If Computers Acted Like They Do On TV

Llarys

Aug 28, 2013
Big surprise, Aaron's alt-I mean, one of his rabid 'fans' from his actual website has been banned for a few days.

Joking aside, I'm surprised nobody has linked to Yahtzee's video on webcomics...especially since the first half of the video (before it turns into a hate-letter for CAD) explains word-for-word why this comic is so DREARY.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/108-Webcomics

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
It's not the quantity of words that is the actual problem. Problem is those words over-explain things a hundred times, we got the joke at the start of the first panel and the rest just kept explaining it again and again.
All you needed for that joke was two sentences and two panels, that would make for some quick and snappy wit. Would also save you plenty of time on production and grief with readers.

justmyopinion

Apr 4, 2015
see, the real problem is that too many of the people that come to read this comic have no actual interest in the comic, they just want to make ignorant, asinine, and pretentious comments under the guise of "critiquing" something. Too many fools with too much time on their hands and all they want to do is troll troll troll.

And my previous comments remain absolutely and incontrovertibly true, despite the fact that my posts get banned, flagged, or whatever. You all know you are trolling just to troll and be douchebagels.

If you don't like it, quit coming back and commenting. I said it before and I'll say it again: no amount of your trolling BS is going to change the way he writes and draws the comic. The fact that you all continue to show up and make the same inane comments over and over and over just proves my point.

And no, I'm not Aaron's alt or a rabid fan. I'm just someone sick and tired of idiot trolls who are intent on proving how pathetic and stupid they are. It makes me weep for the future of the human race that has such putzes in it.

Go ahead and flag/strike this comment, too, you're just proving I am right when you do, because the only thing you want on this board is trolls. The internet is full of them and the escapist boards are apparently a prime breeding ground for the inbred troll population.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
justmyopinion said:
see, the real problem is that too many of the people that come to read this comic have no actual interest in the comic, they just want to make ignorant, asinine, and pretentious comments under the guise of "critiquing" something. Too many fools with too much time on their hands and all they want to do is troll troll troll.

And my previous comments remain absolutely and incontrovertibly true, despite the fact that my posts get banned, flagged, or whatever. You all know you are trolling just to troll and be douchebagels.

If you don't like it, quit coming back and commenting. I said it before and I'll say it again: no amount of your trolling BS is going to change the way he writes and draws the comic. The fact that you all continue to show up and make the same inane comments over and over and over just proves my point.

And no, I'm not Aaron's alt or a rabid fan. I'm just someone sick and tired of idiot trolls who are intent on proving how pathetic and stupid they are. It makes me weep for the future of the human race that has such putzes in it.

Go ahead and flag/strike this comment, too, you're just proving I am right when you do, because the only thing you want on this board is trolls. The internet is full of them and the escapist boards are apparently a prime breeding ground for the inbred troll population.
I think the fact that so many people comment on the comic with the same basic criticism shows that they do care
I think the comics sometimes make good points or interesting observations, but the execution is just so bland. Hell, if that guy wrote a quick blog post instead of a comic I would probably enjoy it more

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
justmyopinion said:

First off I think you need to calm down. Once you've done that I think you should go and give the first two sections of the Code of Conduct a thorough reading. If after doing that you still feel the need to post the way you have been then I suggest you either leave or accept that you will be banned.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Kenjitsuka said:
I don't really care about too much words to complain.
Loved the Photon Torpedo. Except they are impossible to simulate, even with all the explosives on the planet. So... Nerd complaint, I guess?
Oh no. A flashlight. So terrifying.

Namehere

Forum Title
May 6, 2012
As a TNG fan I am utterly disgusted with this comic. Everyone knows that when computers blow out of bridge walls in Star Trek - at least TNG - they are accompanied by rocks or a coal like substance... possibly deadly clumps of soil. We can all see the vivid image of Riker with his rock gashes, can't we? Do we forget our heroes so soon? For it is the doom of men that they forget...