if it weren't illegal

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
DanielBrown said:
Amaror said:
Might if i ask were that's illegal? Sounds like a pretty silly law to me. I don't see any way how that would benefit anyone ever. With that dollar purchasing thing i can at least see how that benefits the government, but this i just cannot grasp.
It benefits those who aren't drinking and the streets/parks from littering. At least here I believe it's to have a nicer envieroment in the many public parks we got. The pubs here also require certain licensing to let customers drink outside their door(while out smoking or if they have an out-door area).
kinda makes sense, we just don't really have a problem here in germany with bottles or stuff lying around, but i think the reason for that may be that we have, äh, lets call it a deposit on most bottles.
it means you pay a few cents more when you buy the drink, but get it back when you return the empty bottle.
Now most drunk people don't do that, but there are quite a few homeless people that earn quite a bit of money just collecting those bottles and returning them. so that way parks and stuff stays relatively clean.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
I'd simply like there to be less bureaucracy, and some copyright laws ought to be smacked around a bit. Boring, yeah... They could make some drugs legal too.

Torkuda

Nov 7, 2013
"Like boo said, the government prints its own money (the VP has been under investigation on that charge since forever; the president has been forced to file tax declarations, etc), drives up the inflation and tries to hide it, poorly. National Index of Statistics claims a person can eat a full meal for 6 pesos, for example. That's like $0,60 cents of a dollar. It's also bullshit."

I find myself having to say that this is weird. Of all the debates this discussion could have launched, I would not have guessed "Argentina's currency system". I mean I suppose I know how it happened literally, but still... how did this happen?

ForumSafari

Sep 25, 2012
Host a server for file sharing of copyrighted works probably. I wouldn't mind sharing and sharing alike.

Drinking beer in public (I can technically already do this but only in certain areas).

God I've changed since my teenage years, I can't believe that's all I can think of.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Marijuana.

I have only met a few adults who smoke it as irresponsibly as kids in, say, high school do. That said, kids probably wouldn't even feel the need to get stoned constantly and brag about it to anybody who would listen if they weren't constantly told not to do it. Then there are the obvious economic benefits and the potential medical research to come from it.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I'd destroy my neighbour's cars and possibly their property. And I'd steal their dog and give it to someone who won't neglect it. Can't fucking stand my neighbours and their weekly parties. What gets me the most is they don' take the dog out for walks. They stick it outside with a 5-foot chain on, tell it to do its business, then take it inside again. So it barrels around the place banging into our walls and yelping and barking and scratching. (Townhouse.) They also lock it in the garage when they have company. I sincerely wish I could beat some sense into them.

In general, though? I'd love to be able to just punch people who deserved it. I'd stand around in stores at the mall and just smack people in the face when they can't act like decent human beings to employees. I'd probably make some good cash this time of year from staff tips.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Amaror said:
kinda makes sense, we just don't really have a problem here in germany with bottles or stuff lying around, but i think the reason for that may be that we have, äh, lets call it a deposit on most bottles.
it means you pay a few cents more when you buy the drink, but get it back when you return the empty bottle.
Now most drunk people don't do that, but there are quite a few homeless people that earn quite a bit of money just collecting those bottles and returning them. so that way parks and stuff stays relatively clean.
We got the same system, so it isn't really an issue here either. Was mainly another reason alongside with public drunks being extremely annoying when you're sober. However it can often look really awful the morning after a larger party in a park. Not only beer cans, but tons of other trash as well.
We haven't banned picnics though... :p

Could be a cultural thing though. As I recall you Germans can start drinking a lot earlier than in Sweden. Here we gotta be 18 to drink in a pub and 20 to purchase booze from the store. The people that do park drinking here is generally 14-18 year olds, so I can imagine the law being a counter measure to keep them from drinking.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I'd like to revoke the laws that won't permit my girlfriend to live in my damn country without having to suffer the relentless bureaucracy that follows her, every time she wants to change a job or go on a holiday. It isn't enough that she works, pays taxes, claims no welfare and abides by the laws. For some reason, being here at all is reason enough for the massive inconveniences, expenses and perpetual anxiety.

ChanTheNoob

Dec 6, 2011
I'd just sit at home all day smoking weed, while occasionally robbing local stores for food and supplies. Yes, I am that shallow.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Besides stealing a UPS truck? I can't really think of anything. I know its said, right?! Although I suppose there are various laws that I find to be annoying that I wouldn't follow. Example: Driving laws. Such things as not wearing my seatbelt (I know, stupid, no argument there. Although I always do, I find it silly that after the age of 16 there is a law that forces an individual to protect themselves).

But man would I love to steal a UPS truck.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Screw weed, you guys are insane.

I'd buy an army of theeeeeeese!!!!

I love these little bastards, unfortunately I have to go through miles of paper work and such just to own one because they'll effect Cali's environment blah blah blah BLAH!
I want some damn ferrets!!!
Also to paint my damn house a different color... yes thats illegal around my parts -_-

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Xcell935 said:

I love these little bastards, unfortunately I have to go through miles of paper work and such just to own one because they'll effect Cali's environment blah blah blah BLAH!
Also to paint my damn house a different color... yes thats illegal around my parts -_-
Awww, I have two of my own, they're not illegal in New York, and they're very precious. Just can't breed them. Mine are pretty dumb though. They don't sleep in a cage at night and their newest trick is turning on my vacuum cleaner at 4 am and sucking themselves into the nozzle. ><

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Drugs: if drugs are legal you can garuantee a better quality product that isnt mixed with all sorts of nasties. You just have people educated in how long it takes to leave the system so you can drive and go to work safely

Speed limits: why are these so low? My brembo disks could stop at 100 a lot quicker than some old bag with rusty old drum brakes and cataracts driving at 50

Public urination: whats the problem with seeing a sign "services 30miles" but your stuck in traffic so you just pull into a layby and pee. It shouldnt be illegal

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
SaetonChapelle said:
Xcell935 said:

Awww, I have two of my own, they're not illegal in New York, and they're very precious. Just can't breed them. Mine are pretty dumb though. They don't sleep in a cage at night and their newest trick is turning on my vacuum cleaner at 4 am and sucking themselves into the nozzle. ><
Oh good lord I'm going to have a heart attack from pure cuteness...

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Xcell935 said:
SaetonChapelle said:
Xcell935 said:

Oh good lord I'm going to have a heart attack from pure cuteness...
Yeah, I got mine when I went to go pick up one (A black one) and they had a tiny pre-mature pure white one they were going to put down because of how small she was and she was being bullied. So I got her for free. Now she's friggin huge and a pain in my ass. I forgot they were illegal in other areas though, what a shame. I suppose its because of their digging though. They're supposed to be good mousers from what I've heard! Use that excuse! Just pour dozens of mice into your home.

Reiper

Mar 26, 2009
mysecondlife said:
Home owners associations: group of massive pricks telling you how your house should look like or they sue.

For example, my father wanted to build a practice golf range in his backyard. HOA bitched about it because they think they have the right to. I personally disagree with my father because I hate having a practice golf range taking up most of the backyard, but it should be between me and him. I don't want some stupid pricks thinking they have say in this.

I once had a conversation with one of them and gosh, I wish I had a free pass for murder.

So to summarize, having things in my backyard as long as people think its reasonable. (oh for goodness sake, this sounds ridiculous).
Uh with home owners associations don't you knowingly sign a contract when you purchase the house that says you will abide by the terms of the home owners' association? You may not like that they have a say in it, but your neighbours might not want to have to look at a golf course. I remember a story a while back about a guy who wanted to pave his backyard with concrete and it got blocked. If it is a big deal wouldn't the ideal thing have been to buy a house in an area with no home owners association?

OT: I would buy a nice large stockpile of dangerous guns. The law can shove it up their arsenal! hue

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
Drummodino said:
I wouldn't mind being able to drink in public. I wouldn't go around drunk with a bottle of Jim Beam in hand mind you, but it would be nice to be able to have a beer on a park bench when I take my dogs for a run around.
You know, I was going to say there's nothing I'd change, but yeah, this. I'd love to have a nice scotch by the sea.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I'd like to be able to drink in public, which we can't do here.
I still don't really know why either. Restaurants can have patios on the street and serve alcohol on their property, but taking one step outside their property is technically illegal. It's just odd.