If DeSantis wins

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, while there are more guns than people in the US, it seems that weirdos that have 13 AR-15s so they are ready to lead the revolution make up a lot of it. (And serious and sensible collectors, there's some of them around)

They just are louder and more obnoxious that most, and have a lot more political power than they should in a democracy.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Florida just passed a Constitutional Carry law

Somehow, the *first* person to open fire isn't getting charged because of Stand Your Ground laws. Bizarre
It's callous of me, I know, but I am really approaching the point of just calling this Darwinism in action and washing my hands of the whole thing. If your need to prove your machismo outweighs your desire to keep your offspring safe, maybe we're better off without your genetic contribution.

And of course the first guy to fire isn't being charged; that's how cowboys operate in Old West films, which are of course the best source for any law.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
It's callous of me, I know, but I am really approaching the point of just calling this Darwinism in action and washing my hands of the whole thing. If your need to prove your machismo outweighs your desire to keep your offspring safe, maybe we're better off without your genetic contribution.
Uh. The thing with a gun is that quite often it doesn't kill the one who's holding it.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Uh. The thing with a gun is that quite often it doesn't kill the one who's holding it.
And when it does kill the one holding it, it's not uncommonly in the hands of the owner's young relative who is too small to know any better and is playing with it without anyone knowing.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
All of the advantages of the keto diet are largely anecdotal at best. What's telling is that the most prominent advocates for keto and carnivore are largely the likes of Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson and thosw diets are very often framed in opposition to vegan and plant based diets. Basically some people decided to own the libs so hard by risking scurvy in the 21st century. They're are right wing grifters claiming that plant based diets are a deep state conspiracy to feminise men.
So, funny thing about this. A cousin of mine who lives over the pond got married last year. Turns out her husband does carnivore diet - remembering your post here I asked my parents whether he was right wing, and they said he was a Trump supporter.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
It shouldn't shock anybody to know that these book banning attempts are hugely astroturfed by deranged individuals who haven't even read the books in question
Ah, but didn't you hear? This is just fake news designed by the left to make Ron DeSantis look bad. He said so himself.

That said, does it surprise anyone that these people don't read books before banning them? Some of the MAGA faithful consider literacy a mental illness.

Majestic_Manatee

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2017
Country
Wales
It shouldn't shock anybody to know that these book banning attempts are hugely astroturfed by deranged individuals who haven't even read the books in question
Social justice? In fiction? Well that's almost every hero journey we have. And superhero journey. Almost all action movies too.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Social justice? In fiction? Well that's almost every hero journey we have. And superhero journey. Almost all action movies too.
Hey know, writing about kids defying a totalitarian government trying to control every aspect of their people's lives is anti-cop and anti-authority, and that's bad.

But don't ban guns, we need those to defy a totalitarian government...

Reactions: Absent

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Aww yeah, being able to turn away whoever you want if you have ethical or moral concerns with who they are
"Well, we can't start murdering them in the streets just yet, but we can make sure they start dying like our loving, merciful God demands."

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Can we start denying medical treatments to conservatives or would it be seen as, gasp, discriminatory ?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Concerning

So some poor kid has less than 15 weeks to try to get to the police and ask them to kill Uncle Bob otherwise they have to keep it, but drag shows and gender affirming care might get you Death Row if 8/12 jurors think it's appropriate if Florida passes that top one

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Concerning

So some poor kid has less than 15 weeks to try to get to the police and ask them to kill Uncle Bob otherwise they have to keep it, but drag shows and gender affirming care might get you Death Row if 8/12 jurors think it's appropriate if Florida passes that top one
Because it was never really about the children. It was only ever about power.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Concerning

Desantis being so desperate to overcompensate for his failures to imitate trump makes him, IMO, the most dangerous.

Reactions: Absent

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Concerning

"If the Republican governor signs the bill into law, Florida prosecutors trying capital felony cases would need to convince only two-thirds of the 12-member jury that someone who is convicted deserves the death penalty, rather than a unanimous decision by a jury."