or less richer no matter the outcome.
Please leave this forum. What the hell are you even doing here?

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Sober Thal said:
They are liked because they are not popular.

Hipsters, eh?

It's as if you never even read my posts and just "focused" on the word indie as if it's from the music. Let me make it clearer. Some people love indie better simply because SOME indie developers don't do it for the money. They make games because they think their games are fun. Like their dreams are to make better games than triple A developers as if they're saying "We only have this much money but can make better games."

And if you disagree, fine. It's fine. I just think I or some others here both play Indies and Triple A simply because they love those chosen few games that really shine. In other words, I'm implying not all indie games are good with the same principle as not all triple As are good.

If it's mysterious to you why I quoted you in the first place, it's simply because you think all games are in it for the money.

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
Promising games often never see the light of day. If the same fate befalls The Last Guardian, I will be disappointed but not particularly surprised.

I do wish Keiji Kendo the best.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Well, my guess is that in a few months they will make a quiet announcement of cancellation or once it's released it's gonna suuuuuuuck.