If the Beatles had one why not....

Josh Diaz

Oct 23, 2010
Well the beatles, green day van halen and areosmith had their own music game. So my question is, Does anyone besides me want another band exclusive music game to be made? i want Dr. Acula to have one but they dont enough songs. Plus they suck....

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Josh Diaz said:
Well the beatles had their own music game. So my question is, Does anyone besides me want another band exclusive music game to be made? i want Dr. Acula to have one but they dont enough songs. Plus they suck....
Plus they suck...
they suck
I see what you more than likely unintentionally did there.

I would love to see a Muse rockband. They're not even my favourite band but they would be perfect for it.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Um, why do you want Dr. Acula to have a game when they don't have sufficient songs (are you talking singles or total musical output?) and you think they suck?

What about Green Day, Metallica and Van Halen?

I dunnoh. I'm over the music game genre. As a musician, it only appealed to me when I wasn't in a position to actually create music.

I used to joke that they could do Rock Band Dave Matthews and sell it with a "fiddle." Then their fiddle player died, and I felt bad.

Bluntman1138

Aug 12, 2011
Due to the decline of "Guitar and Band" games, it would be doubtful any are made again for a specific band. And the Beetles werent the only ones. There was Aerosmith, Green Day, and Metallica as well. (may have been a few more as well)

But an all RUSH game, would be a definate buy for me.

Josh Diaz

Oct 23, 2010
i am talking the whole library and just because i think a band sucks doesnt mean i dont like them.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
The Red hot chilli peppers were going to have a guitar hero game, but sadly it got canned early in development.

That would of been so awesome! I would of brought five copies *sigh*.

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
I don't play guitar hero/band games, but I wouldn't be opposed to one focusing on Ozzy/Black Sabbath.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I would buy and play a GH/RB game if the set list was all Paramore. But we all know the chance of that happening are about the same as me waking up tomorrow in a bed made of money.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Josh Diaz said:
Well the beatles, green day van halen and areosmith had their own music game. So my question is, Does anyone besides me want another band exclusive music game to be made? i want Dr. Acula to have one but they dont enough songs. Plus they suck....
I didn't really like any of these concepts. I would rather have tracks from these band sin the major games. The Beatles was probably the best effort, but this was just generally lame. I got GHA when it was like 7 bucks, and I'm a big 'Smith fan. Just not worth having these exclusive games.

Rodrigo Girao

May 13, 2011
Bluntman1138 said:
How about a "Prog Band", with songs by Rush, Jethro Tull, Yes, Mike Oldfield, Pink Floyd, Marillion, ELP, King Crimson, and Gentle Giant?

Just imagine, the final challenge would be Jethro Tull's "Thick as a Brick" - with the pause button disabled.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Josh Diaz said:
Well the beatles had their own music game. So my question is, Does anyone besides me want another band exclusive music game to be made? i want Dr. Acula to have one but they don't enough songs. Plus they suck....
They suck is subjective... I think the rock band/guitar hero franchises care more about what the millions and millions of Beatles fans (aerosmith and Metallica in guitar hero's case) than a bunch of people who say they suck. There will always be a subjective view... But will Dr. Aculla bring in millions of dollars worth of sales when you can have some of the most inspirational and advancing music of all time become a game instead?

I personally don't like the Beatles. I do not enjoy their music, doesn't mean they suck... And I admit it would make no sense for a company to make a Korpiklaani game, or Finntroll, or Kamelot... Not enough guaranteed sales.

The bands chosen are usually those
1. Who have made a huge impact on the industry
2. Are VERY widely successful
3. Will ensure at least enough sales to even conceive putting in the man hours and such to make the game
4. That people can relate to

Some of these point tie in with one another, but you get the point. No sense in making a niche game out of a niche game out of a niche band... That's usually what they use DLC for

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Josh Diaz said:
i am talking the whole library and just because i think a band sucks doesnt mean i dont like them.
Yes, I believe many Primus fans have that same mentality.

OT: I'd kind of prefer a wide selection of various artists, though I wouldn't say no to a game based around Opeth, Death, Amon Amarth, Tool or Thin Lizzy, though apart from the latter two I don't think they'd sell very well. :( A man can dream...

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Is this a thread for people to count up bands that they want to be made GH/RB games from? Because if so then I wouldn't mind a Marduk one. Hell making a game with only Panzer Division Marduk would be enough for me to buy it.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
Give me a Jonathon Coulton Rockband and I'll be happy. Dammit, I want to be able to sing about badass #$%^ing fractals and not be stared at.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Queen.

I have no more to say other than I want to grow big perm type hair and get in Brian May mode.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
I don't really care for the Rock Band games that are only one band. I mean, yay, I get all the songs from that band, but having no variety in sound or style gets boring after a while.

However, if I were to ADD a band to the exsisting Rock Band roster, I would choose Ludo.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Edguy or dio, Both have plenty of songs of varying difficulty to play on your push coloured button for reward games styles.

i7omahawki

Mar 22, 2010
Faith no More, or more accurately: A Mike Patton Rock Band.

Having bands like Fantomas, Tomahawk, Mr. Bungle and Faith no More all in one game would be Epic indeed...goddamn that was a lame pun.

More realistically, I just want them to put up more Faith no More songs. Having an album, preferably Angel Dust would be sweet.

Bluntman1138

Aug 12, 2011
Rodrigo Girao said:
Bluntman1138 said:
How about a "Prog Band", with songs by Rush, Jethro Tull, Yes, Mike Oldfield, Pink Floyd, Marillion, ELP, King Crimson, and Gentle Giant?
Why would we need covers? All the other Rock Band and Hero games had enough covers with them. Actual Bands singing their own songs is what people want.

And NO band can do Rush songs as good as Rush.

"Leave That Thing Alone" would be would be a GREAT final song for the game. It has everything. (except lyrics)

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I say give one to Dragonforce, on expert mode it would be one of the most frustrating games of all time!