If money was no issue...

Luca72

Dec 6, 2011
Let's get personal, Escapist! If you had all the money you'd ever need, what would you do? I don't mean what would you buy, what entertainment would you finance, I mean what childhood dream would you accomplish? Have you always wanted to move to Thailand, or climb the Swiss Alps? Travel across a country on a motorcycle? Learn Kung Fu? Let's hear it!

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
In order:

Pay off my bills.
Pay off my family's bills.
Finally frigging finish college.
Sock a few thousand away for a safety net.
Buy a better house.
...My car's twelve years old, I should probably get a new one.
Give the rest to people who actually need it.

BrassButtons

Nov 17, 2009
Wire. Miles and miles of wire. Steel, niobium, silver, gold-filled, titanium, platinum....

I make chainmaille, and currently have a $150 wire order shipping in from Canada. If money was no object I would have just bought that company's entire stock.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Take care of all necessities and then travel.

Lots of places. I'd definitely travel around the country hunting down all the amusement parks and stuff that otherwise, I couldn't get to now. Then out of the country.

Just spreading my horizons.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Well personally I'd just keep going through university. I want to know stuff. I might even try for another degree after my first.
Probably this first; I think knowledge is important.

After that, I'd probably travel to lots of nice, exotic places and just read and write stories there.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
I dont know.... I think Id keep working with my dad. Im one of the few people who enjoys their job. Plus I wouldnt want to go soft from all that luxury if I just started doing nothing.

Would probably put all this money into starting up a building company and start building and selling homes. Thats the dream in my family at the moment anyway.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
I would fund the research and engineering required to make bipedal robots effective weapons and hopefully replace the tank with something faster and more maneuverable.

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
I'd join the Army, it's always something I've wanted to do. Ever since I was a kid and didn't fully understand what it was I would just see the soldiers on the news or in the paper and said "I wanna be that!". Or better yet make my own... I have all the money in the world after all.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
Set myself and my family up for life, nothing to fancy but just enough to be happy and healthy.

Fund medical and space travel research.

Get some qualifications and a job I'd actually enjoy. Something physical I think. I'd go nuts from not working after awhile.

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010
Being a percussionist, I'd buy a metric crapton of percussion equipment. By that, I mean all the instruments I'd ever need, all the sticks I need and then some, and of course, all ranges of sheet music and method books so I could eventually start teaching. I would be a very happy person if I could afford the instruments I play.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I would probably spend the money to go explore wild places and die falling down some kind of hole in an unexplored cave in southern china.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
I'd build myself a castle, because not enough people are patriotic enough to live up to the expression "An Englishman's home is his castle".

AceDefective

Mar 23, 2009
I'd pretty much just live my life like I do, but I would get everything I want.
Probably expensive vacations all the time too.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I'd buy a decent house, pay off bills etc & all the usual crap, then probably spend most of my life developing free software/learning about pointless things on wikipedia, along with a lot of exercise. That'd probably involve hiring a few people.

Monkey_Warfare

Sep 10, 2008
First build a castle to have paintball sieges in
Second research in fields I find interesting and am able to comprehend not just where grants are (limb growth and regeneration, neural development, and novel life formation, that is make a functional organism unlike any other, preferably multicellular)
Third finace space exploration, if possible be first man on Mars, if not my son/daughter be first on Mars
Finally build a weapon capable of incinerating earths atmosphere, build a space station with a decent viewport and watch the planet burn as I die having sex with 3 beautiful women

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
In all honesty? I'd continue to live exactly as I do now. The only big change would be that I would buy a house so I don't have to keep paying rent. I may also retire, depending on how I feel.