If this is true... Then... Wow...

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Honestly at this point, all it takes for people here to assume Microsoft to be guilty is for a rumor to exist.

Something tells me that a business that has existed successfully for this long isn't quite that suicidal, guys. Come on.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Terminate421 said:
I doubt this one is true.

Microsoft are being morons right now but I highly doubt they'd be this stupid. Plus devs and publishers would be losing money.
At this point there is nothing I'd believe is beyond any company's stupidity.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Even if they somehow manage to finagle game companies with multi-platform games into not showing those games at E3 (which seems highly unlikely) that wouldn't stop Sony from giving gamers a list of games that was coming to the PS4 with all the games that didn't show at E3.

It would be a dick move on Microsoft's part, but let's be real, they need to try everything at this point in order to save their asses from the doomsday scenario they've created around themselves.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Nope, this seems too impractical to be true.

Sounds like it would cost everyone waaaaaaay more money than they would ever receive, short-term or long term.
It sounds like something a shady corporation would do...if it meant buying off one person that could keep a secret and didn't have access to internet/friends and not a group of development teams with access to internet/friends.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I'm hoping that this isn't true, but I wouldn't put it past these guys to do so. The Xbone has not been able to get any good press that matters, and microsoft is getting desperate. A drowning man will clutch at a straw, as the old saying goes.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I heard this rumor that Sony is paying for these rumors.

Source please.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
That was surreal... the relevant quote is on thread page 63. I briefly thought the OP was seeing if we check sources.

OT: Not believing it. Microsoft isn't THAT dumb. Besides, they know the console will still sell pretty well, no matter how upset "core" gamers get.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
I don't know...this seems to to stupid and risky of a move for it to be real. I can't see many publishers going for it.

Then again this is Microsoft.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
CleverCover said:
Nope, this seems too impractical to be true.

Sounds like it would cost everyone waaaaaaay more money than they would ever receive, short-term or long term.
It sounds like something a shady corporation would do...if it meant buying off one person that could keep a secret and didn't have access to internet/friends and not a group of development teams with access to internet/friends.
I wouldn't be so sure. While I doubt Microsoft has the money to waste on such a pointless endeavour, it's not impossible that they didn't pay a few publishers to do their reveals at the XBOX stand. After all their just using the xbox to show their game on, it doesn't remove the fact that the game will be on the PS4 as well (and will likely even be mentioned that its on both consoles and PC if thats the case making MS spending the money even more pointless). As I said, not impossible but it'd be a waste of money for little gain and I'm not sure MS has the money to waste at this point.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
That's pretty dastardly, but if I were a dev you'd have to pay me a LOT of money to alienate my Playstation playerbase.

And as everyone else is, I don't know if this is true or not. We'll see.

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
Seems like that would backfire in that people would then see whatever games aren't banned, and then get the additional titles doled out to them. Not to mention, now that this is out, people may just assume there are even more PS4 titles than there actually are.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
You shouldn't be surprised that huge corporations would do shady and underhanded things to undermine their competitors.

Agent Cross

Died And Got Better
Jan 3, 2011
lacktheknack said:
That was surreal... the relevant quote is on thread page 63. I briefly thought the OP was seeing if we check sources.
*slow claps*

I gave up at page 23. All I got from the thread was over-heating, yadda, RRoD, yadda yadda, XBOX 720, yadda yadda yadda, and lol the cloud.

You must have the fortitude of a fortifiably fortitious creature! I tip my hat.

*tips hat*

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Agent Cross said:
lacktheknack said:
*slow claps*

I gave up at page 23. All I got from the thread was over-heating, yadda, RRoD, yadda yadda, XBOX 720, yadda yadda yadda, and lol the cloud.

*tips hat*
You can un-tip your hat. After two pages, I jumped straight to the last page and text-searched for "reacting hard", then followed the quote link.

I tip MY hat to you for actually trying to read the whole thread.

Agent Cross

Died And Got Better
Jan 3, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Agent Cross said:
lacktheknack said:
*slow claps*

*tips hat*
You can un-tip your hat. After two pages, I jumped straight to the last page and text-searched for "reacting hard", then followed the quote link.

I tip MY hat to you for actually trying to read the whole thread.
My life! I'll never get that back.

T_T

[small]Never...[/small]

Cross not thunk so gud...

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I cannot even muster the energy to feign looking surprised.

What I find scary is Microsofts motivation. They truly have no clue just how massive their problems are if they think what they have to combat is Sonys and the PS4's perception of being "for gamers" Seriously if they think THAT is their problem, they have no way to comprehend the cataclysms they created for themselves just over the horizon.

What I find hilariously scary is the thought of "Just how awful do you and your upcoming product have to be to by some miracle manage to make SONY look customer friendly.

I rant, I jab, I call shenanigans, but sadly at the end of the day this is what we allowed OUR industry to grow into. So through healthy doses of gamer laziness, self centered attitudes, flippant attitude toward making decisions that hurt others, abundant ignorance on legal rights, consumer protections and pathetic apathy to muster the energy to show any form of resistance. We are the gullible rubes who pay sticker price buying a new car. We are the fools accepting a 40+% interest second chance credit card. We are what made the industry what it is today through our neglect and self serving interests so perhaps we ought to lay in the bed we made and suffer until the industry crash this upcoming generation is likely going to generate is in full effect prompting a new generation of more appropriate consoles.