If the Emperor had a Text to Speech Device on permanent hiatus

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

He killed Little Kitten. The Fabricator General will fucking BURN in all my head cannon endings to this series. And goddamn it I missed it the first time but it looks like Rogal Dorn is also dead, or at least in need of a new suit of Centurion Armour

Although I do advise you all to read the pinned comment made by the man himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Personally started later, when sixth came out.

But considering the ruining stuff, i totally remember the "Stom of Chaos" desaster, when they set up a campaign to be influenced by sent in battle results which then happened to not be as expected or desired which lead to more and more ridiculous attempts at brute-force railroading before they eventually scrapped the whole thing.
Hah, and before that they did the same with Albion (which was totally going to be a big deal), and there were the Armageddon and Black Crusade ones for 40k. Nothing came of them, they got retconned, and some introduced new armies that weren't supported long after the campaign.

Particularly annoying in that they were really hyped leading up to the campaigns, and could have been really good, they just messed it up the same way 4 times in a row.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Huh, did he mentioned that these 2 new videos were the last to be made and released, then the hiatus will happen?

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Hah, and before that they did the same with Albion (which was totally going to be a big deal), and there were the Armageddon and Black Crusade ones for 40k. Nothing came of them, they got retconned, and some introduced new armies that weren't supported long after the campaign.
Oh, yes, participated in Albion as well. That one fizzled out unspectacularly, but at leat it had some really memorable battle setups like the landing.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh, yes, participated in Albion as well. That one fizzled out unspectacularly, but at leat it had some really memorable battle setups like the landing.
Yeah, might not have cared about it wandering off and being forgotten if it didn't have good stuff in there while it lasted.

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Huh, did he mentioned that these 2 new videos were the last to be made and released, then the hiatus will happen?
Kind of. These parts were already finished, and have been publicly available on his Patreon for a while. He seems to just be making what is already publicly available easier to access.

The final part of the episode is reportedly near complete, but they've stopped work on it and are not going to be releasing it in its current state.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Well, looks like there's some solidarity within the content creator scene. Quite a lot of them have released varying levels of satirical takes on the Warhammer+ teaser.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Meh, was never a huge fan of that series, and apparently the dudes behind it are pretty sexist, so not huge loss to me and my 40k hobbying.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Meh, was never a huge fan of that series, and apparently the dudes behind it are pretty sexist, so not huge loss to me and my 40k hobbying.
I'll admit even though I find the show amusing and did have fun watching it. Its not the end of the world for me that its brought to an end (For Now)

And I think it definitely went way beyond its initial scope that its name is meaningless at this point.

And the show regurgitates 40k meme headcannons as actual canon to the story and lore of the actual 40k Universe.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
And the show regurgitates 40k meme headcannons as actual canon to the story and lore of the actual 40k Universe.
That was one thing I think TTS did a disservice to the community on. Yeah a lot of people either first heard of 40k through TTS, or it was a major part of their fandom, or just something they really dig, and most/all of TTS lore is at best really bad fanfic. And so many, WAY TOO MANY fans adopted it as the real lore, and 40k lore was the stick-up-the-ass no fun lore that doesn't make incest jokes or reference the Dawn of War tutorial at every fucking second.
Like 40k is already a parody of Thatcher's Britain and how nightmarish 80s and 90s Britain was, a parody of that is like putting a hat on a hat. 40k is the over-the-op setting where the genetically engineered werewolf space viking uses a magical ice sword to fight ancient evil Egyptian robot zombies in service to a dark god(and that summary allows for more than one faction!), and some fans are sitting there like "But what if it was funny?" ************ its already hysterically over the top. We don't need clown and period jokes in it.

As for GW's new IP policies, I'm old hat. I remember ChapterHouse Studios and the dudes behind that openly stealing the 40k IP and just making their own Space Marines. I remember, what was it, Exterminatus, the unlicensed German 40k movie that was just straight up being made without GW's approval. I don't really blame them for enforcing their IP. And I think a lot of 40k fans are over reacting, saying GW is going after lore videos and painting tutorials next.

They actually can't go after battle reports. They're a tabletop wargaming company selling a product meant to be played. They can't stop people recording themselves playing it and putting it online anymore than EA can stop people from doing Lets Plays of games. Once they enter the product into the public and someone buys it, that person owns that product and can do whatever they want with it, within reason of course.

Battle reports, painting tutorials, lore videos, 40k Lets Plays, model/Codex reviews, GW can't touch a single one of them because they can't claim to own the actual use of a product they sell.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
News to me. Then again I donā€™t use Twitter so maybe thatā€™s where they go spray that side of their personality.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
News to me. Then again I donā€™t use Twitter so maybe thatā€™s where they go spray that side of their personality.
Actually I heard it was in reference to TTS. The Youtuber NordQueen Alexsis was going to voice one of the Sisters of Battle characters, but the artwork they were going with had like huge tits and was in skimpy power armor and when she asked if they could change, according to her they told her that the only reason she was asked to be a VA and her channel is at all popular was because of her big tits and skimpy clothes, and that they were simply trying to be accurate to her brand.
And then something about how only desperate women get into 40k because they think it'll make boys like them. I mean Alfabusa is Swedish, and that comes with all their charming views on gender norms.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Actually I heard it was in reference to TTS. The Youtuber NordQueen Alexsis was going to voice one of the Sisters of Battle characters, but the artwork they were going with had like huge tits and was in skimpy power armor and when she asked if they could change, according to her they told her that the only reason she was asked to be a VA and her channel is at all popular was because of her big tits and skimpy clothes, and that they were simply trying to be accurate to her brand.
And then something about how only desperate women get into 40k because they think it'll make boys like them. I mean Alfabusa is Swedish, and that comes with all their charming views on gender norms.
On the one hand that would be such a ā€œYouTube Creatorā€ thing to say and do Iā€™d believe it. On the other it seems really weird since I rewatch this stuff pretty constantly and the Sisters of Battle I remember seeing were in what I assume was normal full body armour for the setting.

Well, good on her for telling them to stick that up their arse if thatā€™s how they were going to treat a guest and presumed fan.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Seems there's been some minor review bombing of GW games on Steam over this. A couple of those games were actually good šŸ˜‚

Like 40k is already a parody of Thatcher's Britain and how nightmarish 80s and 90s Britain was,
Hey...the second half of the 90s was actually pretty good...

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
See this right here is dumb shit that will only end in tears.
I would say it's more likely to end in absolutely nothing. Downvoting DoWII on steam is going to have the same effect as a laspistol on a hiveship. They should feel free to keep downvoting DoWIII though.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I would say it's more likely to end in absolutely nothing. Downvoting DoWII on steam is going to have the same effect as a laspistol on a hiveship. They should feel free to keep downvoting DoWIII though.
Well, I think itā€™s dumb in principle, but you make a good point.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
And then something about how only desperate women get into 40k because they think it'll make boys like them.
Fake gamer girls? That's still a thing people believe in? Thought we'd moved past that.

(Not to mention, the idea that there's some sinister trend of women trying to seduce gamers is just painfully stupid as is)

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

And people are boycotting.

I swear every franchise I'm into lately is either hated or cancelled or obscure.