If A Random Girl Walks Up and Punches You Would You Hit Her Back?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I can only imagine that out of 8 pages of comments I'm not the first to say this, but for me it would depend. Is it some random crazy chick just coming up punching me and walking away? I'd probably be like "What the fuck was that all about?" and confront her about it. But if it's some insanely raging chick who doesn't give me a random punch but instead is viciously and relentlessly trying to attack me, I'd defend myself. Though even in that case, I'd more than likely just try to grab her to immobilize her rather than start hitting her back. But still, it'd depend on the situation.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
FallenMessiah88 said:
TomLikesGuitar said:
If she's a body builder or something, then maybe, but if you're an adult male with an average adult male physique (~5'11", 174 lbs), and you're PUNCHING an adult female of the same age with an average adult female physique [~5'6", 147 lbs], then you're kind of a pussy and you're going to just make some poor girl cry.

It's just one punch, it's not like she's railing on your face.

Use a little more common sense and a little less logic here... or if you're a douche who likes to pretend he's Vulcan and that logic is infallible, then at least consider all of the facts involved. Men and women are not physically the same; on average, women put up MUCH less of a fight.

Me and a girl friend of mine go to the gym daily and are both in very good shape, but I would fucking wreck her in a fight. We almost do the exact same workout too, but testosterone plays a HUGE factor in muscle development.

So yeah, long story short, "real men" DON'T hit women, and there's a scientific reasoning behind it.
I don't care if men and women aren't physically the same. It's not about that. It's about principles. No one's gonna feel sorry if a fox attacks a bear and then the bear totally rips the fox apart. The same principle applies here, except for the "ripping apart" part of course.
The first time u said the word principles ("It's about principles."), I believe you meant it to mean:

1. n. an accepted or professed rule of action or conduct

and the second time ("The same principle applies here,"), you used it as:

2. n. a fundamental, primary, or general law or truth from which others are derived

The principles (first definition) having to do with hitting women are that men shouldn't do it. That is the generally "accepted ... rule of action or conduct". The principle (second definition) of reacting to physical violence with more violence is a bear-specific principle, and falls apart when you throw other animals into the equation. My Doberman runs away from my kitty when she has a tantrum and tries to claw his face off.

So the question here is, are you a bear, or a man?

If you're a bear, then I applaud your typing abilities, but I'm guessing you're a man. In that case, you have a lot of things the bear doesn't. You can rationalize basic concepts of right and wrong, and make judgements based on more than just instinct. If you know your life is not in danger, and are unsure of why you are being attacked, you have the ability to step out of the situation and think about what just happened.

Since the question at hand is about a SINGLE punch, you can easily come to the conclusion that you have no legitimate reason to antagonize the situation further and instead just walk away. My old Tae Kwon Do teacher used to say that "fighting should only be of necessity".

Plus, and I can't stress this enough, you're talking about hitting a girl. Unless you're really short and really weak, hitting a woman is pathetic. Hell, it's pathetic either way. Ladies of the Escapist (if you exist), please don't take this the wrong way and assume I'm calling you weak, but I was raised to be a gentleman and never hit a woman. I've seen my fair share of relationship abuse, and no matter who starts it, I believe it is up to the man to walk away... either temporarily, or for good. I believe the same... principle... applies here.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Well if she actually managed to hurt me she would probably be stronger than me so I'd just stare in confusion for a few seconds and then throw expletives in her general directions...

Eynimeb

Jun 15, 2012
I have been in situations like this, and far worse. If you're a guy, and a woman publicly assaults you, run! Fighting back will cause random guys to come to her 'aid' and beat the snot out of you. Standing and talking will cause random guys to come over and take her side. You *can't win*. I've been publicly falsely accused of molestation, and attacked by women with heavy objects. You have not known anger until you have had to explain to an angry mob that you're not really molesting your little sister, while she makes laughing faces at you from behind their backs.

Just. Get. Away.

Women have every bit the potential of being worthless sacks of crap that men have, and the ones that are will abuse the hell out of their protected status in western society.

Realistically, if a woman attacks you, you have two options:
1 - let her do her damage, and try to leave. Others will see you as a wimp, and likely deserving of the beatdown, but there are no consequences beyond physical damage and a hurt ego.
2 - Defend yourself and become an outcast, likely go to jail, and if there is a crowd present, have the crap beaten out of you by a bunch of random guys.

So logically, if her attack threatens to cause permanent and severe injury or death, I would accept the chance of going to jail. Otherwise I would try to leave.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
BathorysGraveland said:
I'd ask her what the fuck was going on and why she hit me, then I'd tell her to fuck off. If she hit me a second time, then damn right I'd hit her back.
This. But only if I thought I could take her......

....yeah, I'm not much of a man, put it that way.

Aglynugga

Jul 25, 2010
Bootstomp her into the ground and set fire to that shit! And then stab anyone that tried to come to her aid as she burnt to a crisp. Maybe I'd throw a couple of kittens on top to keep the fire going.
And people would probably applaud and cheer me on. They'd be like 'Yeah, kill that *****!' and carry me on their shoulders all the way to city hall where I am proclaimed King of Everything, and my first proclamation would be 'Hey, we're all goin'a get laid!'.
For serious though, if some random chick walked up to me and gave me a shot, I'd give her one back. I don't mind fighting. She obviously didn't.

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
Assuming my girlfriend isn't there to take care of her for me, I would absolutely hit her back.

Equality goes both ways afterall.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
No thanks, since that would almost always make me look like the bad guy. I'd probably dodge it if I saw it coming, and if she kept attacking me, I'd probably try to subdue her.

If she was a fucking body builder, I'd probably shit myself.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
TomLikesGuitar said:
The first time u said the word principles ("It's about principles."), I believe you meant it to mean:

1. n. an accepted or professed rule of action or conduct

and the second time ("The same principle applies here,"), you used it as:

2. n. a fundamental, primary, or general law or truth from which others are derived

The principles (first definition) having to do with hitting women are that men shouldn't do it. That is the generally "accepted ... rule of action or conduct". The principle (second definition) of reacting to physical violence with more violence is a bear-specific principle, and falls apart when you throw other animals into the equation. My Doberman runs away from my kitty when she has a tantrum and tries to claw his face off.

So the question here is, are you a bear, or a man?

If you're a bear, then I applaud your typing abilities, but I'm guessing you're a man. In that case, you have a lot of things the bear doesn't. You can rationalize basic concepts of right and wrong, and make judgements based on more than just instinct. If you know your life is not in danger, and are unsure of why you are being attacked, you have the ability to step out of the situation and think about what just happened.

Since the question at hand is about a SINGLE punch, you can easily come to the conclusion that you have no legitimate reason to antagonize the situation further and instead just walk away. My old Tae Kwon Do teacher used to say that "fighting should only be of necessity".

Plus, and I can't stress this enough, you're talking about hitting a girl. Unless you're really short and really weak, hitting a woman is pathetic. Hell, it's pathetic either way. Ladies of the Escapist (if you exist), please don't take this the wrong way and assume I'm calling you weak, but I was raised to be a gentleman and never hit a woman. I've seen my fair share of relationship abuse, and no matter who starts it, I believe it is up to the man to walk away... either temporarily, or for good. I believe the same... principle... applies here.
It's not about society's principles. It's about my principles and my principle is that if a man isn't allowed to hit a woman, then a woman isn't allowed to hit a man either. I agree that my bear example probably wasn't the best example in the world. However, I do believe it still has some truth to it.

Consider the following.

- A bear is physically stronger than a fox.
- A man is (generally) physically stronger than a woman.
- If a fox physically attacks a bear and the bear strikes back, no one will blame the bear.

Thus.

- If a woman physically attack a man and the man strikes back, no one should blame the man.

I'm not saying that violence is always the answer and that it should always be your first course of action. I'm not a violent person. I don't like violence (unless it is fictitious). What I am saying is that, regardless of your gender, violence should still be a legitimate option.

Sure, being a gentleman is fine and all. It's not like I don't like treating women nice. I do. However, if men are supposed to be "gentlemen", then aren't women supposed to be "ladies". Maybe my defintion of a "lady" is a little shaky, but hitting someone completely unprovoked doesn't strike me a particularly ladylike.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Bad example. I wouldn't punch a guy back if he randomly punched me.

If it was some chick I sorta knew at a party who punched me... I still probably wouldn't. I don't like the idea of getting into a fight. I'd try and get out of it. I'd do the same with another guy though.

DingoDoom

Feb 26, 2009
I would knock all her teeth out and while she is crying on the ground thinking of the false teeth she will now have to wear (probably) I would then say something cheeky like "Enjoy your equality"

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
I would never hit a women. But if she punched me in the face I'd probably tackle her to the ground and ask why she hit me lol.

Morgan Schweers

Jun 16, 2012
It's happened to me, more or less. I was sitting on a chair in the hall outside a party room at a convention (checking badges, as the con required) and a girl walked up, her eyes mostly closed. I commented that it's pretty packed in there, she should keep her eyes open or she'll bump into people. Next thing I know, my head's ringing from a blow, and she snarls something about having a muscle issue that her eyes don't open. I told her she was fucking crazy, how was I supposed to know that, and that you don't hit people over shit like that, as she stalked off.

So no.

I'd probably be going, 'Who the HELL are you, and what's your damage?' while blocking/defending from further blows.

Kyrinn

May 10, 2011
If she just punched me probably not. If she attacked repeatedly I'd call the cops.
Not unless she was trying to rob, injure, or kill me would I ever hit a woman. Mostly because in modern society violence against women by men is seen as the ultimate evil. I also don't know how the woman would react.
If I grab her she could yell rape and I'd almost certainly end up defending myself in court and might even end up in jail.
If we were in a public area there would be an endless supply of men more than willing to play the role of white knight and beat the shit out of anyone who dare hurt a woman.
She could end up calling the cops on me. Unless she actually injured him, no one will care what the woman did first (A bit of an overstatement but the point stands).

Luna

Apr 28, 2012
I would either be too shocked or I would hit her back. Women who think they can get away with things that men can't like assault are annoying and I'd for them to realize otherwise.

Mainly just a self defense thing though. I mean she hit me once, she might try again.

TheOneBearded

Oct 31, 2011
First hit: Do nothing, but calmly say stop.
Second hit: Tell her to stop again.
Third hit: There is no third hit!

Going for a third hit is an assault in my book and no matter if you're male or female, I will put you down.

Captcha: know your rights - Goes great with this thread.