If Fallout 4 takes place on the East Coast again, what would you like to see done.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Where though?

NYC and Washington, DC are the only two iconic cities on the East Coast. DC has already been done, and NYC has been done to death in general in games. Altanta is not very iconic. Orlando is more iconic (Disneyworld) plus it would be kinda interesting to see how the fallout universe somewhere in the south where it is....environmently lively.

Personally, I would vote for New Orleans or Toronto. The Toronto area between NY state and Michigan is basically one giant urban area. Seriously, check out google maps, its crazy. Its basically one city/town after another with virtually no space in between them

Fetus

Nov 25, 2012
Well, I'd love to see NYC done in Fallout.

How cool will a town on top of skyscrapers with bridges connecting them to other skyscrapers?
Or raiders hijacked the Staten Island Ferry? I think I just love NY in general.

Also, way less bugs please. And the ability to quit quests so your questlog wont glitch.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
I'd like to see a Fallout game outside of the US. I want to see what happened to the rest of the world.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Aerosteam said:
I'd like references to the end of New Vegas, find out what the canon ending was and see the winning faction expand to the new area.
The could make it scan your save files, choose one and little things get referenced based on what happened in your game.

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
Reaper195 said:
I'd like to see a Fallout game outside of the US. I want to see what happened to the rest of the world.
Read the quote below me, as much as I would love a game set outside of the US, but it wouldn't work. Now as an expansion, like the stuff for New Vegas. Could work then.

Eddie the head said:
Rastrelly said:
Why must it be US coast? Why not Fallout: Paris, or Fallout: Rome? That would be interesting. The game could even track back in time and show events parallel to original game, when Earth was still barely inhabited.
Because about half the setting is about 50's U.S war propaganda. You might be able to do a spin off that way, but any full sequel needs to be set in the U.S. Simply put it doesn't work as a full Fallout Game if it's not in the U.S.
Quoted so someone could read it, I agree with what you think :D An expansion I think it could work, like the stuff for Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

Double post, my bad - Sorry >_<

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Aerosteam said:
I'd like references to the end of New Vegas, find out what the canon ending was and see the winning faction expand to the new area.
The could make it scan your save files, choose one and little things get referenced based on what happened in your game.
No. Simply no.

That would turn the game into another Mass Effect, and I don't want to go into detail how wrong that would be in the Fallout universe. Let's just say I rather not spend an entire game making major story altering choices just to end up with: red explosion, green explosion, blue explosion.

-_-

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
Nomanslander said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Aerosteam said:
No. Simply no.

That would turn the game into another Mass Effect, and I don't want to go into detail how wrong that would be in the Fallout universe. Let's just say I rather not spend an entire game making major story altering choices just to end up with: red explosion, green explosion, blue explosion.

-_-
You obviously missed what I meant, I mean an OPTION to have it affect things in a small background kind of way, like people mentioning it in passing etc since the games don't usually take place in the same area. You wouldn't be playing the same character and the main story wouldn't link. Try have an open mind, just shooting down an idea you don't agree with like that is mean :(

You asked what what would people like to see. It may be something people would want to see.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Europe nuked itself in a mini world war, way before the actual end of the world.

Those cities were abandoned, and after the first salvo no one bothered to waste their nukes on the remains of Europe.

The only remaining countries was China, and the US by the time 2077 came around. That's it. Everyone else was dead, in total chaos, or annexed.
Patently false.

http://www.1up.com/features/fallout-3-afterthoughts
"Allistair Tenpenny came to the Capital Wasteland from Great Britain to seek his fortune, so that alone tells you that the U.K. was also hit in the war. And if he came to U.S. to succeed, that says a lot about how screwed up Europe must be. So we just allude, a little bit, to the state of the rest of the world. We like to leave a lot to the players' imaginations, and somebody like Tenpenny serves as a catalyst for those thoughts. "

Europe got nuked, and nuked others, in the same war everyone else did.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
I've said it many times before and I feel that I will continue to say it for many years to come-I WANT MY FALLOUT AUSTRALIA seriously America has more than enough spotlight on it,give someone else a chance! Seriouslly we already have iconic landscapes animal's/plant's you wouldn't have to do much :D

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Ultratwinkie said:
SajuukKhar said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Europe nuked itself in a mini world war, way before the actual end of the world.

Those cities were abandoned, and after the first salvo no one bothered to waste their nukes on the remains of Europe.

The only remaining countries was China, and the US by the time 2077 came around. That's it. Everyone else was dead, in total chaos, or annexed.
Patently false.

http://www.1up.com/features/fallout-3-afterthoughts
"Allistair Tenpenny came to the Capital Wasteland from Great Britain to seek his fortune, so that alone tells you that the U.K. was also hit in the war. And if he came to U.S. to succeed, that says a lot about how screwed up Europe must be. So we just allude, a little bit, to the state of the rest of the world. We like to leave a lot to the players' imaginations, and somebody like Tenpenny serves as a catalyst for those thoughts. "

Europe got nuked, and nuked others, in the same war everyone else did.
Actually no. In the fallout bible, the actual recorded lore written by the original developers and writers, Europe was nuked after its invasion of the middle east failed to get any results.

The EU turned against itself, and it escalated into nuclear war among its members. Europe died off, and the middle east was decimated to the point nothing remained.

Mexico was destabilized by America, while its forces annexed the oil rigs and diverted the Mexican oil to America.

Mexico never recovered, and sank into chaos.

There is a lot of lore that Fallout 3 patently ignored, and even basic logic. It ignored every single point the original writers have ever stated.
I've been firmly entrenched in your position, Winkle, (as the actress said to the bishop) for many years but recently I have found myself doing a lot of soul searching. Is the North American setting really as essential as I thought?

If you went away from the good ol' US of A you'd lose the vault network and the canon themes/background you mention, you'd lose the whole aspect of examining the malevolence of the American dream in relation to Americans. You'd also lose the grandeur of the American terrain.

If the Fallout universe were to go to Europe you'd encounter a number of difficulties:

Britain and most of Europe is far more densly populated than America, it is basically suburbia for as far as the eye can see. It's also pretty flat and we've all worked very hard over the past 1500 years to kill everything interesting in the environment so all the critters would have to be outlandish things. These aren't negatives; rather they're elements that would need to be considered and, particularly in terms of putting the scenery together, would make it harder and more time consuming to do as you'd have to create a lot of verticle structures that could be explored and come up with original creature models.

You could, however, explore new ideas. The division and elitism of the different nations of Europe (we all think we're exceptional) even whilst we all share such similar values. You could explore the issues of former empire; Commonwealth and immigration bring in people/resources that we need but all the while we resent them coming to our countries. You can explore all of those themes in a world that was trapped in the unprogressive 50s and where the tension was ratcheted up by the Americans whilst we stared down the nuclear barrel of the red menace. A world that started to metaphorically disintergrate due to its own hypocrisy before actually disintergrating due to its greed.

It's a fertile ground for ideas. Ideas that, I think, are in keeping with the Fallout theme.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I would dig Detroit, they could just use the modern day version! Hahaha, I jest. But it would be cool, my hometown Windsor could be in it as well. Have some cross border action. Like the NPR has Detroit and the Legion Windsor and the only way across is the bridge because the tunnel has too many dangers, Deathclaws and Mirelurks have mated and made crazy mutated Deathlurks, their nest being the tunnel.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
I don't see the problem in having Fallout set in the UK - 50s UK propaganda, BBC style news reports, 40s propganda posters etc. are just as iconic as the USA type stuff.

Examples:

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
As long as the game has good writing and a decent amount of roleplaying choice (like Fallout: New Vegas) and is actually stable (unlike Fallout: New Vegas), I don't really care what else they do or where they set it.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Actually no. In the fallout bible, the actual recorded lore written by the original developers and writers, Europe was nuked after its invasion of the middle east failed to get any results.

The EU turned against itself, and it escalated into nuclear war among its members. Europe died off, and the middle east was decimated to the point nothing remained.

Mexico was destabilized by America, while its forces annexed the oil rigs and diverted the Mexican oil to America.

Mexico never recovered, and sank into chaos.

There is a lot of lore that Fallout 3 patently ignored, and even basic logic. It ignored every single point the original writers have ever stated.
Fun fact, the writer of the fallout bible himself, Chris Avellone, said to NOT take it as canon unless it appears in the games because it was HIS view on the Fallout lore, not the entire staff's.

Its even mentioned on the wiki
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_canon#Non-canon_works
"The Fallout Bible by Chris Avellone is not canon, but serves as a useful commentary on the first two games. Some setting elements introduced in the Bible have been further developed in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. Some erroneous elements of the Bible were later corrected either in following issues of the Bible, in the games or by the developers themselves. In 2011 Chris Avellone recommended against using the Bible to determine canonicity. Any content using the Bible without separate verification from a canon source should include a non canon warning. "

So no, none of that happened, unless Bethesda says it did, and they haven't.